test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

SW - Hellbringer vs. Soulbinder

rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
The new mod made me to re-evaluate my chars in search for what will be my main now - from ex SW perspective I consider it good thing.
But as I brought my SW back to life, I started to wonder... What should be the benefit of taking Soulbinder paragon path now?

The Pillar of Power now gives part of the bonus to the party regardless of feats, so it is simply without question the best power to use in group play. Soul binder has... nothing of that kind.
Otherwise - for end game - I even consider the HB class features as much better choice.

SB has... Soul Scorch? My favourite power - but you know, it has curse consume (major blunder for fury/temp, as cursing something with Warlock curse in real life is no easy task, especially if you try to execute: curse, SS, curse, SS,... (I even think giving SS lets say 0,5s cooldown would make it more usable from this point of view.)
Oh, and he has Immolation Spirits... I like those - but don't know why. :smile:

Simply put my feel is that the Soulbinder is now way behind in therms of performance. Does anyone see it differently?

And off topic question as after those years I am too lazy to test TT anymore: Does TT now share the same bonuses as Warlock curse? I mean: Does it offer the 20% dmg party bonus for templocks/curse consume bonus in general?