test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

looking pure dps build and answers

jackharper#1224 jackharper Member Posts: 112 Arc User
Hello
I'm still looking for a nice DPS class on myself. Now I'm playing gwf, it's a great char but too many people play this character, sometimes it is annoying. So i try to play something else. TR, HR and SW was not for me. Now i want test CW. But i cant find currently build for PURE dps cw on PC.(I found a few build dps CW, but they were either out of date, on PS or criticized in the comments)
Maybe someone have good build?
Additionally, I have a few to ask about
1. If we have DPS SW/TR/GWF/CW/HR with the same IL and the same party. CW it can be just as strong like GWF or HR?
2. How to play this character to end game? It's hard to find pt? etc.
3. What are the biggest disadvantages CW?

Comments

• Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    You can play a CW as a pure dps class at which point you'd be doing yourself a fair amount of a disadvantage for the end-game content.

My advise for you is to learn the mechanics of the game first, then proceed to build a wizard, then proceed to learn the mechanics of a wizard.

The wizard's learning curve is possibly the longest in the game since many things are not at all explained in the description and can be completely misleading.

There's also this big elephant in the room called "THE META" to which you'd always need to adjust properly if you want to play the end-game content with ease.

So, you'd need to follow all of those above + get BiS gear in order to play a pure dps build. Without knowing the mechanics of the game internally as well as the CW mechanics you will by default underperform greatly asking yourself "why does that kid with IL 9000 have 10 mil more damage than me and a lvl 20 chest armor when I have everything BiS".

Keyword is always timing. Timing is everything for a CW.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 28 Arc User

You can play a CW as a pure dps class at which point you'd be doing yourself a fair amount of a disadvantage for the end-game content.

My advise for you is to learn the mechanics of the game first, then proceed to build a wizard, then proceed to learn the mechanics of a wizard.

The wizard's learning curve is possibly the longest in the game since many things are not at all explained in the description and can be completely misleading.

There's also this big elephant in the room called "THE META" to which you'd always need to adjust properly if you want to play the end-game content with ease.

So, you'd need to follow all of those above + get BiS gear in order to play a pure dps build. Without knowing the mechanics of the game internally as well as the CW mechanics you will by default underperform greatly asking yourself "why does that kid with IL 9000 have 10 mil more damage than me and a lvl 20 chest armor when I have everything BiS".

Keyword is always timing. Timing is everything for a CW.

Ok so maybe you could explaine in simplified detail all of what you mean?

• Options
    modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited January 2018

Hello
    I'm still looking for a nice DPS class on myself. Now I'm playing gwf, it's a great char but too many people play this character, sometimes it is annoying. So i try to play something else. TR, HR and SW was not for me. Now i want test CW. But i cant find currently build for PURE dps cw on PC.(I found a few build dps CW, but they were either out of date, on PS or criticized in the comments)
    1. If we have DPS SW/TR/GWF/CW/HR with the same IL and the same party. CW it can be just as strong like GWF or HR?

you will be disappointed with CW's single target. Actually even after changes in mod 13 you can't compete with TRs/GWFs/GFs especially in boss fights. this is the biggest disadvantage. Also you can't go ahead of you party and fight with mobs like GWF because you will die of every mobs sneeze in endgame dungeons.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    modlesie said:

Hello

you will be disappointed with CW's single target. Actually even after changes in mod 13 you can't compete with TRs/GWFs/GFs especially in boss fights. this is the biggest disadvantage. Also you can't go ahead of you party and fight with mobs like GWF because you will die of every mobs sneeze in endgame dungeons.
    I remember a post some place here on the forums talking about a CW would catch up to a GWF on the bosses in T9. Which means, a CW has more damage for single target. I mean, what other class has a feat that drops our AoE damage by 10% and gains 30% damage on single target.

In my guild I play catch up with a 16K GWF on bosses. He destroys me on adds, but on bosses I tend to catch up to him.
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Yes funny enough I tend to catch gwf's (Same item level) on the bosses in end game content too. not in aoe situation though

EDIT: I know it should not be possible
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)