test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

no sound when using the sound event

banzaikittenbanzaikitten Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
and yes, the proper sound is selected.
what do i wrong.
2ndly, i have noticed foundry quests with music, AND dancing NPC's ,how do i do it ?

Comments

• melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Can you describe what you are using for the "sound event"? I'm guessing you are adding the sound icon and then selecting "Play when"? In that case what is your trigger for the sound playing? Is the player supposed to interact with something or reach a marker?

Sometimes if you forget to add a specific trigger (I do this all the time) the sound plays at the start of the quest and unless it is a looping sound will not play again.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • banzaikittenbanzaikitten Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    ok, the dancing i found (i should now it) ,and yes, i want a looping music , so ,it needs to be triggered 1st ?
    editing time than.
    -edit-
    Nop, linked to start story marker, no music.
    but when i click the music it self (summer festival dancer) i dont hear it either ,oh wel needs a fix i guess
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    There are also a couple different types of sounds -- some that are ambient/background and others that are "spot" oriented and have a radius. If I recall, the ambient background sounds do not play in the dropdown and have to be attached to the scene or map properties. That's about as close as I can recall, it's been a couple years since I did any sound work my foundries.