test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Yes, Another Weapon Enchant thread

chimeraxchimerax Member Posts: 204 Arc User
Okay I am a 15.5k SW, been playing since release and I use a Rank 12 Vopal. My question is, I have always gone by HB=Vorpal SB=Dread, but I have been hearing that Feytouched is now BIS. I heard that Feytouched is getting nerfed some, and that SB SWs were getting more that they should in Dmg. So is Feytouched BIS now or not ?

Comments

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Currently fey is bis ....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    chimerax said:

I heard that Feytouched is getting nerfed some

Please show me video evidence, pictures, or dev quotes that indicate Feytouched is getting nerfed.

I have not seen or read anything by the devs that indicates that they plan to nerf Feytouched.
    These are merely rumors caused by either misinformation or by people wanting to lower the price of things.

Other than that, Feytouched might be better for HB due to HB mixing in some at-wills with their encounters. I have not seen an ACT of a Mod13 SW's DPS, so I can't say for certain how far behind a Vorpal is behind Feytouched.

Dread is probably BiS for SB due to SB being encounter spam forever. Dread may also be good for Templocks for the debuff and added chip damage through their abilities.

• jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    @chimerax @rjc9000

Probably the main reason feytouched is so suggested for SB is the fact it takes away a lot of player input, you end up almost forgetting SB has the soulsparks mechanic as you get so many, most the time you're using SS only.

I have both dread and feytouched (will get them to rank 13, dread will help the GF for GW damage and will be used with my SW as SB) and with the latter I barely do a fraction of the effort I do with the former to dps, not sure about damage (I'd say dread as SS is the main source of damage, AoC is a joke with SW compared to CW's so buffing it with fey may not do much and no encounter comes close to SS in overall dps as far as I remember from ACT logs shared by fellow SWs) but ease of use goes to feytouched which is why I usually refrain from using it as SB, I dislike how it makes it easy mode.

I'd say:

Max damage with SS:

Dread. Actually having to try to play well plus lacking the fire and forget encounter Hadar's Grasp for sparks generation means you are more vulnerable to cc and other mechanics as if being affected by them you will take longer to recover than if using Fey and that can result in a large dps loss. On top of that, unlike Hadar's Grasp, using BoVA doesn't guarantee you will get soulsparks, if you get stunned/dazed while the power is active, it will stop working so you get no sparks.

Dread would therefore be a "much higher risk slightly better reward" enchantment, if you play flawlessly your dps will be a bit better and if you mess up it will go down by quite a bit.

Ease of playing:

Feytoyched at least at trans, easy mode.
  • chimeraxchimerax Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    Thank you for the info.
  • kekebo#7710 kekebo Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    I've seen this thread today and decided to use the opportunity and post my question regarding weapon enchants.

I am playing on ps4 so it is really difficult to test things and I need some advice and info from the pc players, especially because I am not an expert about how things work exactly in this game. I am playing a templock and right now I am using a vorpal. With the upcoming mod13 I was thinking to change it for an enchantment which gives also a benefit for my allies and being more for a support build.

Regarding a Dread enchantment, which was mentioned rjc9000 before. The debuff is just single-target or multi-target? As encounters I would use of course pillar, dreadtheft and the 3rd one depending on situation. At-wills I am using now hellish rebuke and dark spiral aura, but mainly for the Ap gain. Brood and TC as dailies. Could the dread be an option?

I have read in the warlock feedback thread (page 21) that plague fire seems to proc more often now, at least with BoVA (this was in the first mod13 build on the preview server). Is it still the case or it changed? If it is the case this would force me to use BoVA as a 3rd encounter. The other doubt I have if I can keep up the stacks of plague fire.

I am missing something? Again I am not an expert.

For advice thanks a lot in advance!

Ps.: I know there is still a lot of time until release of mod13 on ps4, but I like to plan ahead :)
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    > @chimerax said:
    > Thank you for the info.

