test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Overload Slots

Am I the only one that feels the overload slots are worthless ? I rarely have anything slotted in them as they just run out.

Comments

• Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    If you use greater BI, they last 8 hours game time which is several days and sometimes a week for me. As a DC, Greater Corrupt Black Ice overloads are a calculated part of my AP gain and I would not run without them. 20% AP gain(1.25 % per sec for 8 secs on each) over 8 secs is worth it alone, add the 800 power and Crit or 1600 power and it really is justified. For some characters running 2 purified, 11000 Temp hits points every 8 secs or so can be useful. The fact that I can craft them for free basically (BI crafting or slight cost in Campaign window), and a tier 3 results doubles the number (I have a forgehammer) makes them a very good value and easy to maintain a supply.

There are a couple of the Dragon glyphs I will use if I have them as I find the Greaters useful, but the lessers of limited value. But since I always seem to gather several during seige events, I still use the lessers at times, usually on alts for a small bonus.

That said, these are the only ones I really use. The rest I find not really worth the effort, except maybe Dragon ones during DF. If I have one I'll use it to free the inv space, but do not seek to get more.
  • Options
    spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Do overload procs from pet get transferred through bondings? I have 2 +5 rings from IG and a couple of frosted glyphs. Wondering if it could be situationally useful...
  • Options
    thegravelnome#9466 thegravelnome Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    Does anybody know if it's worth it to use overloads on your companion gear? you can bankrupt yourself trying to maintain a full set between your own slots and 3 in a companion.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    I used to use Giant in FBI and Elemental through Kabal in Mspc. We havent found a good one for tong.

I dont bother with them on my companion
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    The overload is useful, especially the guild ones you buy with guild marks. They can increase your damage in and decrease the damage you receive. FBI -giants for instance as Raven pointed out.

If you are planning specific dungeon runs get the Overload from your guild and content becomes a bit easier and runs are a bit faster.

Overloads do have a place but are not as valuable as a regular enchantments.

If you want an hour to last for hours than as @zephyriah stated, use the black ice overloads as they can last up to 8 hours of combat.
  • Options
    azazel#6882 azazel Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    I never leave home without them, I keep most of the guild overloads in my inventory and switch them based on my situation. I like the frosted smiting glyphs too for a little extra dps but they cost too much campaign currency and I stopped running Somi after i got my weapons. I agree the corrupt black ice is pretty good but the are quite expensive on the AH last I looked. To me every little bit helps but I understand a lot of people don't use them just like potions
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

I never leave home without them, I keep most of the guild overloads in my inventory and switch them based on my situation. I like the frosted smiting glyphs too for a little extra dps but they cost too much campaign currency and I stopped running Somi after i got my weapons. I agree the corrupt black ice is pretty good but the are quite expensive on the AH last I looked. To me every little bit helps but I understand a lot of people don't use them just like potions

Yup...Every little bit can help.