test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Alternative armor enchantments

Hi again
What do you think which armor enchantments was a good alternative, if you dont like soulforged/negation? I dont need more DR so i dont want use negation and i dont like soulforged but i looking good stone. I know other armor enchantments are weak, very weak but if you must choose which stone you will be use? I thinking about briartwine or frostburn.

Comments

• egerius#9114 egerius Member Posts: 1 New User
    I personally run a Transcendent Shadowclad for the extra deflect. Don't let people fool ya with the argument made about loosing threat...not in my experience.

Another good option is Transcendent Elven for the Stamina gain if you're reliant upon shield and have Stamina concerns.

I also like the Transcendent Thunderhead but currently with its seizure inducing visual effects its more of a liability than an asset. I hope they tone down the visuals of this in the near future.
  • jackharper#1224 jackharper Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    I tried to use elven but for me is useless but visual effects its very nice. If we talk about appearance briartwine is great, but here we have disastrous boon, 5-6% reflect it's a joke -.-
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Armor enchantments don't matter much in PvE. I have been doing fine using none, and I'm not even DR capped. You can always try that. If you insist on alternatives:

Shadowclad is a good choice, if you're worried about invisibility, you can always use a lower rank or up your deflect so that it never reaches 8 stacks.

Elven Battle is very handy, especially in FBI climb. Stamina in general is nice to have, and its the best looking enchant!

Briartwine is also better than nothing, but by not much.
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    For PVE ,I run lesser SoulForge for years ,but I would like to change .I tried Normal Thunderhead,T shadowclad,T Elven,T Frostburn, an Perfect Negation.
    Negation is nice,but if you reach the desired DR ,it loses some of its value.
    T elven lost its value in pve for me cause of a campaign boon ,that refresh your guard meter when you crit.
    Thunderhead is trash.Except in trans level ,untill it gets fixed,and returns to worthless status.
    T Shadowclad is not bad,and with KV on you can build stacks,but you have to reply to the usual pm of every high geared GWF in the game " bro why shadowclad? " etc etc...And the visuals are awfull :/
    Sold them all except T Frostburn.I switch to it in To9G ,if I am the off tank,and if we run into tropuble (low DPS party).
    Still I am not sure what buffs it provides.Is it +30% damage taken to the add that trigers your enchant?For 4 secs?ICD 24 secs.
    Idk.Forgot to mention it has awfull visuals at t level :/
    I cant test it myself (needs to get hit) ,or more precise I am lazy to do it.
    Someone knows?

In the end ,nothing beats the good old cheap Soulforged.It provides the best bonus -a second chance to a Defender class-that is very hard to miss.
  • ivorsk#3627 ivorsk Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Hello, currently I am about a 11K GF, and I have a few questions. Personally I am thinking of the Trans Negation due to the fact that it also gives a bonus to incoming heals & recovery. Using the this enchant to reach your DR cap and with the the increase to recovery you could fill your enchantment slots with other stats as a tank.

So my question is, is there anything wrong with this idea above at end game?

The other alternative armor enchants I would next consider would be the Barkshield, Elven Battle or maybe Frostburn. Second questions is, what does the text exactly mean for the Frostburn enchant when it reads "...Also disables NPCs...?
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited December 2017

Hello, currently I am about a 11K GF, and I have a few questions. Personally I am thinking of the Trans Negation due to the fact that it also gives a bonus to incoming heals & recovery. Using the this enchant to reach your DR cap and with the the increase to recovery you could fill your enchantment slots with other stats as a tank.

So my question is, is there anything wrong with this idea above at end game?

I never noticed the extra Recovery from Negation and I'm quite certain it's nothing like Hastening Light.

Incoming Healing Bonus as a whole is superfluous .Either the healing source will overheal you (Healadin, Templock, DCs, Fighter's Recovery) or the healing recieved is so miniscule that the bonus only adds an extra hundred HP per heal (Crushing Surge heals, some of the healing boons).

Assuming you don't play a DPS build, the only useful thing Incoming Healing would affect is increasing the potency of your lifesteal, but you can remedy that with stacking more lifesteal chance (for more lifesteal procs).

