test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What to spec into

eshkull#7182 eshkull Member Posts: 71 Arc User
I’m a brand new CW. And I’ve seen good and bad from both specs but I love DOTs. I’ve seen a lot of SS guides but not a lot of MoF guides. Are they (MiF) just not that good or is it that people like CC so much?

Comments

• assidisassidis Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    just SS have more DPS ((
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    ddasani1 said:

I’m a brand new CW. And I’ve seen good and bad from both specs but I love DOTs. I’ve seen a lot of SS guides but not a lot of MoF guides. Are they (MiF) just not that good or is it that people like CC so much?

SS DPS is burst with % odd and if you are unlucky you do not produce max damage and if you are lucky you can produce max damage. SS does excellent on adds and the more there are to apply the DoT from Conduct of Ice and Icy Terrain the more damage a SS can do especially with a Trans Lighting. SS are excellent in content with lots of adds.

MoF DPS, IMO, is a more consistent with damage over the longer fights. Getting an enchantment to boost your damage, single target, makes this build better for the longer fights as you are doing constant and steady damage.

Both are viable but most go after a SS with a Trans Lighting as that results in the player typically on the leader board in content. I will state this...adds and stuff are good and all to get on the leader board for damage. But in real tough and challenging content the damage you do on them is not as important as the damage you can produce on a boss.
  • assidisassidis Member Posts: 11 Arc User

MoF DPS, IMO, is a more consistent with damage over the longer fights. Getting an enchantment to boost your damage, single target, makes this build better for the longer fights as you are doing constant and steady damage.

The duration of the battle depends on the damage. SS make it faster. MoF have all fights longer. In group (at hi-end content) MoF have no time to spend so damage as SS because the enemy dies very quickly, except for the bosses.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    assidis said:

The duration of the battle depends on the damage. SS make it faster. MoF have all fights longer. In group (at hi-end content) MoF have no time to spend so damage as SS because the enemy dies very quickly, except for the bosses.
    You are correct that SS do show up on the leaderboard with more damage. I even stated that. But who cares about damage on adds any way when the adds are rarely the reason why groups cannot finish content. On bosses is where damage matters and this applies to all MMOs. The reason is, you need concentrated damage on the boss that is consistent to take it down. A MoF does constant damage whereas the SS is random burst. Boss is single target and MoF has an extra single target spell along with its smolder/rimfire also being considered single target.

The truth is both MoF and SS are viable. The rimfire/smolder update is going to hurt many MoF DPS damage. Just like the changes to bonding impacted many players in the game.