test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are masterwork weapons worth it?

wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
Hi.

I was thinking if I should change my weapons to MW2.

I own a Relic set with orange mainhand and fully refined offhand, but I lack Svardborg stones to upgrade it. The issue is, I don't see much msva runs lately and the grind for keys seems terrible to me. So my question is - does MW2 weapon set work good with HR? I read somewhere that relic gives us 3.33% boost to damage and that's only 10sec every 30 seconds. On the other hand, MW2 gives us 2% damage with 100% uptime and scales great with other MW2 weapons in party.

Also, refining offhand would be nice, since I play combat most of the time lately and I heard that combat damage is based on offhand.

So, do you guys think it's worth the AD and it's worth swapping relic for MW2? Anyone did this? I would really like an opinion.

Thanks!

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Relic gives a 10% Damage Buff for 10 seconds every 30, if triggered perfectly. That sort of works out to 3.33% overall. However it will vary if you time burst damage to fit in that window (+) and you never trigger the Defense overcharge.(-) MW2 will give a 2% boost to damage (and more) per person using them (stacking) to everyone in the party whether they are using them or not.

MW2 are less trouble to use and better for the team. If at least one other person has one, the damage boost is better than Relic and applies to the whole team.

However, the highest damage boost comes from 4 players with MW2 giving +8% and a main DPS with relic who can manage the bonus flawlessly, as its 10% then stacks with the static 8%.

For most classes, upgrading the OH to legendary isn't that game changing. HR and TR do get damage from their OH and so benefit more. If you use melee attacks, those are based on your OH damage value. So unless you never use melee stance, getting the OH upgraded somehow will boost your damage. If you can't get the MSVA marks, MW2 could definitely boost your damage for that reason alone.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • xmar011xmar011 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    pitshade said:

However, the highest damage boost comes from 4 players with MW2 giving +8% and a main DPS with relic who can manage the bonus flawlessly, as its 10% then stacks with the static 8%.

Are you sure? It was checked in our guild and MW2 weapon influences only a person who posses the same.
  • jrdiiorio#8134 jrdiiorio Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    > @xmar011 said:
    > However, the highest damage boost comes from 4 players with MW2 giving +8% and a main DPS with relic who can manage the bonus flawlessly, as its 10% then stacks with the static 8%.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Are you sure? It was checked in our guild and MW2 weapon influences only a person who posses the same.

It shows in the buff bar for all
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I haven't personally tested it. However Sharpedge and others have and I trust their findings.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    MW2 owner here, they do benefit everyone in your group regardless of what weapons they use. When I'm pugging on my SW and GF, if I'm the only one in tjhe group who has then, all teammates will have a white stronghold icon on their buff bar.