test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Does anyone really like the Random Queues?

Comments

• Options
    manufracturemanufracture Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    taevannya said:

Okay, gonna throw it out there.

2.) Take FBI/MSP/TONG out of the queue. Personally, I still think 11k is a little steep for ilvl for the other places, but I know it does make dealing with most pugs a little less painful if there's a solid gear expectancy. Most people that spend the effort to get to 11k are pretty well invested in the game on some level. Doesn't make them good players, but chances are the content will get done.

^this - I had the unfortunate luck of getting FBI, we tried but two of the players just wanted to wait by the fireplace for 15 minutes to vote leave, excited and then got MSP - we did ok but could not get past Kabal's 3rd suite so vote leave and then got FBI again where this team did try at least but not not beat Hati (or what ever that things name is) so guess what, vote leave. An hour or more wasted as I go no rewards, I decided then that I was done with the RQ.....take FBI and MSP out please...sheesh

• Options
    chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User

taevannya said:

2.) Take FBI/MSP/TONG out of the queue. Personally, I still think 11k is a little steep for ilvl for the other places, but I know it does make dealing with most pugs a little less painful if there's a solid gear expectancy. Most people that spend the effort to get to 11k are pretty well invested in the game on some level. Doesn't make them good players, but chances are the content will get done.

^this - I had the unfortunate luck of getting FBI, we tried but two of the players just wanted to wait by the fireplace for 15 minutes to vote leave, excited and then got MSP - we did ok but could not get past Kabal's 3rd suite so vote leave and then got FBI again where this team did try at least but not not beat Hati (or what ever that things name is) so guess what, vote leave. An hour or more wasted as I go no rewards, I decided then that I was done with the RQ.....take FBI and MSP out please...sheesh

If a team that meets the entrance requirements, that has the 3/1/1 team composition, has zero chance of even getting past the first boss, then that is a problem with the dungeon itself.

I'll say it again:

The first boss should be easy and farmable.
    The second and third bosses are the ones that should have the difficulty level ramped up to eleventy, with complicated mechanics and/or a ton of hitpoints.

Only the best teams should be able to complete the dungeons. I agree with that. But that doesn't mean that only the best teams should be able to accomplish anything at all in the dungeon.

And I had a similar experience with FBI. My 15k GWF got put into there public queueing in the random queue. Team had a very difficult time even getting up the hill with the giants, but we did finally do it after about 45 minutes of work, only to completely and utterly fail at Hati. The boss didn't even go below 90% health. Tried twice and then left. We had a GF that was very squishy, and I wish I could have offered some advice to him, but I frankly don't know what advice to offer GFs in that dungeon.
  • Options
    jemini#7245 jemini Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I've been hamstered....lvl 70 here that can only run normal dungeons for RAD, kind of a disappointment. Also, the drops in non rq have been changed somewhat. Now you get a higher rng for enchantments (as this is one of few ways to obtain them now) out of chest rewards. Seems like those nice rewards are coming far and few now. Maybe RNGesus is just mad at me?
  • Options
    jemini#7245 jemini Member Posts: 7 Arc User

taevannya said:

Just makes no sense why they did this......so confused and so happy that I've yet to unlock epic rq. Dread the day I get put in any of those epics via RQ.
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    chemjeff said:

WHY IS EVERYBODY QUEUING SOLO?!!

You can make a full pre-made queue just as you used to. Just the dungeon you get will be a surprise, they group doesn't have to be.

Because some people are in small guilds who don't have a lot of members online at one time in order to form full premades to go dungeon running.

Because some people aren't in guilds at all.

Because some people are new players who don't have a well-developed friends' list.

Because some players have a circle of friends who refused to do SKT, or otherwise don't qualify for the random queue.

Because some people are old players who prefer playing solo and always relied on solo queueing to get stuff done anyway.

Because some people aren't aware of, or don't get invited to, all these private channels that form premades outside of alliance chat.

I think there are more of these types of players than most people realize. Hence one reason why there are so many complaints about super-hard dungeons like FBI and TONG.
    How did they run stuff back in the day then?
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    kai#1230 kai Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I like random queue concept, but they could be tiered better. The difficulty range within the epics is just too wide.
  • Options
    chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User

chemjeff said:

You can make a full pre-made queue just as you used to. Just the dungeon you get will be a surprise, they group doesn't have to be.

Because some people are in small guilds who don't have a lot of members online at one time in order to form full premades to go dungeon running.

Because some people are new players who don't have a well-developed friends' list.

Because some players have a circle of friends who refused to do SKT, or otherwise don't qualify for the random queue.

Because some people are old players who prefer playing solo and always relied on solo queueing to get stuff done anyway.

Because some people aren't aware of, or don't get invited to, all these private channels that form premades outside of alliance chat.

