test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So I guess new BiS weapons are coming. Yay

wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
Mod13 brings new weapon sets with item lvl 500. Like if we ever need them. Which one you guys think will be best for us? I think masterwork III will be best, but I with the tempo they force new weapons/items I will go for the ones with less effort. We already melt the content so I think going fully BiS isn't necessary.

Sigh... Massive mod it will be they said :neutral:

Comments

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Not sure how much enthusiasm I can summon up for new weapons tbh. Especially if they need any special ingredients like the trailblazer weapons in mod 10. Some of the rings look good for ranged archer builds though.
    No idea what my toon is now.
    Having looked at the preview pages, and watched a few videos, I think I'm gonna go for the pilgrim set. The bonus seems to be immediate, and long-lasting, rather than conditional and/or requiring a lot of time to ramp up. Zen store only unfortunately, so save up some Zen. They do come bundled with a new bis summoned pet, and lockbox keys so kinda win/win-ish.
  • darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    hello i have a question abaut new weapons artifact the set corpslayer say every 15 sec increase your damage 1% while stand in combat this meaning in long fights like orcus its good but in pulls its bad ? and other set tecpatl have cooldown ? or always every you healed or hit more of 10% of your max hit points active bonus that increase your damage 10%
    Pretty much yes. A long time though, to get full buff.

The stronghold set looks good too, 10% after a daily. Which means all the time for HRs. However.... price. Plus I need the tiger companion anyway.

I never made/acquired the old SH set, how do you get it anyway..?
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

or always every you healed or hit more of 10% of your max hit points active bonus that increase your damage 10%

Yes.

On the primal set, either option will proc the buff.

Note that heal you recieve doesn't actually need to restore any HP. The set bonus has no ICD, so, in theory you could get a Healadin to exist and keep you topped off on the buff. You could also pray DCs are accurate enough to hit you with DG to keep up the buff.

Lifesteal and the healing boons don't seem to proc the buff.

I don't know if Forest Meditation will proc the buff (I only got a set on my GF), but it worked with the GF's Fighter's Recovery, which is also a healing daily. Perhaps FM will proc the buff?

edited January 2018
    I hate conditional buffs. I just want my weapons to do what they say on the packet. Even my current trailblazer are rubbish, you always dodge, so you always get defence etc...

I'll start with the zenstore weapons, and maybe think about another pair later. Once they've all been tried and tested live. Unless the zenstore weapon packs are auctionable, at which point I'll p rolly auction them. Dunno lol.
  • zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    So it looks like they changed the master work weapons set bonus to be the same as the old ones. That’s disappointing.
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    I am going after the ones bought with Seals of the Brave. I just want the easiest ones to obtain. I really don't feel like grind or real money are worth it. Overall it's the base damage that gives us most DPS.

I will be finally able to upgrade my offhand to legendary, since I just wasn't lucky with msva marks.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I love the new weapons.. primal set kicks patoody
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    I encountered bug with new weapons and now I'm weaponless. I have no offhand.
  • teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    Do tell... how are you without an offhand?
    The Legendary Outlaws
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    I can't decide between primal and pioneer sets.

Primal seems to be the best choice atm. From what I heard it seems to be easily kept working all the time despite not working with lifesteal but I can't help feeling that an internal cooldown will be added sooner or later, probably 30 seconds as usual.

On other hand, 5000 points of unbuffed stats isn't too shabby even if only while in a group.
  • moltanomoltano Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    What's wrong with Pilgrim? I feel like it easily beats out pioneer, at the very least.
    > @moltano said:
    > What's wrong with Pilgrim? I feel like it easily beats out pioneer, at the very least.

1. Stuff that work with entering/leaving combat usually end up being full of bugs

2. If a single add, or any kind of object which may be registered as an enemy, is near you when you start fighting a boss, you'll get the short-lived buff which is pretty much no buff at all.

3. Even it actually worked properly, it would still be unreliable and unpredictable so I'd prefer something I can count on.
    edited March 2018
    1. Maybe, maybe not. Certainly not a rule.
    2. The buff is refreshed once you make a kill, which should be pretty easy to do as a combat HR.
    3. Why is it unreliable and unpredictable? The %bonus will vary from time to time, sure...but you make it sound like its going to break your build if you don't get a certain number from it.

And on the other hand, what do you get with pioneer? An item that gives you 1000 to each stat, out of which only power is good. Any crit and armpen issues you probably have solved by now, additional recovery is just "okay", and defense...well. Oh, and you only get this cutesy bonus if you are in a full group, which makes it pretty much trivial if soloing or shortmanning.

Anyway, testing is surely required, but I personally like the way pilgrim looks on paper.
  • jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    pilgrim is working quiet well at orange
    edited March 2018
    > @moltano said:
    > 1. Maybe, maybe not. Certainly not a rule.
    > 2. The buff is refreshed once you make a kill, which should be pretty easy to do as a combat HR.

Does it actually work that way? Can you refresh the 10 seconds buff into the 60 seconds one? If so, it's better than i thought.

> 3. Why is it unreliable and unpredictable? The %bonus will vary from time to time, sure...but you make it sound like its going to break your build if you don't get a certain number from it.

You're right, picking the wrong weapon set won't break any build. But I'd rather not invest in a weapon set only to find out later that it's not working half of the time.

> And on the other hand, what do you get with pioneer? An item that gives you 1000 to each stat, out of which only power is good. Any crit and armpen issues you probably have solved by now, additional recovery is just "okay", and defense...well. Oh, and you only get this cutesy bonus if you are in a full group, which makes it pretty much trivial if soloing or shortmanning.

Why would 1k in crit and armor pen not be useful? All you have to do is balance your stats, this could turn into another 2000 power. You certainly don't need 85% RI when soloing and you can probably live with 2.5% less crit chance. But I admit that I don't like losing the boost when soloing.
    Post edited by artifleur on
    edited March 2018
    I went for pilgrim, get lots of proc messages on screen and seem to be wrecking everything I come across easily, pve solo/group/pvp. Very happy.
    You know what? I might actually go for a pilgrim set.

I misunderstood how it worked at first.

I don't have the seals for primal and 1500 seals for a set at 400 max a week is a lot of work for the difference while pilgrim is cheap on AH at the moment.

I just wish they could fix the bug that keeps you in combat.
    @teucer#3019

My offhand got BoC on my alt. Weapons suppose be BoA all the time, even if you refine them, and mine is BoC on my GF. Still waiting for response from Support team on this issue. My biggest problem is I changed my mod10 offhand to RP so I can fully refine new weapons :neutral:
    edited March 2018
    Never ever refine anything you want on toon x, on toon y. Unless they are standard enchantments.

Not much help I know, but this game's binding code is crappy.

Side note, with the pilgrim bug, I think just swapping stances calms it down.
    jonkoca said:

Side note, with the pilgrim bug, I think just swapping stances calms it down.

Nope, this does not work for me at all.

Although I can't say that the bug ruined my gaming experience or anything, since everything dies so fast that it's no biggie if you have to kill another group nearby just to stop the thing from going off. Also, i'm pretty confident that this will get fixed pretty soon, due to the sheer number of people having the issue, and like you said, this is a zen store item so it will most likely be prioritized.

Personally, the only thing I don't like about the set is the way it looks. It is downright hideous.
    Yeah its worse for me now too. Seems to be related to some or all of the new omu gears or something.
    I just went after Primal set. It was easiest one to get for me and it works pretty cool. And devs fixed my BoC issue so yay. I can finally play the game :)
  • zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    I went for primal too. So far I like it.