What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hunt Mobs and Poaching

2»

Comments

• Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    I'm doing Omu on four toons since day one. Today I saw my first rare bear. I was able to get a few shots in before it was pulverized by another player. Sadly no drop.

Doesn't seem like the different rare mobs spawn at the same rate. The wisp is the one I've seen the most. I've seen the whisper only once. Luckily I got a drop from it. The last time I saw a magebreaker must have been two weeks ago. There were a bunch of them in the southeast part of the undercity. No drop after killing all of them.
  • Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    After some testing it seems that it doesn't matter who does the most damage to a rare spawn, as long as you (or your pet) hits at least once. In most situations nobody gets anything, but if you hunt with a friend, it certainly won't hurt not being in the same party for (seemingly) twice the chance. Just don't oneshot some poor farmer's bears.
  • Options
    aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Im pretty sure Cryptic is doing this on purpose...every time the same - in the beginning a nice drop rate (trophy) and then after the patch they ninja lowered it into Nirvana...and so ppl start blaming each other.
    Very low spawn rate (rares) with a very, very, very very low droprate for 20/25 ppl in the instance I call it an absolute insolence! And after all the struggle u have your lure but RNG God decides what u get: HAMSTER for most ppl and a few lucky guys..rinse and repeat...walls of rng bs to steal our lifetime...

Post edited by aixis2000 on
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    aixis2000 said:

Im pretty sure Cryptic is doing this on purpose...every time the same - in the beginning a nice drop rate (trophy) and then after the patch they ninja lowered it into Nirvana...and so ppl start blaming each other.

And the Devs will deny doing such. So do you believe the Devs or your own impression, which is based on back luck with RNG?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @greywynd ...??? For shure they adjusted (lowered) the droprate..and the way they do it is what I dont like and like the mods before: first to good to last long and then near non existent..the "doing on purpose" is my frustration...but not sure why u have to be their shiny defender?

And by the way "So do you believe the Devs or..." Hello?
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    aixis2000 said:

@greywynd ...??? For shure they adjusted (lowered) the droprate..and the way they do it is what I dont like and like the mods before: first to good to last long and then near non existent..the "doing on purpose" is my frustration...but not sure why u have to be their shiny defender?

And by the way "So do you believe the Devs or..." Hello?

TBH, you threw out the conspiracy theory first. Not every bad experience is due to the DEVLUMINATI!!!!

• Options
    pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    ...But just because you're paranoid, that doesn't mean they are NOT out to get you!
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Im from Germany....first funny thing that came in mind: Walter Ulbricht am 15. Juni 1961 in Ost-Berlin "Niemand hat die Absicht, eine Mauer zu errichten."
    @litaaers: they adjusted droprates like that before and sometimes they stated it in the patchnotes and sometimes not..nevertheless they droprate is so damm low I really question their intention..I for myself found me asking..."What am I doing here" ...lifetime is too short to waste it for nothing...

Edit: I worked a bit on my awful grammar...
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    anomalea said:

You're assuming that clear-cutting an area is the way to get rare spawns. What if there are only a specific number of spawns avalable per area/map? What if you have to kill a hunt mark somewhere in order to allow another to spawn. Maybe while you're sitting in you clear-cut, the only reason you get a rare spawn is because one of the "cruisers" hit a mark somewhere else, allowing yours to come in.

Yours is only one way to farm. And it messes with other ways.

when i first read this i thought it was absolute crazy talk. I did. but now after doing the sub lairs for spiders and lizard folk and thayans I think it's absolutely right.

thayans is difficult because it's a big lair. and I'm not entirely sure that ALL the thayans including the ones on the outside are not counted as well as the lair. it was harder to control.. but there were times it was controllable this way. go thru the entire lair kill the area you want spawns first then kill all hunt marks and then wait for the rares to spawn in your area. if they dn't go back and kill the rares again out of your area that have gone back to original. works a lot of the time. (but too many people in and out to tell for sure)

spiders I absolutely could control the lair this way it was predictable and easy and fast. once you got all the rare spawns out of the other parts of the map the recluse would spawn over and over in my circle of travel.

lizard folk somewhere in between thayan and spiders.

clear cutters are definitely a hazard with this way of farming, I basically had to leave instances when one would be in the area.. but the results are worth it to find an instance where you can manipulate the landscape to fit your plans.. if I had not had the spiders as a repeatable example of how this could work I wouldn't be so confident based on the other two.. but I worked this for a couple days in low population instances where people weren't bugging me much. I would say confirmed.

• Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    Even if I farm an area, this are not 'my' mobs. I might get a little bit pissed, if I did farm for some time, get a spawn and someone else kills it, but this is my problem. The only time I ever bothered with sending a pm to another player, was when he or she stole the last hit from me several times in a row, when I had to kill xy for z times and after doing 90% of the job the other player used a big hitting encounter, to get the kill. I did not switch instances, but followed him around doing the same. I am petty, that way.

I ignore 'this are my mobs' pms the same way as 'wait for a few minutes, my friends want to change instances, to get the kill, too' or the occasional insults.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    intothegrooveintothegroove Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    i have been frustrated by this but i cant really see a viable solution unless they give trophys to all who damage a "rare spawn" in a similar way to the t-rex, or increase the drop rate, which is way to low in my opinion. but then we all know what the rng is like in this game (just blew a whole stack of 100 wards on a 3% which you would think you could complete in around 33... go figure! never happens to me). anyways, i used to play a game which was open world and pvp so you could defend your hunting spawns, that got brutal as the strongest usually bullied (power abused and killed) the rest and were able to hunt in the best areas. it does teach you to respect other peoples playing areas though ;) maybe neverwinter could add some kind of challenge system to resolve these kind of disputes.
  • Options
    hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I think all of this will be moot with the next mod. The instanced hunts in the new area will take up everyone's time - Soshenstar / Omu will probably be ghost towns, just like River District.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

i have been frustrated by this but i cant really see a viable solution unless they give trophys to all who damage a "rare spawn" in a similar way to the t-rex, or increase the drop rate, which is way to low in my opinion. but then we all know what the rng is like in this game (just blew a whole stack of 100 wards on a 3% which you would think you could complete in around 33... go figure! never happens to me). anyways, i used to play a game which was open world and pvp so you could defend your hunting spawns, that got brutal as the strongest usually bullied (power abused and killed) the rest and were able to hunt in the best areas. it does teach you to respect other peoples playing areas though ;) maybe neverwinter could add some kind of challenge system to resolve these kind of disputes.

They could use 10% of total Damage or 100k hp whichever is greater unless 1 player has done over 50% dmg, then they (the 1 player) only get the drop.