I think there are more of these types of players than most people realize. Hence one reason why there are so many complaints about super-hard dungeons like FBI and TONG.
    Before, you could public queue for, say, ETOS or KR or ESOT, get in, and rarely fail. Or you could go to PE LFG chat, find a pick-up group for these dungeons, and rarely fail. You could ignore FBI/MSP/TONG completely. You didn't need to develop a big friend's list because you didn't need a tight-knit group of super-coordinated players in order to beat the content. You didn't need to concern yourself with private channels, overpowered guild boons, or any of the rest. That is how. Now, you have to forego ALL of the epic dungeons if you aren't ready for FBI/MSP; or you have to content yourself with missing out on the AD rewards if you want the "easy win" of ETOS/ESOT/KR. It's the devs' attempt to shove players into difficult content that they had no interest in doing in the first place, whether they like it or not, or else forego their AD income. It's a choice that players shouldn't have to make.
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    chemjeff said:

chemjeff said:

Before, you could public queue for, say, ETOS or KR or ESOT, get in, and rarely fail. Or you could go to PE LFG chat, find a pick-up group for these dungeons, and rarely fail. You could ignore FBI/MSP/TONG completely. You didn't need to develop a big friend's list because you didn't need a tight-knit group of super-coordinated players in order to beat the content. You didn't need to concern yourself with private channels, overpowered guild boons, or any of the rest. That is how. Now, you have to forego ALL of the epic dungeons if you aren't ready for FBI/MSP; or you have to content yourself with missing out on the AD rewards if you want the "easy win" of ETOS/ESOT/KR. It's the devs' attempt to shove players into difficult content that they had no interest in doing in the first place, whether they like it or not, or else forego their AD income. It's a choice that players shouldn't have to make.
    Why should you forego all epic dungeons? Do them as you would, 6k shouldn't stop anybody.

You aren't losing any AD. Take 15 minutes to do a skirmish and levelling dungeon and you made about the same RAD as before (you lose 1 piece of confirmed salvage, but that's covered by more direct RAD). Don't say you don't like to be forced into those. If all you did was eToS and eSoT everyday back then, I'd say you already were pretty forced.

All these mentions of 'you' don't mean YOU.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    svenisperfectsvenisperfect Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    I like the random dungeon queues. Yes, I have been playing for a while now, I've done all of the campaigns and unlocked everything.

Random queues allow me to get my maximun rough astral diamonds in no time at all compared to before. I am one of the million striker/dps classes so queue times weren't friendly before the change. We are a very small guild, that can't even have a regular queue group going so this change actually allows us to gain dungeon shards of power now since it doesn't matter what we queue anymore.

We also have the new guy gain diamonds in his random normal queue so he can start saving up to get his gear in order to join the random skirmishes. (8.8k currently with full craft chult gear). What used to be quite a time investment to get diamonds and shards, now takes an hour max. on our mains. Especially since everyone is busy with jobs and other things in life.

I like the change, they finally delivered on their "average queue time" goal that you could fire up a skirmish or dungeon during small breaks in the day. I have encountered the higher dungeons. Yes they take longer and are prone to wipes. But that is what you should be expecting when half the random group barely reached the ilvl with most of it non needed stats/ilvl boosts (high level utility enchantments over defensive/offensive slots for instance).

To all the people complaining that the bonus has shifted to random queue and that you don't like it: Now you can actually fire up whatever dungeon you want to keep on farming for loot (after your daily dungeon thing) and see the queue time drop because of all the players that get randomly added to fill out the roster.

And if you are complaining that your regular 5 man farming team now has to farm one more dungeon... there is just no pleasing you guys so stop spouting your bile. You would have run that extra dungeon in the old system anyway since it would take 2 dungeons to get the full extra bonus. You are just upset that you can't continue only doing the one master Temple of the Spider Queen dungeon. Well you still can, but it's less efficient now than just doing one random dungeon, one random skirmish and one random epic dungeon. So I don't really understand what you are complaining about when it now only takes 3 dungeons/skirmishes compared to what used to be 7-8 MTOS.

• Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    I'd say people are more angry about not being able to push their trash alts through eToS to get the full daily RAD anymore. It always annoyed me a bit when I have to carry such obvious alts (no new play has trans weapon enchant and a few R12s and HAMSTER for everything else). But they were needed to keep the queue moving.
  • Options
    maxzius#3795 maxzius Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    > @svenisperfect said:
    > I like the random dungeon queues. Yes, I have been playing for a while now, I've done all of the campaigns and unlocked everything.
    >

Once again... We knew this would be an improvement for characters like ours that are 'done' with everything. For new players and casual players this random q is trash.
  • Options
    robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    The idea about rewarding daily AD for random queue would be awesome if it was made for random parties, not for random dungeons (random party, but you choose a dungeon).
    This way queues would fill fast and everyone would run what they want to run.

