test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

First experience with Random queue

jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
Yeah unlike all the hardcore types i have not bothered with the random queue feature till now and i have to say my first experience is alot less then positive.

So first epic dungeon random queue i get Malabogs castle i am thinking ahh a simple classic we can knock this one out in 15 minutes now that we don't have to sit through the cutscenes. Everyone loads in one fella leaves the match straight away no skin off my nose we can take this sucker on with 4 no real issue everyone has done this queue before. 20 minutes later we have still no gotten to the throne room these "players" are fighting like noobs they are running in directions that make no sense they are completly ignoring the siege towers and even running past them like they don't know what they are after we had destroyed every single thing in the first area even the ones that do not need killing to go forward we got into the castle and barely gone more then half way to the throne room. All of the "players" were 10K gear plus some had the fancy new weapons but all of them seemed to have no clue what the hell they were doing in this old queue.

Just maybe i had the most astrological bad luck with high end players who had never ever played that queue before but that is unlikely to put it politely.

Please tell me i am absolutly insane and that this has never happened to anyone else ever.

Comments

• Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    What is your item level please?

And I would think that 4 iL 10ks would probably take a while to do Malabog? [I cant really remember it but if its the epic one I seem to remember its not that easy unless you have a decent squad with you]

On topic yes I have had terrible runs in RED to the point that I dont bother with them. In one CN we got to the final boss after about 25 minutes then we just didnt have enough DPS to take it down before it wiped the Tank and then the rest of the party.
  • Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    So I'm curious @jade1280, you didn't mention it but did you ever try to communicate with the other party members and give them some advice since it appears by your post you are more than familiar with Malabogs castle?

You say other players were "fighting like noobs", perhaps they were noobs and you were in a position to educate them on a better technique for running that epic content - did you try?

I remember my first dragon run in stronghold, I was fortunate enough to have some players with prior experience willing to explain some of the finer points before we were neck deep in it. Yeah it took a little more time but as it turned out not as much as I suspect it would have if those of us who had never done it before went in not knowing what to do.

And the next dragon run went much quicker and more smoothly because everyone knew what to do.

This may not apply to you but dungeon runs, epics and skirmishes have appeared to turn into little more than what some players think should be a quick and easy way to farm astral diamonds.

Some players seem to have the knowledge and experience to effectively navigate the content, but also appear to be in such a hurry to run the content – get their AD’s and repeat the process, they are reluctant to share their knowledge and experience with other players who appear to need it… which is supposedly one of the reasons the game went to random queues in the first place. So more experienced players would be able to pass on their knowledge and experience, as I suspect more experienced players did for them in the beginning.
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    This ^ is a very valid point. There are dungeons I have only run once or maybe twice and been shouted at for being a noob, and I say "yes I have only done this a couple of times" - sometimes someone explains a particular tactic or mechanic, but often times I just get shouted at :neutral:
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    Yes, it needs communication. I PUG ToDG recently. It appeared these players kind of knew the mechanic and knew to shoot the gate fast and accurate. Cleaned up the mob nicely. However, the problem was they shot the gate. We were in the different version of ToDG. They needed to shoot the bubble. After I typed 'shoot the bubble, not the gates' 3 times', they finally got it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***