test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guild Stronghold Changes for the Win

mysticmarksmysticmarks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
edited November 2017 in Player Feedback (PC)
I had a few ideas i've discussed with our guild group and would like to toss them at the devs. These would be realtively easy and add some real zest to all of the work done to build the stronghold.

1. Make the guild stronghold interior doors transfer points to the various campaign zones! Use different graphic effects on the thresholds to indicate the zones they transfer to(ie-ice on icewind door, necro fumes from dread ring, rainclouds over storm kings use the encounter graphics from split the sky, and some of the enchantment effects for others etc etc). The doors light up when you can enter those areas(interesting mini cut scene once per door?). the doors are direct with no map select so it's immediate in and out of the zone and should return through the last door passed to achieve that.

2. Move the mimic coffer into the guild stronghold upstairs where the fountain is currently instead of on the featureless patio(a colored glass window with lighting or 5th location for a ceiling light that scales like the statues?)at that location to brigthen the feel?).Also the guild banker and guild mail to the interior left and right of the fireplace.

3. Table feasts should offer some sort of guild buff, boon, or discount to make them have utility(click me once and hour and eat to gain_???? Awesome spot for that animation, reach and eat) ALSO, give us feasts that are permanent but do nothing for a look too. Fashion feasts. Various fabrics and table settings when feast buffs arent overlayed.

These changes would VASTLY improve the feel of stronghold and the actual guild hall by adding waypoint utility and move the excitement inside where it belongs.

Mod edited title to remove SHOUTY caps.
Sometimes you're your own best teacher. ~Me
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• Options
    prairierose1985prairierose1985 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    We should also put the temporary structures that can be built (recruiter, gemmonger, etc) to where the coffer currently sits and use the spot where they are currently being built for guild only event structures.
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    Those are good thoughts to add to the ambiance and utility of the guild hall.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min