test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thoughts on the price of Ultimate Enchanting Stones

adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
edited November 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
An Ultimate Enchanting Stone goes for a million AD or so. Now, the price is driven by supply and demand, both of which might change dramatically over the next few days.

Many people had a full set of R12 enchants and runestones before Mod 12-B went live. Upgrading them all to R13 might take 900+ Preservation wards but I believe many (perhaps most) players have held off upgrading them, hoping to be able to buy the preservation wards at a discount tomorrow if there is a Black Friday sale.

Once those enchants and runestones are upgraded, the next step (at least for some) will be to upgrade them further to R14, and for that they need a pile of Ultimate Enchanting Stones. The increased demand should drive the price up, until a balance point is reached.

However...

The Ultimate Enchanting Stones can also drop from lockboxes, and if there is a Black Friday Sale, many people will buy keys and (with quite a bit of luck) get a stone to drop, which should increase the supply on the AH, which in turn should drive prices down.

So, what do you think - will the price go up or down if there is a Black Friday sale? If you make the right bet and act on it, you could make some pretty massive amounts of AD on the AH.
Hoping for improvements...
Post edited by adinosii on

Comments

• Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Its like trying to figure out which way a stock will move. Two days ago, UES dipped below 900K. After the zen charge bonus started, the UES now over 1.2 million. Will be interesting to see which side wins when lockbox keys go on sale. I myself am waiting to buy stacks of SES to get all R12 on my toons.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    An additional factor in the price of the stones is that there are large number of people having trouble with not getting the chests in Tomb. That could create additional supply issues.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother