test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tyrant Hunt Drop - Bile Drenched

Comments

• minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    adinosii said:

@noworries#8859

I would strongly sugest your dev team double check the kutlass scale drop from the kutlass hunt while you guys are at it. There have been player reports of it potentially being bugged as well.

No, the Kutlass scale drops just fine....I had posted a thread about it, and someone suggested tht in order to get the Kutlass scale you had to deal the killing blow. I personally find that unlikely, but at any rate, I did the next Kutlass kill solo, and the scale dropped just fine (and yes, I hav the chain active and in my inventory.

So, Kutlass is OK - the drop rate is just a bit low.
    Done about 10 kutlass (some solo) and 15 folly, no scale from either on my TR, got both quickly on my GF/GWF.

• vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    miasmat said:

"killed the Tyrant" should be read as "has the Chult Lore entry about The Tyrant" ("The Lost City of Omu: The Tyrant"). So between now and when the fix goes live (probably next week), get in on a Tyrant kill and you'll get a Bile Drenched Scale.

I am having the same problem with the Kutlass' Bloody Scale. Can you verify it is also working correctly for that drop?

I've killed about 20 of these bad boys (as the lure placer, and about 10 of these as the solo hunter) over two main characters over a period of 3-4 weeks and haven't gotten a drop on either one. They both had the Chain of Scales already, restored to the 2nd tier. I had the scales from Ras Nsi and the Tarnished Mind Whisperer drop prior to doing Fane, so I'm concerned it is also affected in Kutlass.
    Post edited by vordayn on
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    > @vordayn said:
    > "killed the Tyrant" should be read as "has the Chult Lore entry about The Tyrant" ("The Lost City of Omu: The Tyrant"). So between now and when the fix goes live (probably next week), get in on a Tyrant kill and you'll get a Bile Drenched Scale.
    >
    > I am having the same problem with the Kutlass' Bloody Scale. Can you verify it is also working correctly for that drop?
    >
    > I've killed about 20 of these bad boys (as the lure placer, and about 10 of these as the solo hunter) over two main characters over a period of 3-4 weeks and haven't gotten a drop on either one. They both had the Chain of Scales already, restored to the 2nd tier. I had the scales from Ras Nsi and the Tarnished Mind Whisperer drop prior to doing Fane, so I'm concerned it is also affected in Kutlass.

I can confirm the kutlass scale works. I had gotten one while having a rank 2 chain and after having previously been in a party with someone else that got one.

It works, it’s just a lowish RNG drop chance.
    edited May 2018

I can confirm the kutlass scale works. I had gotten one while having a rank 2 chain and after having previously been in a party with someone else that got one.

Did you also have the Ras Nsi and Tarnished Mind Whisperer's scale in your pack too though? Those scales restore the Chain after the Kutlass one, so I don't know if having one or both of these two scales prevents a lower level scale from dropping. I have both in my pack, I don't know which one of them dropped first however, and both mains are in the same situation.

@miasmat, does having more advanced scales prevent the previous ones from dropping??
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    > @vordayn said:
    > I can confirm the kutlass scale works. I had gotten one while having a rank 2 chain and after having previously been in a party with someone else that got one.
    >
    >
    >
    > It works, it’s just a lowish RNG drop chance.
    >
    > Did you also have the Ras Nsi and Tarnished Mind Whisperer's scale in your pack too though? Those scales restore the Chain after the Kutlass one, so I don't know if having these two scales prevents a lower level scale from dropping. I have both in my pack, I don't know which one of them dropped first however, and both mains are in the same situation.
    >
    > @miasmat, does having more advanced scales prevent the previous ones from dropping??

I had the ras nsi scale but not the tarnished. I also had a soulmonger ampule if that matters.
  • eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    vordayn said:

Did you also have the Ras Nsi and Tarnished Mind Whisperer's scale in your pack too though? Those scales restore the Chain after the Kutlass one, so I don't know if having one or both of these two scales prevents a lower level scale from dropping. I have both in my pack, I don't know which one of them dropped first however, and both mains are in the same situation.

@miasmat, does having more advanced scales prevent the previous ones from dropping??
    I had both on my character when the Kutlass dropped for me. Took me about 16 summons, did them all solo.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I had both scales..got Kutlass' on, I think, my 8th attempt.
    Hoping for improvements...
    edited May 2018
    eion311 said:

vordayn said:

I had both on my character when the Kutlass dropped for me. Took me about 16 summons, did them all solo.
    OK, so I gave it another shot since you guys' feedback says it does drop.

I don't know if this is a work around or is just good RNG following a bad spell: but I put my Chain of Scales, and both the Ras Nsi and Tarnished Mind Whisperer's scale into my bank, and Kutlass' scale dropped on the 3rd attempt for my CW, and on the 2nd attempt for my DC.

RNG works in funny ways. :D

But if you were like me and had both scales on you, it won't hurt to try and put all the items into your bank while you hunt Kutlass. Whatever it is, I'm am free from hunting! Hoorah!

Now just to offload these 9 or so Horn of the Ape I picked up ...
    Post edited by vordayn on
  • unthoughtknownunthoughtknown Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    Thanks for fixing this bug in today's patch. 2 months to the day!
  • dopefish18#0550 dopefish18 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I'll be actively campaigning against anyone ever spending money in this game until devs start doing their jobs correctly. Including the loss of the large amounts of money I invested in the game myself only to be disappointed by a complete lack of support or reasonable resolution in a timely manner. Hire someone that knows what they are doing.
  • siegericsiegeric Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    Killed Tyrant several times post-patch, no one in the group received a scale. It appears to have been a one-time offer for those who killed before the patch. Not sure new drop rate or if the patch actually fixed the problem, though the reward for those who killed previously was a good gesture. I am still of the position that the lure dropper should automatically receive a scale if they haven't already as just making the Tyrant lure is a significant accomplishment. Doing so would also make the event more social as those who have already completed it would be more likely to let someone else have a chance.
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    siegeric said:

Killed Tyrant several times post-patch, no one in the group received a scale. It appears to have been a one-time offer for those who killed before the patch. Not sure new drop rate or if the patch actually fixed the problem, though the reward for those who killed previously was a good gesture. I am still of the position that the lure dropper should automatically receive a scale if they haven't already as just making the Tyrant lure is a significant accomplishment. Doing so would also make the event more social as those who have already completed it would be more likely to let someone else have a chance.

Only the invoker receive the scale. If he has already received one, no more scales will come.
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • siegericsiegeric Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    In each of the 4 kills post-patch, the lure user did not previously have the scale and did not receive a scale. It's not automatic. For several guild members who killed the Tyrant pre-patch, but did not use the lure, they received a scale on patch day.
    it is a bit unfair, yes. considering the effort/expenses required to make a lure, the drop chance should really be 100%.

This is also because people that just participated in a kill pre-patch got the scale, even if they did not place a lure...but people that place the lure after thd patch have only a chance of getting it.
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    i killing yesterday 1 not drop me bile drenched scale , boots, glowes,chest,2xring :sweat:
  • timor211timor211 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    Is it still bugged ?

We made tyrant 2times with guildmates

No drop bile drenched scale !

This is totally UNFAIR ; some people who have only participate to tyrant before patch have the scale
  • aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Did Tyrant 5mins ago noone in the party got the scale...that really suc...s Always the same Cryptic said they fixed things and they are still broken...
    The Bile Drenched Scale has been changed to drop 100% of the time from the Tyrant hunt if the player qualifies for it.

İ can kill never drop me again i can buy 2 million ad rot flesh ppl before killed droped next patch %100 bile drenched i want tomorrow backpack bile drenched !
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    timor211 said:

Is it still bugged ?

This is totally UNFAIR ; some people who have only participate to tyrant before patch have the scale

Yeah, this will be a 100% drop rate for anyone qualifies with tomorrow's patch.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

timor211 said:

Is it still bugged ?

