test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Soulbinder: How to get several of these icons in the ennemy's bar ?

werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 336 Arc User
edited December 2017 in The Nine Hells
When I use hadar's grasp (for instance), I only get one of this 3-spiked blue icon and I know we can get several :
1512742732-conss.jpg - envoi d'image avec NoelShack
Any idea of how to proceed to have several of them ? When I try another encounter or at-will, it does not add any new icon.

As for the icon on the right side, any clue on how to make it stack to a higher number (for instance it is written 26 here, but when I hit a dummy i only get 13 or so).

I haven't played soulbinder for nearly one year, and I am rusted now.
Post edited by werdandi#8366 on

Comments

• Options
    etelgrin said:

The stacked icon is top-path which is Fury Capstone - Creeping Death. The way it works is if you put WARLOCK CURSE (hint: not tyrannical, not warlock bargains curse, not lesser) your fire and necrotic damage powers hit for 60% (75% in mod 13 we get a buff) distributed within 8 seconds, this effect stacks so the more encounter power you use, the more atwills the more it stacks and hits.

Soulbinder mostly stacks these by using Soul Scorch, KF, and Fiery Bolt/BoVA/Hadars Grasp whichever you prefer/depending on the situation.

You mean the icon on the right side, correct ? I should have figured it was creeping death.

So I still have a remaining question with the other blue icons.

ps: i am going to send a pm to you because i want to show you something interesting :D
  • Options
    jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Right side is Creeping Death and left one most likely is "that".

Edit: Eh I just remembered GF marks and Warlock's Curse have the same icons, maybe GF is part of "that" or could the SW trigger it by himself?
    Post edited by jaime4312#3760 on
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    bellkazi said:

So I still have a remaining question with the other blue icons.

Lesser curse.
    I have the class feature that causes lesser curse, but I can get only one of this icon.

Perhaps the other same icons come from the GF when he marks the target. But why are there up to 3 icons possible ?

• Options
    naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    etelgrin said:

The stacked icon is top-path which is Fury Capstone - Creeping Death. The way it works is if you put WARLOCK CURSE (hint: not tyrannical, not warlock bargains curse, not lesser) your fire and necrotic damage powers hit for 60% (75% in mod 13 we get a buff) distributed within 8 seconds, this effect stacks so the more encounter power you use, the more atwills the more it stacks and hits.

Soulbinder mostly stacks these by using Soul Scorch, KF, and Fiery Bolt/BoVA/Hadars Grasp whichever you prefer/depending on the situation.

It is not triggered only from necrotic and fire damage. It is supposed to be triggered from any damage from at-wills, encounters and dailies (dealing fire or necrotic damage from enchants or feats is not supposed to trigger it anymore), except for the things that are not WAI. Iirc, it's only 6 seconds now (4 ticks every 1.5) and I was quite sure lesser curse also procced it.
  • Options
    darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    i like try soulbinder for end game dungeon but i dont know many things that path first i read somewhere soul sparks increase your deflect chance but i not see nothing write about that in the descripción of that mecanic class. Second if my main build i use vorpal its really necesary i get a dread enchantment for use soulbinder fury like a dps. And last the spirit immolations in the descriptions i read deal more damage than BoH but i dont know how is that damage how attack your spirit immolation if was actived how power dailly
  • Options
    random1selfrandom1self Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Soul sparks increase your life steal and your damage (if you put points into the feat burning souls in the fury tree) but not your deflection chance. BoVA will boost your deflection and with shadow walk, you can have close to 40% deflection chance while BoVA is active. But you can do this with both hellbringer and soul binder.

Feytouched is considered bis for now for sb because you can use hadars grasp to generate sparks instead of BoVA or dt. I wouldn't suggest DT because it lasts too long and if you're not spaming soul scorch you're losing dps. But until you can get a trans feytouched, your vorpal will work just fine. Fb or aoh, bova with ss with be your aoe then replace fb or aoh with wb for single target.

Immolation spirits is basically two spirits that follow you around and attack with fireballs with a 50% chance at generating soul sparks. They'll focus one target until it's dead then move onto the next target.