test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Role-playing

animal576animal576 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
Love streaming neverwinter, gives me a chance to let out my inner dwarf. Would anyone else be interested in RP gaming with a hearty dwarf~I have been desperately wanting to make a dwarven guild. If you are interested you can message me. I will post an invite to our discord later.

Comments

• zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    Who has time to roll-play with the massive amount of grind required to progress your character? I might actually roll play if there wasn't so much that needed to be done to try to keep up/catch up to the latest content that I want to run.
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited November 2017

Who has time to roll-play with the massive amount of grind required to progress your character? I might actually roll play if there wasn't so much that needed to be done to try to keep up/catch up to the latest content that I want to run.

I partially agree with you, but also partially disagree however. On progressing your character one should resist the urge that everything is about getting BIS items, if a new weapon comes out with slighter better stats this does not imply you have to drop everything and grind endless amount of time to get it. The same for other items, one does not need R14 when R8 is sufficient for any content (I will address TONG just now), you don't need primal gear, drow gear is good enough. Obviously it is recommended that all the campaign tasks are done, but being a 12k IL should already be considered good enough, with 17k IL simply being a bonus (and a must for the obsessive compulsives).

As for TONG and those that say you have to be 16k+ (or whatever the massive entry requirement is these days), I strongly disagree with this sentiment. If Cryptic says the entry requirement for TONG is 12k that should imply that a 12k party should be able to do it, they have a lower success chance (say 30-40% on average) but it should still be made doable. This issue is something I wish Cryptic made a statement about, they should say what exactly what their intentions are when creating a dungeon, if they truly believe that dungeons like TONG are only meant for the whales, then they should state this openly. I don't think this however what they really intended, they made TONG too demanding probably because of shoddy development and testing.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Minimum item level does not equal recommended item level.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    You might have an easier time making a RP chat for Dwarves. Just a suggestion. Guilds = burnout.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    animal576 said:

Love streaming neverwinter, gives me a chance to let out my inner dwarf. Would anyone else be interested in RP gaming with a hearty dwarf~I have been desperately wanting to make a dwarven guild. If you are interested you can message me. I will post an invite to our discord later.

Moonstone Mask :)
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    I have role played in UO/WoW/LotRO/ extensively. But since I started SWTOR and now NW there is jut no desire to role play in me. Ten years of intense rp was enough for me.

Having said that I love to "say" and stay in character whilst playing live - so good luck. I recall stumbling across a massed squad of Storm troopers in SWTOR and was mighty impressed.

The other hindrance with NW is the instance numbers are so small
  • animal576animal576 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    All very valid points, I just can't help it. I have been a member of the forgotten realms fandom since childhood. I recently discovered lots of groups on Facebook. But mostly people play it on console since it hasn't been out as long.