Yeah, this will be a 100% drop rate for anyone qualifies with tomorrow's patch.
    RIP the people who summoned a tyrant in between the 2 patches lol.
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    aixis2000 said:

Did Tyrant 5mins ago noone in the party got the scale...that really suc...s Always the same Cryptic said they fixed things and they are still broken...

The Bile Drenched Scale had never been a 100% drop rate item. We did a fix to an issue with the drop where a player couldn't receive it at all when they still needed it, but a change in the drop rate was not part of that fix and was never intended to be part of that fix. We also never said that it was changed to a 100% drop rate when that fix went live.

With the upcoming change it will now be a 100% drop rate if the person qualifies for it. To avoid future confusion, this does not mean everyone in a group will get the scale, there is at most 1 Bile Drenched Scale per kill.
    Well, this is a good fix. It was rather unfair that those who even just participated in the hunt before the first patch got the scale automatically, but those who dropped the lure afterwards only had "a chance".

So, as I said above...
    adinosii said:

considering the effort/expenses required to make a lure, the drop chance should really be 100%.

So, I'm happy. There might be a handful of people who placed their first Tyrant lure between the first and second patch and did not get the scale, but I don't know if anything can be done about that.

Anyhow, thanks for the fix.

Now if you could only fix the Omu trophy drop rate (which seems to be the same as in Soshenstar, but there we get 2 rare mobs spawning, instead of just one, so double chances) ;)
  • aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    @noworries
    For me it sounds pretty unfair cause ppl in between the 2 patches get nothing.
    In the long run the Bile is the only valuable drop and what does that mean : 1 Bile per kill... the caster which did all that awful-time-consuming-rng-bs farming have a 20% chance to get it if he does the Tyrant in a 5 man group? Its a automatic drop b.o.c like the other Scales right so u have to solo the Tyrant to get it for sure?

You guys working hard at keeping player frustrated...only one carrot after another...farming rotten flesh is in my opinion the most time consuming and disapointing thing u ever implemented over the last 5 years...so what u offer for our time if not the scale is a 100% drop for the owner of the lure? Maybe in your hometown u can buy lifetime in the next super market around the corner but were I life I really have to think about if I want waste time for a rank 3 hunt over and over again.

Post edited by aixis2000 on
    macjae said:

Does everyone in the group that qualifies have an equal chance at the drop?

I assumed it was only a guaranteed drop for the person placing the lure...if that's not the case, it would be nice to know,
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited June 2018

aixis2000 said:

The Bile Drenched Scale had never been a 100% drop rate item. We did a fix to an issue with the drop where a player couldn't receive it at all when they still needed it, but a change in the drop rate was not part of that fix and was never intended to be part of that fix. We also never said that it was changed to a 100% drop rate when that fix went live.

With the upcoming change it will now be a 100% drop rate if the person qualifies for it. To avoid future confusion, this does not mean everyone in a group will get the scale, there is at most 1 Bile Drenched Scale per kill.
    Thanks for the clarifacation, however, its still a little unclear. Your statement could mean one of 2 things:

#1) Only the lure owner gets the scale and it has a 100% chance to drop.

#2) 1 scale drops each hunt but it could drop for anyone in the party.

I'm hoping you went with the former since the latter would incentivize players to solo the hunt instead of taking people with them. The latter would also mean that the lure owner may not get his scale after being mislead by the patch notes into thinking he would get a guarenteed scale, everyone would still be in the habit of taking people with them so this would happen to a lot of people before news spread.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • trevor#8542 trevor Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    the one who places the lure gets the scale but only if he has never gotten that scale on that toon.
  • misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 193 Arc User
    I had two people in my party getting the scale the other day, none of them placed the lure

• trevor#8542 trevor Member Posts: 119 Arc User

I had two people in my party getting the scale the other day, none of them placed the lure

Could it be that they just didnt realize that they had it from when they gave it out with the first fix were everyone got one and though they got it from the current hunt?
    2mil ad lost next week you are drop chance %100. ill farm again bile scale . :(