test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Buff GF - what is this exactly ???

2»

Comments

• leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

GF regardless if its a Conq or Tac should always be providing Crushing Pin and Into the Frey which equates to 40% damage buff to the group. From there, you go full Conq for damage or Tac for additional buffing.

Not 40% buff, as Crushing Pin is a debuff. And even if Crushing Pin were a buff, it would be 43% buff (1.3*1.1), which is slightly more than 40%.

In practice, you're probably going to see slightly less than a 40% DPS increase from the basic GF contributions (ITF+Crushing Pin alone) because of other teammates' debuffs.

If a group calls out for a GF buff it typically means a Tac build GF for the run. This adds 5% more damage buff for Into the Frey, Action Point gain and damage reduction.

While I think bringing a Tactician for purely Inspiring Leader (and violation of common sense capstone) is silly, Inspiring Leader is more than 5% in practice.

It's 1.05 ^ number of stacks the GF can pull off. For most, it can be 2, maybe 3, but I've heard of 4-5 stacks on GFs that really go out of their way to max out their Recovery.

A dps GF runs the Fey enchantment and the only buffs it is offering the group is the 40% damage buff from Into the Frey and Crushing Pin; now if a dps GF runs with a buff GF than the dps GF will drop ITF for another ability to produce more damage.

The bolded part is a little silly, just pick up someone else with DPS and bring them along for the ride. The other DPS clears the AoE, the GF clears the boss, and maybe you can even bring a noob to carry with you while you're at it.

It won't kill GFs to have to run ITF instead of Anvil, unless your goal is some specific one phase or speed kill video.
    to add to that.
    i dont know of single GF that drops ITF for anything, be it PvP, PvE buffing tanking or dps. its simply too good.
    as for dps for GF, HR should be best due to amazing trash clear, and LSS for boss buffing.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    leonidrex said:

rjc9000 said:

GF regardless if its a Conq or Tac should always be providing Crushing Pin and Into the Frey which equates to 40% damage buff to the group. From there, you go full Conq for damage or Tac for additional buffing.

Not 40% buff, as Crushing Pin is a debuff. And even if Crushing Pin were a buff, it would be 43% buff (1.3*1.1), which is slightly more than 40%.

In practice, you're probably going to see slightly less than a 40% DPS increase from the basic GF contributions (ITF+Crushing Pin alone) because of other teammates' debuffs.

If a group calls out for a GF buff it typically means a Tac build GF for the run. This adds 5% more damage buff for Into the Frey, Action Point gain and damage reduction.

While I think bringing a Tactician for purely Inspiring Leader (and violation of common sense capstone) is silly, Inspiring Leader is more than 5% in practice.

It's 1.05 ^ number of stacks the GF can pull off. For most, it can be 2, maybe 3, but I've heard of 4-5 stacks on GFs that really go out of their way to max out their Recovery.

A dps GF runs the Fey enchantment and the only buffs it is offering the group is the 40% damage buff from Into the Frey and Crushing Pin; now if a dps GF runs with a buff GF than the dps GF will drop ITF for another ability to produce more damage.

The bolded part is a little silly, just pick up someone else with DPS and bring them along for the ride. The other DPS clears the AoE, the GF clears the boss, and maybe you can even bring a noob to carry with you while you're at it.

It won't kill GFs to have to run ITF instead of Anvil, unless your goal is some specific one phase or speed kill video.
    to add to that.
    i dont know of single GF that drops ITF for anything, be it PvP, PvE buffing tanking or dps. its simply too good.
    as for dps for GF, HR should be best due to amazing trash clear, and LSS for boss buffing.
    Mod 16 is going to change that. ITF is just a speed and stamina boost :(
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    lantern22 said:

leonidrex said:

rjc9000 said:

to add to that.
    Mod 16 is going to change that. ITF is just a speed and stamina boost :(
    On dps path you can also make it heal (lol) and instantly raise vengeance to 50, still it's a big nerf, there's no sugarcoating it.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited March 2019

On dps path you can also make it heal (lol) and instantly raise vengeance to 50, still it's a big nerf, there's no sugarcoating it.

It's also currently bugged on preview to give a ridiculous AP Gain multiplier because I am guessing someone on the dev team forgot ITF has a 15% AP Gain bonus on live...

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Mod 16 what GF buffer? You got a boring tank and a slow to use encounter DPS build.

Devs IMO took one of the classes I greatly enjoyed and made it boring and tedious to play.

So far that is how I feel about two of the classes: DC and GF. I have yet to try a CW as I'm not sure if I want to test my favorite class out only to see that it is well HAMSTER.