test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cannot kick from random queue and FBI bugged

zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
So yesterday I went to run my random epic and got FBI and for once the group was actually able and willing to do it. So we get up the mountain and kill Hati and everything seems to be going smooth but then after me, the cleric, and the OP are down at the cave with the you must gather your party portal and the 2 GWF are up at the Hati entrance because they died and cannot get down to us. This right here is a bug that is known and has been reported before but never fixed. Fortunately there is a work around for it, the two players stuck at the top need to go the character select screen while we port into the gave then they can come back to us and spawn at the campfire. Which was told to both of these players. One of them did it however the other one did not. Further the other one made absolutely no attempt to communicate or understand or seemed to do anything at all, I believe he was probably AFK. So this went on for about 5-10 minutes of us trying to tell him what to do and getting no feedback or response at all. This is 30 minutes into the dungeon. So we try to initiate a vote-kick and are unable to do so. I and another player both tried, I personally tried several times using every available reason to kick, and every time it gave me the *thud* sound like you get with an error message but did not give any error message as to why it wouldn't kick. So the OP leaves, a GF comes in, and then we pretty much immediately vote to abandon the instance at this point. 30 minutes wasted because of an AFK and/or HAMSTER player that had no business being in this dungeon to begin with as his damage was way to low for it and the rest of us were held hostage and couldn't kick him for being AFK.

If we are going to be forced to run dungeons in public queue with randoms then we need to be able to vote-kick. If 4 of the 5 people in a dungeon all vote to kick the 5th that alone should be sufficient grounds for them to be kicked because for all 4 of those people to agree on it they must be doing something seriously wrong.

Comments

• Options
    b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    From reading the post I will clear up something that people should never do really. First If you die to Hati you should never release until the boss is dead or its a wipe and if there is a new person in the party the group should type that into the chat before the boss fight starts. However what you said with the work around is 100% wrong. If a user disconnects going to the change character select screen that user will be unable to get his or her loot from hati. The real work around to this bug is to use the Travel Sign given to you if you have VIP access. Travel to Enclave then click the button at the top to Re Enter the dungeon. This will place the person in the area where the boss is at and allow them to get their loot. Now if a user does not have access to VIP they must travel back down the mountain to the start of the dungeon. You can see at the bottom of the camp the camp fire at the bottom. There is a boat there with a guy that you can talk with to exit the dungeon. They must talk to that guy and again travel to enclave and then click to re enter dungeon.
    Anyone that releases to hati boss fight should never disconnect and allow the team to continue. If the team does continue thru the cave then that person or persons will miss out on loot from hati.
    I will also say that yes cryptic knowing FBI is now part of the random que should really consider this as a priority and try hard to fix the issue.
    FBI in and of it self has many many bugs that causes many issues.
  • Options
    muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    b4t1b4t said:

From reading the post I will clear up something that people should never do really. First If you die to Hati you should never release until the boss is dead or its a wipe and if there is a new person in the party the group should type that into the chat before the boss fight starts. However what you said with the work around is 100% wrong. If a user disconnects going to the change character select screen that user will be unable to get his or her loot from hati. The real work around to this bug is to use the Travel Sign given to you if you have VIP access. Travel to Enclave then click the button at the top to Re Enter the dungeon. This will place the person in the area where the boss is at and allow them to get their loot. Now if a user does not have access to VIP they must travel back down the mountain to the start of the dungeon. You can see at the bottom of the camp the camp fire at the bottom. There is a boat there with a guy that you can talk with to exit the dungeon. They must talk to that guy and again travel to enclave and then click to re enter dungeon.
    Anyone that releases to hati boss fight should never disconnect and allow the team to continue. If the team does continue thru the cave then that person or persons will miss out on loot from hati.
    I will also say that yes cryptic knowing FBI is now part of the random que should really consider this as a priority and try hard to fix the issue.
    FBI in and of it self has many many bugs that causes many issues.

I agree with these workarounds (I didn't know you could exit the dungeon without using VIP travelsign by talking to guy at the start. Thanks for the info). Developers fixed Hati bug during October bugfix month but it will go live with mod 13 so we need to wait until then. For now make sure to tell others (and wait for their reply that they understand..) to NOT release when they die at Hati.
  • Options
    zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Why does releasing cause a wipe exactly?

Also regardless of the FBI bugs we should be able to kick someone after 30 minutes in a dungeon, especially if they appear to be AFK by not responding to the group when addressed directly from multiple people in both text and voice chats.