test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for advice to upgrade my ac dc.

jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
edited February 2018 in The Temple
So, today my dc has offficialy stopped being my pack mule and I have lots of questions so hopefully you guys can help me out :) I have started gearing up my dc and would like to know which cloack will give me more ap gain, if Tiamat's or Company Assault Belt (I'd guess the former is better)

I will race reroll my character and probably will get CHA as high as possible (25 without campfire bonus nor artifact gear?)

Is there any significant difference between Tiamat's Clock and Company Assault necklace? I'd guess the former is better as I'm quite undegeared at the moment (~10k il, ~24k base power, ~11k base recovery) but I may be wrong, I will focus on upgrading that character so it becomes pretty good.

Extra questions:

Should I go with a dancing shield or a con artist as summoned companion?

Am I supposed to stack silvery or cruel enchabtments on my bonding companion?

How much recovery should I get post bonding procs?

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by jaime4312#3760 on

Comments

• jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    IMO
    1. CHA is useless, you can get tons of recovery with insignia bonus easily,
    2. Ignore any investment on artifact gear, new gears are coming next week. DC can equip any artifact cloak, the difference is minimal.
    3. New BIS companion is coming, the chultan tiger from zen market has a debuff skill and a damage boost active bonus,
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Next mod has AP gain cloaks with 1400 power, 889 Defense and Lifesteal which will be best for AC. There are a number of belts with 1400 power and Wis/Cha bonus. Even though IIRC you are on Console, there isn't a good reason to worry about what neck/waist set to worry with. Wisdom belt and AP gain cloak with power (Imperial is very cheap on PC) will carry you through until your platform gets the goodies.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    There is no reason to use Cruels on bonding pet. Power from Companions Gift doesn't share. Crit and Recovery are your GoTo stats, which is why Con Artist with 3 rings is best* because IG neglects the Recovery stat.

*Ok, I hate this guy's audio and run Sellsword.

ETA you need enough recovery+AP gain to spam AA as quickly as possible to constantly proc Hastening Light and Shepherd's Devotion as well as of course the benefits of the Daily. With an Sprite or two, AP and Recovery boons and Quick Action, you should be ok. A bit on the gear (but go for Power as primary stat) and pet are good for a safety net. It is the DO that needs more Recovery.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    pitshade said:

There is no reason to use Cruels on bonding pet. Power from Companions Gift doesn't share. Crit and Recovery are your GoTo stats, which is why Con Artist with 3 rings is best* because IG neglects the Recovery stat.

*Ok, I hate this guy's audio and run Sellsword.

ETA you need enough recovery+AP gain to spam AA as quickly as possible to constantly proc Hastening Light and Shepherd's Devotion as well as of course the benefits of the Daily. With an Sprite or two, AP and Recovery boons and Quick Action, you should be ok. A bit on the gear (but go for Power as primary stat) and pet are good for a safety net. It is the DO that needs more Recovery.

There are many powersharing AC DC out there already that lack any true ability to play as a AC DC build.

For the OP, get the cheapest belt that has Wisdom, Power, Crit and Recovery. As for the neck, same idea, get the cheapest on you can find.

Artifacts are critical in building your DC. I recommend the sigil of the controller as it offers power and crit. Another good artifact to get is the Eye of the Giant, Tiamat Orb and Sigil of the Hunter or Symbol of Air. Those artifacts will work with either build AC or DO.

I built my DC to play both builds. Standing still I'm around 48% crit with bonding around 60%, around 40k base power (not counting legendary companions) hit over 215k in groups, 14K recovery around 20K with bondings, RI is around 20% but with bonding I hit 84.5%.

I do well with both builds and have no issues keeping AA up as an AC. I typically run as a DO though.

I'm planning to change a few things on my DC. Moving from Radiants over to Black Ice for my offensive stats. Powersharing is over rated in this game. The loss will be around 900 going from Radiants 12 to Black Ice 13, which is not that big of a loss to a DPS. I will gain Crit for my DO build and my AC build will have more recovery.

The other change is the enchantments on my companion. I'm moving from what I have now over to Gigantics for additional critical chance. This will provide over 3K additional critical chance on my companion and that will almost give me around 6K more critical chance on my character. My recovery and RI that I listed above will not change as I will be going from R12 to R13 enchantments as well.

My character will gain critical chance and lose a bit in power with no change in RI or Recovery. My DC critical chance will definitely be closer to where I want it. When I move my enchantments up to R14, my power will go back to what it is today and I will gain even more critical chance on my DC.

If you go pure DPS DC, go for the Orcus set, nothing beats that for being a DPS, and STR improves a DC critical chance.

AC DC imo is overrated. I personally rather take a OP Healer over an AC DC or even a Templock. Healadin power sharing is more constant and range is much better than that of a AC DC. Once Templocks are updated, they will be in a similar boat to the Healadin and will even offer damage % bonus on top of power sharing. Definitely a buff build to consider once updated over an AC DC build.