test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lich Lore quest in OMU

neidanman#1423 neidanman Member Posts: 82 Arc User
I did the lich lore quest yesterday just before a reset, & went back to farm thayans for another drop after the reset. There was another quest drop still on the ground from the last fight so I took that, but when i tried to use it wouldn't activate. Now I just went to do the quest again today and have spent about 45 mins with do drop, where I normally had the whole thing done in 5-10 min before.

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The quest seems to have a cooldown that locks until the hour changes. During this time, no scroll will drop. If two drop at once, only one cam be in your inventory at one time. After turning the lore in, the second one can be picked up but will be inert until the change of the hour (ex: turn in quest at 8:45 then lockout lifts at 9:00) After the lockout ends, the second scroll can be activated as normal. Basically a Failsafe to enforce the timegating. Not sure if that is what you mean by 'the reset.'

As for no drops today, is the second scroll still in your inventory? Otherwise, it could be RNG or perhaps a bug if you discard a scroll.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • neidanman#1423 neidanman Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Yes to lockout time 'reseting' on the hour, and yeh I discarded the inert scroll once I realised I couldn't use it and went farming for another, thinking that a freshly dropped one would work. Once I realised there wouldn't be another drop either I gave up and left it til the next day.
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    You could have held the second drop and used it when the clock ticked over to a new hour.
    Well yes thats what pit said. Unfortuantely I didnt know that so instead of waiting an hour I dropped it and went farming for another.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    You can have the bundle from the Bhe as well as the thayan drop. That's 4 an hour.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Not a bug. Works as intended IMO and makes Lich Lore farming a bit harder to do.

Tyrant lich lore farming seems like a more valid option if you do not mind occasional rubberbanding.

There was always some sort of a time limit on the Lich Lore quest acceptance.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language

You can have the bundle from the Bhe as well as the thayan drop. That's 4 an hour.

Hmm nice, i did hear of it coming from there but have only done a few and not had any drop yet. I may well start farming for them though I guess.

Not a bug. Works as intended IMO and makes Lich Lore farming a bit harder to do.

Hmm not sure if you read the original comment right but I'm now unable to get any lich lore quests to drop. Are you saying you think that's meant to happen and we're only meant to be able to get a certain number to drop then thats it? It would be strange as none of the other dropped quests work that way.
    update - turns out I had actually received the quest, its just that the screen with quest info didn't pop up. I've now turned it in and drops are coming again now .
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Probably the best time to hunt them is 15 minutes before the 1 hour mark, and then proceed to hunt for another one in the given time.

I never had a chance to see them drop twice during the same hour, unless it was from the group I attacked.

Once I got three of the drop, but I could only take utmost two. The third one was missing when I returned to the spot. Probably has a time limit to remain on the map/instance.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language