test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Netherese arcanist companion

wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
Hi guys.

Simple question - have anyone tried if Netherese Arcanist active bonus works or is it bugged? It looks like a really good addition to damage and a cheap one I think. I wonder if its active bonus works correct with tooltip or is it one the Crytpic TM tooltips?

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• kleineryoda#3363 kleineryoda Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Hey wizardlvl80, hope that answer isn't too late for you.

So I got a Netherese Arcanist to rare quality on my TR and I unfortunately have to say: it sucks so hard I was thinking about making a bug report for its active bonus.

#1 it's not a 2% bonus to your damage (3% at purple), like the archons give, it is an extra tick of damage, called Active Bonus in ACT. So if you hit for 1000 with the Arcanist slotted you don't do 1020, but still do 1000 and an additional 20. That wouldn't be a problem per se if it wasn't for Neverwinters history of bugged extra procs - they are very prone to double dipping on resistance, or not proccing when there's already procs etc ...

#2 The bonus does not work if the enemy isn't facing you - it's more of a the enemy isn't aware of you. Going into stealth, stabbing an enemy in the back does not proc the bonus, even though the enemy is not facing you. Rooting the enemy in place, running around hitting his back does not proc the bonus either. The enemy has to be fully unaware of you, or aggro someone else - so unless you have a defender companion it barely ever works when playing solo.

#3 It doesn't work with proc based weapon enchantments (or it buggs with feytouched at least, I haven't tested any others). Basically when you hit an enemy, proccing any weapon enchantment seems to prevent the Arcanists Active Bonus to proc as well. The bonus procs off of the Weapon enchantment instead. So if I hit an enemy for 1000 damage, my (pure) feytouched enchantment hits for additional 200 psychic damage and only then will the Arcanist bonus hit for an additional 4 damage (I see those numbers on screen and it's what ACT tells me). so instead of 2% bonus damage on my initial hit I only get 2% of the already procced 20% feytouched damage.

It might be interesting for GWF with Holy Avenger, if they get it buffed up over 100% weapon damage, but as of right now the Netherese Arcanist is buggy and useless :(