test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New lockbox content and TO9G bugs

So a new lockbox hit us, and its worse than ever.

Before we have had either a fashion pack or mount pack which contained the worst pull. But that was okay, because it was just 1 box. Now, after the refinement changes, we also have the Lost artifact bag. Now, correct me if I am wrong, before we had either 1 of 2 pieces of purple artifact equipment or a gmop / smop. And also cubes of augmentations, and various resonance stones. We also got Greater marks of various sort. But we never, NEVER! had green or blue marks of power, union or stability before. But now, because its "enchanting stones", uhh. Now we can get one of those bags, and have 2 green and 2 blue enchanting stones. And that's it! That is the content for a bag you get by having purchased VIP. Do they want us to leave the game and go elsewhere??? It sure starts to feel like it...

Then we have various glitches in TO9G. Worst one I have encountered is after killing the last boss, it glitches out. You don't get the chests, and have to redo the boss fight again... I mean, it's not like it was a picnic killing him once, now you have the joy of doing it again. You have to kill yourself and end up at the campfire, and redo the fight.

Comments

• jrdiiorio#8134 jrdiiorio Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    I rather enjoy the new content in the new lockboxes. Generally I open 500 boxes at a time and would take 3-4 days to sort and sell it all. The new box being generally all marks or some kind of refinement is posted and sold in less then a day. Sells fast and more profitable then previous ones.
  • undepartedundeparted Member Posts: 88 Arc User

I rather enjoy the new content in the new lockboxes. Generally I open 500 boxes at a time and would take 3-4 days to sort and sell it all. The new box being generally all marks or some kind of refinement is posted and sold in less then a day. Sells fast and more profitable then previous ones.

Hi jrdiiorio, I am happy that you are having luck with the new lockbox. But it doesn't change the fact that we now have 2 pulls out of it over 1 before, which is considered, for the most part, none profitable. Even the strongbox vouchers can be sold for AD.
    But these new changes makes it so we can effectively get 2 green and 2 blue enchanting stones from a daily key. That is the same as 2 lesser green marks of power and 2 blue normal marks for power before 12b. We never had that crappy rewards from a single bag, outside the fashion bag. But even back then it was still only 1 bag that contained "HAMSTER loot".

I am sorry, but this is just taking the p... on us again.
  • shinytepigshinytepig Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    I agree with op, but from a business stand point it seems Cryptic (and co.) want/need more money in order to give us more content and/or better servers, i'm not saying it is right of them to do this to us, but as long as they put the money people are spending on zen goes towards the Neverwinter I'm ok with it, that being said, I also think they want to increase our play time so they can brag/advertise their game to increase the population of the game which in turn means more people might spend money on the game.
    still sucks though.
    Maybe I was born with it or maybe I'm a frozen banana.... bad joke, I think so >:D mwahahaha
  • yiazzyyiazzy Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Uhh....I mean, you're welcome to run dread ring lairs over and over and over for those green/blue marks if you'd rather?

I mean, the same mount pack as last time is clearly the problem with this lockbox.
  • sgaddis13#3703 sgaddis13 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    yiazzy said:

Uhh....I mean, you're welcome to run dread ring lairs over and over and over for those green/blue marks if you'd rather?

I mean, the same mount pack as last time is clearly the problem with this lockbox.

Worst. Mount pack. Ever.
  • foofighter592foofighter592 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Well the one good thing about the mount pack is that the chult leopards are really cheap on the AH, so I’ve been buying them and giving them to my lower rank guild members so they can keep up during influence runs.

But yeah, for my personal needs I would have liked to see a different mount pack.
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    I've stuck with the glorious resurgence lockbox. While Legendary Mount has eluded me. This morning I did manage to pull my third Epic Mount Pack. I really want that Swift Golden Lion. Just can't afford that 6 mil price tag.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I thought legendary packs were down to 4.5 mil...buy buy buy! I don't care for the new box either, but I don't open more than my one a day anymore, my RNGesus seems to be on vacation.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • ebriel127ebriel127 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    I have a lot of Glorious lock boxes left so I’ve started opening those again instead of the new one.
  • sengir0#3465 sengir0 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    there's really no point in opening the new box. most of the stuffs can be found in glorious. Now if I only stop getting that companion and mount pack :neutral:
  • yiazzyyiazzy Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    The mount pack does seem to be awfully common.

But I will say this. The odds of getting an admin drop from a lockbox that isn't Glorious Resurgence seems to be much higher. I've only ever had 19 admins, and GR boxes are my most opened. But I've only had 4 GR admins. This is in a year. Could be speculative, could be coincidence, worth looking into though
  • xalorusxalorus Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Surprised this game is still around. I haven’t been on in over a year. Still have friends who play (seriously get off this train). Figured I would read up on it. Sounds like they are still rewashing content for a money pull. I figured one day they would actually understand by making the game more enjoyable (with drops, lockbox chances.....some people have better luck than others and it’s not their fault, professions) they would actually bring in a larger pool of players will to drop that all important dollar. (I mean it’s not like any of their players understand the business world right
    Post edited by xalorus on
  • undepartedundeparted Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    xalorus said:

Surprised this game is still around. I haven’t been on in over a year. Still have friends who play (seriously get off this train). Figured I would read up on it. Sounds like they are still rewashing content for a money pull. I figured one day they would actually understand by making the game more enjoyable (with drops, lockbox chances.....some people have better luck than others and it’s not their fault, professions) they would actually bring in a larger pool of players will to drop that all important dollar. (I mean it’s not like any of their players understand the business world right...

Your right, and we definitely need better endgame content. The problem is lack of these types of games on Xbox. At the moment I am just waiting for Tera and Black Desert to be released later this year.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    On the subject of that poxy Jungle Cat Mount pack...
    I got fed up of getting two blue insignia every other day for the best part of the last six weeks so this morning though, "stuff it... I've got some Glorious Resurgence boxes, I'll use one of them."

Imagine my delight when I dropped a... Jungle Cat Mount Pack.

I know, my fault for not checking, but I though the whole point of GR boxes was that it contained stuff that wan't in the current module?

(and yes... I got two blue insignia...)