test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

MoF 12b nerf

ronhereronhere Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Can any MoF CWs out there shed some light on this nerf? Wondering if I should just give up hope and go back to Spellstorm...

Comments

• Options
    dariandelforddariandelford Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    ??
    Darian Del'Ford
    AKA Taco Brotherhood of Pathfinders
    Old Neverwinter Nights AOL Launched it all!
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    ronhere said:

Can any MoF CWs out there shed some light on this nerf? Wondering if I should just give up hope and go back to Spellstorm...

can you maybe shed some light on what you "believe" this nerf to be we are not psychic
  • Options
    assidisassidis Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    ronhere said:

• Options
    jano#8078 jano Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    He’s probably referring to not being able to stack both smolder and rimefire anymore if i had to guess.
  • Options
    smolder and rimefire quite normal overlap. already 3 or 4 times on my memory they were corrected. ))
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Smolder and Rimfire were not suppose to overlap like they did. By fixing this they reduced the damage a MoF does. Not sure how much of a hit it is to the MoF damage.

There are three classes the devs continue to ignore for updating: CW, GWF and TR. These classes really need a balance pass after SW are completed.
  • Options
    Smolder and Rimfire gives about 5% of damage or less.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited November 2017

Smolder and Rimfire were not suppose to overlap like they did. By fixing this they reduced the damage a MoF does. Not sure how much of a hit it is to the MoF damage.

There are three classes the devs continue to ignore for updating: CW, GWF and TR. These classes really need a balance pass after SW are completed.

the damage of smolder wasnt a big deal was much pain to do all this stuff with double smolders than to actually to dps with othre ways( if we talk about dps mof).

ANd as buff-debuff we have enough and other classes offer theirs so that " extra bug :" we had never was a big deal with diminishing returns.

Mod13 smolder get boost from chilling presence btw.
  • Options

the damage of smolder wasnt a big deal was much pain to do all this stuff with double smolders than to actually to dps with othre ways( if we talk about dps mof).

ANd as buff-debuff we have enough and other classes offer theirs so that " extra bug :" we had never was a big deal with diminishing returns.

That is actually good to know. Mod 13 seems like it will fix many of the CW and other class bugs.

• Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited November 2017

Because having 2 smoulders up (a 100% increase over 1 smoulder) is less of a dps increase then having 1 smoulder up but a buff of 48% /s.

Smoulder can still be stacked anyhow, but for the purposes of dps the dot is so bad that it is not note worthy. Even if this was fixed, its nothing to be upset about.
  • Options

Because having 2 smoulders up (a 100% increase over 1 smoulder) is less of a dps increase then having 1 smoulder up but a buff of 48% /s.

Smoulder can still be stacked anyhow, but for the purposes of dps the dot is so bad that it is not note worthy. Even if this was fixed, its nothing to be upset about.
    Regardless of the changes, I will still play a MoF over a SS. I simply dislike SS.