Current random queues is a really bad idea.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    I just returned after a long absence... Personal stuff and all that.

Anyway, I started a new toon to get my bearings back rather than trying to run a 60 (who used to be capped but no longer) and being sort of lost in what I am doing.

So I see that a random queue will get me some AD, and Cloak Tower, which is the mission I got, is the only dungeon I can possibly get on the random queue, so I go that route.

Quick pop and in the dungeon. Good.

Then one of the people proceeds to speed run through and I got to participate in three fights; The very first one, a wandering group that got into the path after the speed runners had passed, and the last fight since they had to wait for me at the gate.

And by participate I mean I got some swings in, but other than the second fight where I was on my own, my swings didn't amount to much in terms of the fight... Just some token damage.

That wasn't fun.

As a Paladin I don't even have a "move fast" ability that I could use to help me keep up. I was worried that they would try to kick me out for slowing them down (if that's even possible in a random queue). That made things less fun.

If they are going to do this then I would like to see the higher levels nerfed more effectively. I figure that is going to be an unpopular opinion with the high-levels that want to speed-run everything for quick and easy ADs, but isn't the point to "work" for the ADs? To do something to "earn" them?

If Cryptic thinks that having that high level toon along to run the dungeon for me is doing me a favor; That that is how that person is earning their ADs, then I would like them to re-think that position.

I want to participate, not have someone carry me.

So that's really the only complaint/suggestion I have: Do more to bring over-leveled characters (and their companions) more in line with the content that they are running.
  • Options

Anyway, I started a new toon to get my bearings back rather than trying to run a 60 (who used to be capped but no longer) and being sort of lost in what I am doing.

So I see that a random queue will get me some AD, and Cloak Tower, which is the mission I got, is the only dungeon I can possibly get on the random queue, so I go that route.

Then one of the people proceeds to speed run through and I got to participate in three fights; The very first one, a wandering group that got into the path after the speed runners had passed, and the last fight since they had to wait for me at the gate.

And by participate I mean I got some swings in, but other than the second fight where I was on my own, my swings didn't amount to much in terms of the fight... Just some token damage.

That wasn't fun.

As a Paladin I don't even have a "move fast" ability that I could use to help me keep up. I was worried that they would try to kick me out for slowing them down (if that's even possible in a random queue). That made things less fun.

If they are going to do this then I would like to see the higher levels nerfed more effectively. I figure that is going to be an unpopular opinion with the high-levels that want to speed-run everything for quick and easy ADs, but isn't the point to "work" for the ADs? To do something to "earn" them?

If Cryptic thinks that having that high level toon along to run the dungeon for me is doing me a favor; That that is how that person is earning their ADs, then I would like them to re-think that position.

So that's really the only complaint/suggestion I have: Do more to bring over-leveled characters (and their companions) more in line with the content that they are running.

Did you try asking them to slow down and let you try? I think most would oblige. I ask if anybody wants it slow (unless I see everybody else is 70 too), but if they don't, can't hurt to try asking.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    If they take mSP, fib, and Tong out, I'd be fine with it.

As it stands, some lucky newbies get an ex-bis 16k HR with all the bells and whistles shouting "RUN TO THE DOORS!!!!!" and one-shotting everything in standard random dungeon queues.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    I never used to run leveling dungeons before. If I wanted an easy fast run for my AD that day I would just run a tier 1 epic instead of tier 2. Now the leveling dungeon is the biggest reward though since RQ has a chance to put you in a dungeon that's impossible to finish with your group.
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User

On my 7 non-mains, I never did any epics or skirmishes. So no salvage to pick up.
    Funny enough, yesterday an artifact dropped in a non-epic for me....

Not enough time to do that, just 1 leveling dungeon for my 13.5k AD (per alt)
    Note that due to the changes, those alts that only run 1 leveling dungeon per day now get salvage from pseals.

Well I agree there is a bigger risk that you might end up in a situation where you are having difficulty completing the dungeon. But on the other hand I hear people complaining that content is too easy. Take a challenge and try! You might like it.

I'm not worried about the challenge, I kept trying to put this point over back on the preview thread but I'm concerned about the players who will be adversley affected by the problem of loads more L70 players dumping quick runs into leveling dungeons and spoiling their games.
    As well as the people who don't have the option, and who are forced to queue in the leveling random format when previously they had the freedom of choice to play any dungeon they were geared for to get their daily rewards.

I never had a problem with L70 players running leveling dungeons for RAD... IF they were soloing them through private queues. But now that's not an option, so those queues are going to become even more crowded with happy L70s getting their RAD at the expense of their lower level co players.

Well I guess that's a psychological thing. Why would someone purposely CHOOSE to do a dungeon that takes longer? If you can choose, you will always take the shortest one.