You are welcome!
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    I been testing (Dread and Fey), so far and as someone mentioned, I have already leaned towards dread for PvE(Upgraded mine to unparalell, yesterday). I been parsing and I am getting a different set of damage numbers than what that CW BIS sheet was stating (I am getting higher damage numbers with the Dread over the Fey). I have to say though, I do have a lower IL at 15.8 and haven't hit the 100% crit yet (Crit severity is over 100% though).

I'm still testing though and will update as gear and boons get a bit higher.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • patcherrkmpatcherrkm Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    You're a scrublock. :)
    -Sleek Pepper
  • darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    hello i see sw with Fey with exelent dps and currently i see fews dps in general use vorpal seems like fey its btter than vorpal or just casualty and the bonus damage of fey drop from target scale with you power ? i hear fey thinking nerf its true ?
    Fey was suppose to get a nerf 2 years ago and it still hasn't happened and probably won't. Just keep that on your person man and when they realize they need people to bust open their wallets to buy more AD on things, they will put in another enchant or buff one of the current useless ones.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • duckntrollduckntroll Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2018

I've seen this thread today and decided to use the opportunity and post my question regarding weapon enchants.

I am playing on ps4 so it is really difficult to test things and I need some advice and info from the pc players, especially because I am not an expert about how things work exactly in this game. I am playing a templock and right now I am using a vorpal. With the upcoming mod13 I was thinking to change it for an enchantment which gives also a benefit for my allies and being more for a support build.

Regarding a Dread enchantment, which was mentioned rjc9000 before. The debuff is just single-target or multi-target? As encounters I would use of course pillar, dreadtheft and the 3rd one depending on situation. At-wills I am using now hellish rebuke and dark spiral aura, but mainly for the Ap gain. Brood and TC as dailies. Could the dread be an option?

I have read in the warlock feedback thread (page 21) that plague fire seems to proc more often now, at least with BoVA (this was in the first mod13 build on the preview server). Is it still the case or it changed? If it is the case this would force me to use BoVA as a 3rd encounter. The other doubt I have if I can keep up the stacks of plague fire.

I am missing something? Again I am not an expert.

For advice thanks a lot in advance!

Ps.: I know there is still a lot of time until release of mod13 on ps4, but I like to plan ahead :)

There are mutliple problem mixed together here about Temptation build-ing
    • Buffing/debuffing mechanics and limits
      • Resistance Ignored --> Up to your 100% DPS = Negating foes defence
      • Capped buff/debuff --> Limited to 200%
      • Uncapped buff/debuff --> Not limited
      • Mitigated buff/debuff --> The buff/debuff efficiency is reduced by Level73 foes (it's *0.75 so it loose 25%)
      • See the list of all buff/debuff for mod11 ( I know it's not up to date, but it's still a good start ... )
      • (Same list for damage reduction)
    • Usual uses of Weapon Enchantment: As those don't stack (some exception/bug for distinct level of the same WE) they must be allocated between team members
      • Dread, Fey and Vorpal are generally used by DPS
      • Frost is generally used by OP (as OP have problems to keep Plague-Fire bonuses all up)
      • Plague-Fire will logically go to spamming Templock
        • To ease spamming, you can get more recorvery
        • Then use fast powers: low cool-down AND low casting time (At-wills) (Fiery Bolt, Curse Bite, Blades of Vanquished Armies, Arms of Hadar, Infernal Shperes, Wraith's Shadow, ...)
    • Use of encounters for buffing/debuffing
      • Team buffing
        • Pillar of Power
        • Dreadtheft
      • Self buffing
        • Hadar Grasp
        • With darkness feat ( +10% for 10sec on each damaged foes, I don't know if it's Capped or Mitigated ... )
          • Blades of Vanquished Armies
          • Harrowstorm

gomok72 said:

the 100% crit yet (Crit severity is over 100% though).

