Install Arc
Options

Foundry Notes from the Lost City of Omu Preview Notes

melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
This!!!!!
terramak said:

Foundry (once it's back up and running)
General

• The Chult intro map, Heart of Darkness, is now available for use in Foundry quests.
  • Port Nyanzaru is now available for use as an instanced map in Foundry quests.
  • Various Chult instances have been added for use in Foundry quests.
  • Various Chult props have been added for use in Foundry quests.
I did ask if we would be able to use Chult enemies as well. I think we should be really appreciative to the devs for working on this. As much as we would prefer it otherwise the foundry doesn't make a lot of money and they get precious little time to work on it, I imagine.

Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
(Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ

Comments

• Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    I am thankful for it. Now I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do with it. I guess I'll have to see what we're specifically given and go from there. I wonder if we'll be filling in assets for the span between Chult and Tyranny of Dragons, because there are so many things I have wanted to do, things just weren't available.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    simplyshawnsimplyshawn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Woo! That's exciting to hear. I know they're doing their best; I think that office plague just set them back too far to get it up before the next module - but that's fine since it'll be worth the wait to have some new assets.
    "Just my thoughts I suppose."

[Work in Progress]
    "The Legacy of Shaylia,"
    NW-DITFP6QSI

• Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    @terramak Since the editor is up on the live server, how do these notes look? Update us when we're able to check out the new stuff.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    melinden said:

... the foundry doesn't make a lot of money and they get precious little time to work on it, I imagine.

100% completely their own fault -- we have detailed NUMEROUS ways of using the Foundry to generate more Zen sales and they don't care.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    While I agree with Eldarth's comment above, Tom Foss stated this in a video interview with Andy long ago. I don't recall his "exact wording" but he basically said, he would love to work on the Foundry, but is not supplied any budget for it. So to make it clear, you wouldn't expect Mr. Foss and his team to work on the project for free? That would be like going to work and doing more than what you are getting paid to do. I don't know many people that put in overtime for free.

We have discussed the options both here on the forums and on Facebook, I wrote some letters and mailed them. I imagine they got tossed in the waste bin and never read, as I got no replies. You can't make the deaf hear or the blind see. I was far too optimistic about results.
    wb-cenders.gif