test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Armor Enhancement: Soulforged, barkshield, something else?

zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
This has probably been asked before but the devs are always changing things and I have seen in at all recently so I figured it's worth asking to get the most up to date information.

Some background:
I'm a trapper-hybrid spec HR. I have enough points in combat to get skrimisher's gambit and the rest are in trapper. As such I do the stance-dance and bounce around a lot, usually I stay within or close to melee range though unless I'm running longstrider at the time in which case I go further to apply the longstrider buff. With the 15 combat feat points my build favors melee but definitely uses ranged attacks also.

I'm currently running a moderate soulforged as my armor enhancement enchantment. I dodge a lot and try not to get hit but sometimes I mistime the dodge or am out of stamina. I also dodge around to get into position to drop big hits like plant-growth which contributes to running out of stamina sometimes. Thus is I mess up and accidentally take a a big hit the soulforged picks me up, though sometimes I just die twice. The dying twice is less of an issue when using the angle of protection but can still happen. I loose all my potions/buffs on this death though just like any regular death though and I'm thinking the barkshield might let me take a hit and not fall in the first place.

The question:
Which armor enhancement is actually the best for my build and play-style? Should I stick with the soulforged or switch to barkshield which also sounds good? Or should I be running with something else entirely?

Comments

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    I use a t.bark, and the amount of damage I take in a run has just dropped through the floor. I do get one shot once in a blue moon, but only if I've been very optimistic and taken enough hits in a short time to completely deplete stacks of bark.

Huge difference between pure and trans. Very happy I switched from soul. The only problem bark has is when there are places with constant background damage sources/dots, like everfrost etc. which means essentially, you aren't wearing an armor enchant.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    So I traded my soulforged with an alliance mate for the same rank barkshield and so far I am very happy with the switch too. I think barkshield is the way to go.
  • brandonvsc#3315 brandonvsc Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I am working towards using negation atm for my current trapper hybrid build. The survivability from it seems solid.