The Critical Severity (and other stats) impact the optimal DPS ratio between Power and Critical.
    See Janne theorycrafting pages.
    For roughtly ~20.000 total stats (power+critical)
    • 100% crit severity -> 70% power / 30% critical
    • 125% crit severity -> 50% power / 50% critical
    • 175% crit severity -> 30% power / 70% critical
    Note that upon reaching the 100% critical chance, make all addition critical stats waisted.

To calculate your path to 100%
    • 1% of critical chance = 0.0000250128 * critical stat
    • Don't forget to add the base critical chance of 5%
    • And your critical chance comming from your dice roll (FOR/CON/INT/CHA/...)
    Post edited by duckntroll on
  • zekehubriszekehubris Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    BoVA is certainly quite a good way to spread Plaguefire.
    edited March 2018
    @ Duckntroll troll, so as the crit severity goes up, the damage benefit goes down?

-Kymos
  • merhunesdagon1merhunesdagon1 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    If i remember, sharpedge did a video on youtube with Novadbz about the CW nerfs. In it he never mentioned any feytouched nerf, but as i remember stated that lightning was getting a nerf and that feytouch would be the go to for dps toons. If u wanna see the vid, Nova has on his channel so u can see what sharp was saying yourself about enchants..
  • merhunesdagon1merhunesdagon1 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    gomok72 said:

@ Duckntroll troll, so as the crit severity goes up, the damage benefit goes down?

Diminishing returns as in the more u stack the less beneficial it is to your build. its like this...going beyond 100% crit chance is useless, as u will be already critting 100% of the time...
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2018

BoVA is certainly quite a good way to spread Plaguefire.

Dreadtheft too, as far as I remember, stacks 3 times that debuff, so Templock with plaguefire is pretty solid in debuffing
    gomok72 said:

Fey is more effective concerning added crit severity from pots, buffood, companions etc., since you do not get that much deminished in return.
    If you take that graf called "Both Critical Strike and Combat Advantage", you can see the disadvantage of vorp vs Fey at high critseverity+ Combat advantage (arround 40% mostly). The sum of both is calculated.
    Imho, the damagedifference Fey vs Vorp is not that huge, except Soulbinder that synergizes far better with Fey due to those spark generation from HG.
    But if you argue about Fey >Vorp, i would say Dread > Fey on a Soulbinder at boss 1 and 2 in tong, using BoVA.
    Now some will say: "Fey buffs Aura of courage", but I really do think that Dread beats that Fey at static fights, unpotted it´s about a 30% dps increase on a Soulbinder in case you can chain your SoulScorch like Fey-user do.
    On a Hellbringer you will not feel the difference that much between vorp/fey (if at all), a 100% critbuild provided, on a non critbuild Vorp is useless anyway.

http://jannenw.info/pages/mechanics/cs
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • kekebo#7710 kekebo Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    @duckntroll
    Thanks a lot for all this information, that was pretty usefull! Also thanks to the others.

After all these comments I will give plague fire a shot in next mod. I will see and try which powers suits me best to proc apart from Dreadtheft. But in general I would have no problem using Bova (used it a lot before the obc nerf).

• duckntrollduckntroll Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    gomok72 said:

@Duckntroll, so as the crit severity goes up, the damage benefit goes down?

As Critical Severity goes up the optimal ratio of power/critical goes for critical over power.

Diverting from the optimal ratio provide less benefits.
    The "loss" is increased the higher your total statistic (for 20.000 total stats / 40.000 total stats).
    • 10 points of offset is ~.3%/1% less from the optimal ratio (like 60/40 from 50/50)
    • 20 points of offset is ~1% /4% less from the optimal ratio (like 70/30 from 50/50)
    • 30 points of offset is ~3% /9% less from the optimal ratio (like 80/20 from 50/50)
    I've edited my previous message to add a remark about the 100% critical chance limit mentioned by @merhunesdagon1.

@kekebo#7710 ;)

@schietindebux could you not answer in MY place?