test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Taking the Spam Stress out of the Winter Festival

tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
For those in a trusted guild or other online community, gift-giving is an enjoyable experience. For many players without the in-game support network, joy turns to stress because of the ever-present gift scammer. Calls of "Naughty List: @foobar, @grinch, @jackfrost are scammers" punctuate zone chat. Bah. Humbug!

Here's a suggestion to keep the holiday cheer flowing for all.

Expand on the trade mechanism so that all members of a gift party place their contributions into a collective Giving window. Once all have "proposed" their gifts, each party member can accept or reject. If anyone rejects, return to the Giving window. When all confirm, gifts are committed and are emitted from a holiday-appropriate source (e.g. for Winter, perhaps a gift tree is summoned near the party leader).

It could look something like this:

Until the game forces naughty players to be nice, remember to be kind this holiday season.
Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Also in the spirit of the season, give and not worry so much about receiving.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

For those in a trusted guild or other online community, gift-giving is an enjoyable experience. For many players without the in-game support network, joy turns to stress because of the ever-present gift scammer. Calls of "Naughty List: @foobar, @grinch, @jackfrost are scammers" punctuate zone chat. Bah. Humbug!

Here's a suggestion to keep the holiday cheer flowing for all.

Expand on the trade mechanism so that all members of a gift party place their contributions into a collective Giving window. Once all have "proposed" their gifts, each party member can accept or reject. If anyone rejects, return to the Giving window. When all confirm, gifts are committed and are emitted from a holiday-appropriate source (e.g. for Winter, perhaps a gift tree is summoned near the party leader).

It could look something like this:

Until the game forces naughty players to be nice, remember to be kind this holiday season.

\

A wise man once said... "Be nice. Until it's time to not be nice."

• Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Also in the spirit of the season, give and not worry so much about receiving.

This! I just give mine away when in party - I surprised a person in Runestead with gifts the other day it was so much more fun than the LFG 10 gifts spam in Winter Fest