test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Chain of Scales unique tag bug

artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
On saturday I discarded my Chain of 3 Scales in order to get a new one that I would keep at 2 scales.

After that, I picked the weekly quest and headed to the Fane of the Night Serpent Instance.

The first boss dropped his scale alright. The final boss also dropped the chain. However, I wasn't able to pick it up and got an error message telling me that I already had this unique item.

Prior to discarding it, the chain was on my quickbar for all loadouts. Thinking it could be a problem I went through all of them and placed a stack of potions in its place. It didn't fix the problem.

Will the bug fix itself over time? Will I be able to get a new one this week? Any luck I could have someone put a new chain in my inventory?

Comments

• Options
    kleineryoda#3363 kleineryoda Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    I just wanted to report this same bug.

chain_of_scales

Any character that accompanies you, does get a chain of scales and the first scale too, no matter whether they can already access the weekly or not (or have already done it this week).
  • Options
    kleineryoda#3363 kleineryoda Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Oh and the character in question never had the item equipped. Just received during introductory quest, refined one step (chain of two scales) and then discarded it. Received both items again during the weekly afterwards (this is when the screenshot has been taken).
  • Options
    I completed fane again. Still couldn't pick up the chain so the bug apparently won't solve itself.

I'll try opening a ticket with support.
  • Options
    I've tried asking customer support.

In short, after trying to explain my story twice, they have no idea of what i'm talking about and didn't read half of my explanations.

I guess I'll just have to wait for the bug to be fixed for everyone.

This item isn't all that good anyway.
  • Options
    r000kie said:

Just out of curiosity, why is Chain of 2 scales better? Because it has on tooltip AND power implying both are guaranteed?

Exactly, the 2 scales version is the only one with a guaranteed power buff, 3 scales and higher are random.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    For anyone having this same problem, the bug solved itself for me somehow by completing Fane in a group.

EDIT : I went to the test server, discarded my chain of scales then completed Fane alone and was able to pick up the new chain. So it has nothing to do with being in a group or not. I assume one of the last two patches included an undocumented fix for this bug.

So thanks guys for taking the time to fix this ! <3
    Post edited by artifleur on