test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stronghold Siege - The PVE edition

shadrakt2shadrakt2 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
I generally avoid PVP like the plague, I was just never into it. Recently I joined a SH siege queue, and realized how much fun this event can be.

One important aspect this game is lacking in is interesting mechanics in group content. I see attempts being made in newer party raids (MSP, Folly), but it's just not enough, and sometimes they're simply a total bust (yeah I'm looking at you, Marauders). You have all the pieces, devs, you just gotta put them together.

SH Siege is full of potential for interesting party strategies. If only I didn't hate PVP so much... A PVE SH Siege would revitalize guild activities, especially if the rewards mattered. With Dragonflight gear being obsolete, nobody does DF anymore. And Marauders is just... well, see above.

PVP fanatics are constantly complaining that PVP is dead in Neverwinter. I don't know anything about that, but if it's true, that means you have all this amazing content sitting there in the limbo collecting dust. Put it to good use!

I'm putting PVE SH Siege on my list for Santa for 2018. A scaling difficulty level would also be lovely, with rewards to match (in fact that would be amazing for all party content. But I'll save that for my 2019 Santa list).

Comments

• Options
    rannxeroxxrannxeroxx Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    The problems I see with PVP in a PVE game is the two do not mix well. My suggestion has been in solo PVE, just allow players to have more than one companion summoned and buff those companions and improve their AI. Why does anyone else care what my solo game looks like? Let me play my role as, say, a healer to my tank and control companions.

But there are a lot of things kinda broken in the class system of this game.
  • Options
    goccvp1goccvp1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    You could always do the SH Siege the way our Alliance does. Set up a private siege event with two groups, where one group is a single person who just sits and watches their guild hall get destroyed. It works, and both teams get the full rewards. It's a win-win for those who don't like PVP.
  • Options
    shadrakt2shadrakt2 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    goccvp1 said:

Set up a private siege event with two groups, where one group is a single person who just sits and watches their guild hall get destroyed. It works, and both teams get the full rewards. It's a win-win for those who don't like PVP.

Yeah, I do that every week. But that is about easy rewards, and I'm talking about fun. :) I actually did a Siege for real since the original post, and it was crazy fun. But good luck trying to find a group to do SH Siege for real. :(