The other alternative armor enchants I would next consider would be the Barkshield, Elven Battle or maybe Frostburn. Second questions is, what does the text exactly mean for the Frostburn enchant when it reads "...Also disables NPCs...?

Ymmv on the other options, but what Tony& Goofy said about armor enchants still applies: pick what looks best or pick the cheapest option, because your shield work is the most important part of surviving.

I believe the disable is more focused on PvP than PvE. Disable is a type of CC effect which I recall locks down your abilities (but you can still move around while disable)

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Fireburst looks the best, and does some minimal damage to enemies.
  • manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    I was just wondering, does the slow from frostburn, daze from shadowclad, or stun from thunderhead proc crushing pin?
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    manipulos said:

I was just wondering, does the slow from frostburn, daze from shadowclad, or stun from thunderhead proc crushing pin?

Daze from Shadowclad nope, Thunderhead yes 100% confirm, and Frostburn I think? haven't tested it enough. It should though.

I don't recommend thunderhead though because of the seizure potential. Your teammates will thank you.

Briartwine is only good if you are running KV and pair it up with Guarded Assault which imo for PvE and PvP is just not viable.

Elven is an amazing alternative but so is Shadowclad, Barkshield and Eclipse.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    Barkshield is not a good enchantment if you are are receiving endless hits (which I assume the Guardian should be getting). Briatwine is better than nothing, and it is pretty cheap as they were dropping from lockboxes a lot.
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Bark is not got for GF in my opinion since you will be getting hit many, many times. Kill me, but I think that when you have KV on, transfer damage also takes Barkshield stacks.

I'm running with negation but I'm overstacked with DR so I think I will swap it for something else. Perfect Shadowclad seems okay, Eclipse seems to be awesome (if it works properly) and I heard lots of good things about Elven but never tried it.

I would say that armor enchantment is a minor addition for GF and there's nothing that will give anything noticeable in terms of improvement.
    edited July 2018

Barkshield is not a good enchantment if you are are receiving endless hits (which I assume the Guardian should be getting). Briatwine is better than nothing, and it is pretty cheap as they were dropping from lockboxes a lot.

Like I said, they are alternative options. I personally wouldn't use it but i'd recommend it to any PvE player. You are more likely to survive with that on especially during boss swings than a negation since it takes longer to build up. Eclipse is really great if you successfully deflect.

PvP it is only semi-viable on a TR only.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    What about the Eclipse enchantment? Ups your Deflect rating and increases stamina.
  • boromir#3940 boromir Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    We don’t have it yet on console. So I’d like to second this question above to the pc folk. Seems legit because you can drop deflection for more HP.

We don’t have it yet on console. So I’d like to second this question above to the pc folk. Seems legit because you can drop deflection for more HP.

Exactly.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO

• cerberusforcescerberusforces Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    Hello
    I'm back to the question, which armor enchantment you use and why?
    I still have lesser soul (because it's work, nothing special), but i want change it for something else.
    1. bark is probably not for me, i all time use KV.
    2. Negac, i dont need more DR, with bong have 100%.
    3. Elven it looks cool and nothing more, i dont need faster regen stamina.
    4. briartwine is a very weak
    5. frostburn the same weak
    6. Eclipse maybe? I dont use it before. What do you think? It's good or nothing special?
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    I stick with perfect negation - yeah I'm overstacked with DR but don't feel the need for swapping since there's nothing BiS for us. Bark isn't good since you won't get many chances to build full stack.
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User

Hello
    I'm back to the question, which armor enchantment you use and why?
    I still have lesser soul (because it's work, nothing special), but i want change it for something else.
    1. bark is probably not for me, i all time use KV.
    2. Negac, i dont need more DR, with bong have 100%.
    3. Elven it looks cool and nothing more, i dont need faster regen stamina.
    4. briartwine is a very weak
    5. frostburn the same weak
    6. Eclipse maybe? I dont use it before. What do you think? It's good or nothing special?

Go Eclipse, it brings the most survivability if you're DR capped already.
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    Still use my elven battle, the stamina gain can be a little overkill, but the resistance to stuns is still nice. Went through the progression of negation until I hit resist cap, to shadowclad to elven battle. If you can find one that procs crushing pin without annoying teammates, I'd say start there. Probably cheapest, with decent perk, is eclipse.