Options

Paranoid Delusion Companion Screaming

twilighttymetwilighttyme Member Posts: 1 Arc User
1) Log in to a level 70+ Control Wizard
2) Paranoid Delusion Companion summoned by default
3) Paranoid Delusion screams causing player character to scream
4) Normally scream subsides
5) Player character and companion continue to scream
6) Using shift key to slide player character stops player character from screaming, companion continues
7) Upon entering new area screaming starts again on both player character and companion
8) Using shift key to slide player character stops player character from screaming, companion continues
9) After a long duration of movement through area companion eventually stops screaming or when going into combat
10) Combat is affected/delayed if player/companion are screaming

Observed Result:
Player character and companion scream too long and after entering new areas, affect negatively delays attacks.

Expected Result:
Player character and companion scream should only happen upon first log in.

Comments

• Options
    zakienwarzakienwar Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    well it looks like the beginning animation of the Paranoid Delusion companion is on repeat, because it will not stop unless you force it. Also even when your char is not doing the animation , the companion will still be doing it while running lol. please fix this.

P.S Please also if you got a chance , fix the Panther Companion. it seems to look lost sometimes , not knowing to follow my char or to attack mobs already in play. Thank you for all ya'll's help.
  • Options
    hudsolohudsolo Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    So i have a buddy he is a bowmen and his companion is stuck. Please see pictures. He has sent in tickets but has not gotten any answer any help would be appreciated. Is this a know bug? This has been happen since the OMU patch.
    https://imgur.com/0LjlA73 https://imgur.com/a/uapj1
    Post edited by hudsolo on
  • Options
    myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    Ever since 13b release my main DC has experienced a bug with his Paranoid Delusion. He gets locked in the intro graphic pose, the scream of agony, any time he's not on his mount. It will stop in combat and it doesn't seem to slow his non-mounted movement, but it's distracting and not at all how he should look. I know that this has been brought up before but we're several patches in on the new mod and nothing has been done.
  • Options
    Anything being done about this seems it fallin on deafs ear?
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    "The horror the horror i tells ya!"

When you summon the paranoid deluision you do a small scream animation and i have had an exceptional amount of time to enjoy that animation because every map transition when i have that companion summoned my character gets stuck in the scream animation and so does the companion. This affects movement and other actions until i break the animation with encounter powers or jumping on a horse.

• Options
    Any updates?
  • Options
    Don't forget about this..
  • Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I wish there was some way to mute companion chatter, whether it be the Paranoid Delusion screaming or the other repetitive inane companion comments...

A lot of my companions I've had for years and hearing them say the same things over and over again just makes me want to turn and attack them (*"I've got your 'big club' right here...) of course I could dismiss my companions - but that kind of defeats the purpose of having a companion in the first place.
  • Options
    Any updates?
  • Options
    Kind of lost back here. Any updates?
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    hudsolo said:

Kind of lost back here. Any updates?

Issue should have been resolved two patches ago: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10888184

Is it still happening to you?
This discussion has been closed.