test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Alchemy rank 20 issues

minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
I have alchemy R20 on one of my chars. On my list of available tasks were the R21 and 22 alchemical research tasks and R20 experimentation. I've done the R20 experimentation tasks enough times to add the major flask of protection, carried on, got another success, said it added another recipe but no recipe has been added (I have no filters on so not missing one) and neither task gave me any basic alchemical knowledge.

Any clues what's gone wrong (and whether it has anything to do with 2xprofs) and why I don't have R20 research task on my list ?

Comments

• Options
    gianextgianext Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I just got my alchemy to lvl20 and have this issue, can someone please help and fix this???

I have alchemy R20 on one of my chars. On my list of available tasks were the R21 and 22 alchemical research tasks and R20 experimentation. I've done the R20 experimentation tasks enough times to add the major flask of protection, carried on, got another success, said it added another recipe but no recipe has been added (I have no filters on so not missing one) and neither task gave me any basic alchemical knowledge.

Any clues what's gone wrong (and whether it has anything to do with 2xprofs) and why I don't have R20 research task on my list ?

• Options
    thorfinn#4853 thorfinn Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I have a slightly different version of this. Every time I do the R20 experimentation, I just get the potion. I've got 4 other toons maxxed out in alchemy, and I know the RNG is in the mix, but not 30+ times in a row. I have 4 successes of the 8 I need to advance.
  • Options
    it is, you have to succeed 8 times to go up in level. I'm personally stuck at 4 successes, and now over 40 failures in a row.
  • Options
    Nope, It's because I'm dumb.
    I was looking at it and to make a long story short, once you get enough experience, you need 8 quicksilver, I had 4. Bought 4 more, and leveled up. So...like many things in this game, read the fine print and look really closely...odds are, like me, you did something wrong. Bah...I'm dumb.