test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Campaign Completion and Signet of Patronage

vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
edited March 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
I have never used any of them so i have some questions:

1)Does the Campaign Completion token includes boons? Or only campaign tasks? Would i still have to farm boons?

2)What about the pack of campaign currency that is said to come with Campaign Completion? How much currency is that for each campaign?

3)Does Signet of Patronage cut the costs of boons? Or only costs of campaign tasks?

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited March 2018

I have never used any of them so i have some questions:

1)Does the Campaign Completion token includes boons? Or only campaign tasks? Would i still have to farm boons?

2)What about the pack of campaign currency that is said to come with Campaign Completion? How much currency is that for each campaign?

3)Does Signet of Patronage cut the costs of boons? Or only costs of campaign tasks?

1) Yes, no, no
    2) Yes. I think there is a list somewhere. Did you check the item in Zen store? It probably has a list.
    3) It cut the cost of all tasks (which include boon) in the campaign diagram.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Thanks for the info, plasticbat!

2) Yes. I think there is a list somewhere. Did you check the item in Zen store? It probably has a list.

That's the thing. I have the vague memory that the Zen Store showed those campaign currency packs, but now i check and there's no info whatsoever.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The exact details of what the patron token does varies by campaign. It effectively halves the time to complete any non-repeatable task. Mostly by cutting the costs but in the case of SKT it doubles your reputation gain. Confusingly, the bonus rep isn't shown in the quest rewards.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    SKT doesn't seem to help with Secrets of Ostoria.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    Doesn't the Genie's Gift now work with SKT currencies now? I recently finished up the boons with about 20 Gifts.
  • Options
    Not sure. Used the Signets that I had. In the process of gathering for the next.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User

Not entirely correct. Costs for keys and some other things (e.g. "Dragon Emire Treasures" or "Prevent Tiamat's Return" in the ToD campaign) for example are not cut in half. But most are, that's true.

Btw, one of my chars almost flew through the Icewind Dale campaign during the recent event that doubled that campaign's currency gain. With the Signet of Patronage, my char made 4x the progress as normal. :-)
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited March 2018

Not entirely correct. Costs for keys and some other things (e.g. "Dragon Emire Treasures" or "Prevent Tiamat's Return" in the ToD campaign) for example are not cut in half. But most are, that's true.

True. I forgot about those.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    > @greywynd said:
    > SKT doesn't seem to help with Secrets of Ostoria.

It did last October when I finished my alts but perhaps it is bugged now.
    Post edited by pitshade on
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    sykatrixsykatrix Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Patronage works by halving the currency cost of progression and boon campaign tasks. However after being halved the costs are rounded up. So tasks such as Dread Ring progression that take 1 unit of currency, still take 1 unit of currency. In addition the time taken to execute the task is not reduced so the Underdark canpaign and Tyranny of Dragons are not significantly shortened - they have 18-20hr task durations - although the boons for Tyranny are greatly accelerated.

The upshot of all this is that patronage is not a good fit for all campaigns.
  • Options
    In the matter of keys, it is a discount on the Non-repeatable tasks.
  • Options
    pitshade said:

It did last October when I finished my alts but perhaps it is bugged now.

I am working with one of the characters that completed SKT to gather supplies for a Signet. Secrets of Ostoria for that character are 4/day; 3 for Defending the Dale and 1 for Readying for Invasion.