test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Has anyone else noticed Trans Negation seems bugged?

rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 556 Arc User
I know most folks on here are ProtOPs so they don't run Trans Negation, but, if it works correctly, it should be a nice enchant for a DevOP. Anyway, I was trying out my Trans Negation, and the numbers I am getting are really strange. I don't think I am getting the full 10 stacks even when I am just standing in a group of mobs and let them pound on me. You are supposed to get a 3.5% increase in Damage Resistance for each stack, but I am not getting anywhere near that. My base damage resistance is 47.1%, but even if I let mobs hit on my proccing (at least visually) my Trans Negation, it never goes above 54.7%. Even if we assume it is 3.5% of 47.1%, I would expect at least 1.64% more Damage Resistance per stack totaling an increase of 16.4% rather than the 7.6% increase that I am observing on Live.

Looking at my Defense, it is base 11,654 and 14,479 in combat (29.13% and 36.2% damage resistance respectively).

I can't explain what I am seeing. Anyone have any ideas or explanations?

All I know is that, subjectively, I seemed much tankier with a Trans Shadowclad enchant than a Trans Negation enchant. (And yes, I know tanks shouldn't use Trans Shadowclad, but I don't play a tank....)

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

  • hirogardehirogarde Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    I think the problem is in the diminishing returns. That's when I noticed "odd" resistance numbers in the combat log. iirc, it starts to really drop off around 50%; 80%+ is still achievable, it just takes a bit more to get there.

    I didn't really look into it though, as I noticed it the same day the diminishing returns patch went live so I just assumed that some resistance bonuses were actually multiplying the defense stat (so hitting the "soft" cap).
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Nope. That isn't the problem. I went to test server took off everything except deepknights brigadine (to hold the Trans Negation) and used a test weapon. I had a defense of 0 and damage resistance of 14% natively. With 10 stacks of Negation, I still had 0 defense and 14% damage resistance. It just flat out isn't working. At all.

    Edit: It looks like the damage resistance doesn't show up in your stats. Going back through combat logs and hand calculating the DR I would see "spurts" of increased DR indicating that trans negation only checks periodically (once per second?).
    Post edited by rubytrue on
  • hirogardehirogarde Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    rubytrue said:

    Edit: It looks like the damage resistance doesn't show up in your stats. Going back through combat logs and hand calculating the DR I would see "spurts" of increased DR indicating that trans negation only checks periodically (once per second?).

    It does not show up in the stat sheet. Be wary of spikey resistance when calculating too, deflect doesn't get specifically logged, and it shows up like resistance does. The Negation enchant should boost your resistance to a consistant level anyways (if you're taking continuous damage), so you should see the resistance grow with each hit until you reach the 10 stacks.

    I have a lesser that's 1%/stack, so it should be easier to calculate. I'll dig deeper into this too and see if we can figure out what's going on.

    EDIT:
    I just had another thought, if you just upgraded it while it was in the armor, try removing it and putting it back in. I had an issue with upgrading then changing loadouts where it didn't recognize the upgrade.
  • hirogardehirogarde Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I think the "remove and replace" is the fix. It didn't look like it was working, so i removed it and replaced it and all the numbers added up again. I also used the "modify enchantment" button rather than just drag and drop, if that makes any difference. I haven't even upgrade mine either, so it must have been some other change they snuck in at some point.

    Something else I noticed this time around, it's not a stack+refresh operation. Each stack has it's own 1sec timer, so you could go straight from 10 stacks to zero (with some bad luck/timing).

    EDIT:
    Now I'm really stimied... I went back to double-check results, and it's not working again. I think we need a dev to look under the hood on this one.

    EDIT #2:
    I transferred it to an alt to see if it was a pally specific thing and it worked perfectly. Transferred it back (through shared bank both times) and now it's working on the pally again. It's shown the stacks every time, but those times it's not working the combat log numbers get wonky (like sometimes taking more damage instead of less). There's something else going on, or I just had a weird string of numbers flow through.
    Post edited by hirogarde on
Sign In or Register to comment.