test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unlocking Omu for alts?

utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
In Mod 12, there was an alt friendly feature that allowed you to complete the Chult campaign on one char and that would unlock TONG for all characters on same account. Based on preview, those other chars now have to complete the mod 12 campaign before they can start the mod 13 campaign. I just want to confirm this before I go and work on all my alts now. Anyone know for certain this will be the case when mod 13 launches?
Post edited by utookmynick on

Comments

• Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I would assume only the Cradle of the Death God would unlock for your alts once you completed/unlocked it on one of your characters. Same way it did for Tomb of the Nine Gods.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    They only have to complete the mod 12 campaign because of the way the campaign progress is set up, as basically a continuation of Chult.
  • Options
    noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer

In Mod 12, there was an alt friendly feature that allowed you to complete the Chult campaign on one char and that would unlock TONG for all characters on same account. Based on preview, those other chars now have to complete the mod 12 campaign before they can start the mod 13 campaign. I just want to confirm this before I go and work on all my alts now. Anyone know for certain this will be the case when mod 13 launches?

Yes, a character will require completing the existing M12 Jungles of Chult campaign to access the new Omu section. As we did with previous dungeons, unlocking Cradle of the Death God will grant access to that trial to the other characters on the account.
  • Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

Yes, a character will require completing the existing M12 Jungles of Chult campaign to access the new Omu section. As we did with previous dungeons, unlocking Cradle of the Death God will grant access to that trial to the other characters on the account.
    Doesn't that kind make Omu actually M12c?
  • Options
    utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User

Thanks for the confirmation and it makes sense that a character needs to complete the mod 12 story to progress. Already working on getting alts caught up.