test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

End game content improvements

Hello all,

I am getting more and more frustrated with this game. The reason is that it could be so great, if more money and time was invested into it.

My main issue is the lack of end game content.

Right now you can run Tomb of the Nine Gods, and that is basically it. I am a former WoW player, and is probably a little bias because of it, but their way of doing it seemed so great. You had a major raid instance in each mod. Each containing multiple boss encounters, and each with their own mechanics. Several of the fights had more phases of the fight, which it made for very challenging but also very exhilarating encounters.

Each boss, when killed, dropped loot. They had a specific loot table for each boss, and a certain % chance for each piece to drop. I.E. a boss dies, and on his table he can drop 1 two-handed weapon, 2 one handed, 2 armor pieces, and a token for a tier gear. He then drops 2 "normal" items and 2 tokens which is class specific. Kind of like how our shirts and pants works. Warlocks Hunters and Rogues share one, and so on. The classes eligible for the dropped loot, then rolled on it between each other.

All raids were locked once you started doing them. So lets say you start an alliance run on the first day of the week. Your progress with that team is then saved and locked to the instance for the following week. This would mean that when you kill say boss 1 and 2 during the first day, you can then call it quits for that day, and return the day after, picking up where you left it.

You can't run the same raid the same week with another team.

But this, along with the loot distribution, ensured that people kept having something to do and something to gain. You rarely saw people with BiS gear until you were close to the next expansion.

I know most devs. probably don't like to "borrow" from WoW, and I am not saying that WoW was flawless. It had limitation as well. But they also got a lot of things right. So why not reuse the good stuff?

I am not asking for the world here. Just some end content with a little substance.

Comments

• Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    While I agree that more end game content is needed, I don't think there needs to be any ripping off of another games format to make it happen. I've never played WoW so I'm not going to say what's better or worse obviously. But I don't think any company needs to get the "this rocked in this game so add it to yours" feedback. If I wanted a WoW format I would play WoW.

Just add more content. I mean, we wait a long time and then it's grind campaign quests, unlock one dungeon, rinse, repeat. So yes, more stuff please. However you make it happen just add more.
  • Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User

I am a former WoW player

Kind of figured that almost immediately (LoL)

I am getting more and more frustrated with this game. The reason is that it could be so great, if more money and time was invested into it.

Where would this money come from?

WoW is a paid subscription MMO meaning that essentially each players pays a subscription to play the game. If the current subscription base is at least 1kk (million) then that is around 15kk a month, minus operating expenses (personally estimated at 300k/day, up from 137k/day back in 2011). Which leaves around 65kk.

Everyone that plays Neverwinter doesn't spend money (though can eventually get Zen market items via Ad conversion).

Pay-to-play models are different than free-to-play models.
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • Options
    ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    -w- There was legendary Dungeons brought up so keep that in mind n’ shush up.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

-w- There was legendary Dungeons brought up so keep that in mind n’ shush up.

be vewy, vewy qwiet! I'm hunting dwagons!