test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

SH boon buildings

minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
Have been in a discussion with @kreatyve about the closed AoC thread, and I don't want to turn this into a discussion on AoC, but some explanation is necessary to understand our issue.

I would like to make a suggestion which would solve a problem our guild has had due to the dodgy tooltip on AoC. The background to this is that the tooltip looks like the extra damage is dependent on the paladin's hits, in fact it depends on the hits of the character buffed. This means almost any top tier DPS will want the HP boon available in their guild as it will add 7%+ to their damage.

Many months ago, we had a decision to make when at GH17 we chose our final boon building. The choice was basically HP or LS. We were aware of AoC and our paladins lobbied for HP, SWs and some others lobbied for LS, and when the votes were counted LS won. NOBODY was aware the tooltip didn't mean what it said.

Now we have the choice of knocking down a R10 temple to build the wizard's workshop and getting nothing back for it, or staying as we are.

Of course as soon as we knock it down, it will be announced max guild rank is going to 25 and we'll get a 5th boon building slot, and we'll have used all our mats rebuilding.

It seems common sense that if you knock down a large (medieval type) building you will get a load of reusable building materials. (My dad's cottage was built from stone/wood that came out of a castle that was demolished a couple of miles away in the 1600s). Why not give a substantial reduction in materials to the cost of a new building built on the site of a demolished one, till it reaches the same level as the old one ?

Some care would need to be taken that the reduction was large enough to be useful but not so large that if you wanted a barracks, you built something else first to avoid needing the PvP shards, although this would mean forgoing the power boon for a long time so may not be an issue. I'd recommend something like a 2/3 reduction.