test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Illusionist Gambit and the new random Q

2»

Comments

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Normal/epic demo gold is so easy now, you just have to zerg the purple portals. Heck, you only need two or three good players to do it. But if the instance is full of fools who continue to open every green/blue portal in sight after telling them otherwise, causing you not to get gold, then I leave the run because I am sure these fools would be aiming Goristo into the black portal in the next phase.

Point is, people will leave runs rather than put up with aggravation for all sorts of reasons - hulk smashers, green/blue portal openers, gold runners, etc.

While the gold reward may be worthwhile to people gearing up, it is of zero value to people who don't need it or want it. I've come across some low geared toons who rather spend their time grind boons than gold runs. PvE is cooperative. It's hard for some people to cooperate when they feel like they got railroaded into spending extra time for nothing. Of course, one benefit of a pre-made group is it comes with five cooperating players.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Yes, one run last weekend. People were opening a bunch of greens and blues and couldn't clear the mobs fast enough. That delayed additional portals from spawning. And all the trash mobs impeded the three people who were zerging the purples. All it takes a few swipes from trash mobs. If you don't go down, then you've lost your dailies/encounters/at-wills and have to run back to the sanity well. Which, of course, is overrun by trash mobs. Gold is so easy it takes a group of mostly inept people to botch it.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    edited March 2018

ig gold runners look at bronze runners as a troll so stop. it goes both ways. no one has to private q but you do have to accept before you q for a random q that you might get ig and you might get ig gold and that has to temper if you choose to run the random q. because at the end of the day it comes down to YOU not everyone else. either YOU accept that you may end up with ig and you may be there because gold runners qued for it specifically. and you may end up with a gold run. and you are prepared to play it. or seriously don't q for the skirmish. it's not that much ad. you get more ad running tuern over and over again from salvage.

But the issue is that you shouldn't have to "put up with" something that was a stupid idea to begin with.
    Part of the feedback process, (and I assume they invite feedback due to them hosting a Feedback board on the forum) is that players will complain about stuff they don't like.
    If the developers attitude is that "you chose to play the game, so put up with the changes" I'd be disappointed at their attitude to the feedback they invited.

IF Gold rewards were regularly, noticeably, better than bronze, and IF +5 companion gear was better than +4, (whoever dreamed THAT mess up needs have a rethink...) I'm sure more people would continue past bronze.

IG is a fun monster mosh. At first... It quickly becomes stale.
    Boring content needs to be balanced with enticing rewards for people to want to play it.

But since we now have to "put up with" being herded into content we dont particularly want to play thanks to the genius who dreamed up Random Queues, I'm not sure that player enjoyment is a factor in the decision making process.

I never said I was against changes to this q. I'm all for them changing this. I am not pro random q as it stands.

but as it stands NOW.. it really is a matter of personal choice. You are in control of your life and how your time is spent. it's no use being hamstery to other players who want to play differently than you. because YOU have a choice of whether or not you want to be there or not. You know there are chances of getting ques you dont like. and it's going to take time.

Personally, I don't think it's worth the time and effort to run RED que. I do it very very rarely. almost never now that I can run Tong. if I want to run something I que for it in particular. the ad just isn't worth it.

as far as the rewards being noticeably different... they are. yeah if you run it 3 times a week you're not going to notice but if you're farming it's really noticeable. and yeah the plus five sucks but who is trying for that? your chances of getting a plus four are MUCH MUCH higher on gold. you get nothing for bronze. it's really not worth doing.
    So on the only skirmish that genuinely offers a "Personal Choice" of leaving if enough people want to, it's wong to exercise that personal choice?

I run 8 toons a day through the Random mess. Nearly half of the skirmishes I land are IG, (with MOTH second...) thats between 30 and 40 runs a week.
    If I would have to run considerably more than that to find decent gear I'd consider that wasted time.

Since, clearly, many people are running IG for daily RAD rather than the desire to either a) earn a +4 whatever, or b) God help me... for the FUN of it, many people will continue to exercise their Personal choice to tell the Illusionist, when offered the personal choice, to go stuff his Gambit up his flu.

I just wish that more PUGs consisting mainly of 5-6k DPS squishies would have the good sense God gave little chickens and exercise THEIR personal choice more wisely.
    i never said it was wrong to make the choice to vote leave, but it is wrong to afk from that point or whatever to sabotage the run because the majority wanted a gold run. I've been stating all along that the majority is right whether it be to leave or stay. if you got in with a pack of gold runners in a red then that's the way it is. you make that choice when you run red. you might end up with gold runners or you might end up with other bronze runners. people here are basically bashing on the gold runners. there is a reason to run gold. that's why so many red runs end up going for gold. it IS worth it. and those who want bis run it because they need it.
    I did a couple of randoms last night with a guild mate and we ended up in IG.
    We were both over 11k and the other three were all under 9k.
    My mate posted that he and I would be voting leave after bronze.
    We voted leave, the others voted stay.
    So, instead of AFK'ing we let them die and both clicked "Defeat Me".

I fully understand the need to carry and help low level players in leveling RQ, and I strongly advocate it. But I'll be damned if I'll be forced into carrying someone who knows that I don't want to be there.

As to removing it from the Queue, why stop there?
    Player A decides that since Dread Legion has no standard salvage that hey, they should remove that.
    Player B says "Ditto MOTH"
    Player C says, "I'm fed up with never getting gold on Throne cos of Hulk slayers... remove THAT from the queue."
    Player D hates that too many PUGs are undergeared to regularly get Gold on PoM so guess what?

Pretty much everything to do with Random Queues is a steaming mess.
    Gold rewards should not be regarded as a right.

As far as it goes, IG is the ONLY skirmish that guarantees salvage if you make bronze.

If they insist on sticking with Random Queues the content should be streamlined and if that means skipping a New Content Mod to go back over all the dungeons and skirmishes then they should. Because the content as it sits in the RQ system is not fit for purpose.
  • Thanks for your share!
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    edited March 2018

oh come on. ig is not the same as anything else. is there any run where people are saying I voted one way and because you voted another we're going to take our ball and sit here wiht it while you do all the work? 11k vs 9k is not any kind of difference nowhere you can honeslty go omg I'm so much better than them. for real. lol.

It's not as bad as someone DC'ing BEFORE the gate pops on PoM, which happens all too often.
    In that case, you either have to sit and wait for them to time out for kick, or someone has to take a punishment from the game for everyone else to carry on playing.

If you are aware that the person you expect to carry you intends to do nothing of the sort, then you carry on at your own risk.
    Its no different to the dozens of people who quit Throne halfway through because of the numbskulls who don't pay attention when they're repeatedly reminded that killing Hulks HAMSTER the chances of Gold.

P.S, I said "over 11k" since that seems to be the game's new endgame marker, I didn't say by how much it was over. (lol?)
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    IG is the sole reason I've given up on the daily skirmishes. It stinks to lose out on so much AD, but it's just not worth the aggravation.