I think it must be a psychological thing... shortest is not necessarily the first metric people choose when playing games. If you are bored with something, and you can't switch because the boring thing is shorter than the alternative that may be more enjoyable... I guess I just don't understand how the short imperative works.

Well now, don't pick your own interpretation of what words to emphasize. I know there are some flaws in the new system but it's not as extreme as people make it out to be. Mostly the fact that new lvl70s are not able to participate in the epic/skirm random queues unless they fulfill all requirements. They have a problem there with people who could take off armor and then queue, and I think they should rethink their method.

Maybe keep track of what queues your character was ever possible to run (?) and adhere to the requirements of those dungeons/skirmishes. That way people who have not done SKT (fresh level 70s without ER for instance) can still participate in dungeons up to CN. Same thing for skirmishes.

While overall the "My alts get a burst of RAD quicker" is technically an improvement from the point of view of farming lots of alts, (despite the negative impact running loads more L70s through public leveling queues will have on the people for whom that content was supposed to exist), it goes nowhere near ofsetting the flaws that drive the random queue as a whole.

It IS as extreme as people are making it out to be.
    It's rubbish!

Whilever the model for Epic Random Queue is to keep adding harder content and cutting off more players as end game dungeon IL gates are added, it will remain a stupid idea.
    It's really simple mathematical logic that proves that adding more dungeons while removing the amount of people elligible to play them cannot improve the speed at which all dungeons will fire. Its completely contrary to the stated goal.

Before it happened, people pointed out that the epic dungeon queue would render it difficult to contribute daily Dungeoneers Shards... so they fixed that by completely eliminating that posibility for anyone below 10K, people who now can't run Skirmishes through RQ and forcing daily participation for those who can do it, rather than stockpiling quests for when you have the time. Removing the option of saving them up for the weekend or whenever you have the time to do it is stupid. It helps no one. Unless of course the goal i to prevent small guilds from growing, in which case it works like a charm.

They weighed the problem of sub 11K characters not being able to play epic dungeons for daily bonus RAD against the problem of high end players maybe getting annoyed if they are unable to get their daily Seals of the Brave from ONE dungeon run, and not have to do more... and the devs decided that the end game players mattered more than the sub 11K players... so sub 11Ks were relegated to sub L70 dungeons.

That's players who in the previous iteration of Neverwinter were perfectly capable of walking into Castle Never. Now not allowed to queue alongside other people for Valindra's Tower of Shores of Tuern unless they have unlocked MSP and FBI???
    It's ridiculous.

So yeah... in the bubble of "alts running leveling dungeons", its probably a great improvement. But to people who play mains for fun, the removal of options is a pretty big thing.

People who used to solo run leveling dungeons through private queues for RAD, out of courtesy to lower level players no longer have that option... <10K people who wanted to contribute Dungeoneers Shards no longer have that option, <11K people who wanted to run epic dungeons on their mains to get daily RAD, dungeoneers, and salvage in one go... no longer have that option.

People who want their seals of the brave in one dungeon run, however... crack on keep up the good work.

People who don't really care about sub 70 players enjoyment of the dungeons meant for sub 70 characters, and are interested in RAD farming their alts... congratulation,
    Random Queues have unveiled the real winners.
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User

That wasn't fun.

Did you try asking them to slow down and let you try? I think most would oblige. I ask if anybody wants it slow (unless I see everybody else is 70 too), but if they don't, can't hurt to try asking.
    I have.
    When taking new guildies through leveling dungeons I've often asked other L70 players to slow down.
    I'd say about 1 in 5 or 6 comply, most just ignore the request, and occasionally they simply offer me a vote to kick my guildie, as if them being too slow is the problem.
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I personally like the new random queue, it not only seems to connect much quicker it has the tendency to weed out a few of the people who are only in it for the chest at the end and it sounds like it will encourage a lot of players who already have an area unlocked to help out other players, their friends and guildmates unlock those areas as well.
    DD~
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Nope.

I wont bother with EPIC RQ dungeons. I dont have time to waste on an epic fail of FBI, MSP etc. The mechanics of one-shot killah mobs just don't excite me. My GF toon has [had] 170,000 hit points which can be taken on one fell swoop by KOS for example. During a multiplayer rumble like KOS thats fine, but during an end boss fight where you cant rejoin the fray its just not fun. I see the point in end game stuff BEING end game. Yeah I get that. I get that TO9G needs to be top top BiS toons. Yup. I get it. But I am at least 2k iL from being competitive in that dungeon.

So why penalize the poor sods that get my in a RQ? I won't inflict myself on them so I don't run EPIC RQ until the FBI, MSP and To9G are removed. Simples.
  • Options
    karenza#8370 karenza Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I havent read all the comments above but apart from commenting on Reddit early on that I wasnt really very happy I wanted to wait before commenting officially. I am a newish player & still unlocking zones, so I cant do FBI or Master Spellplague or ToNG. by the sound of them I am glad I can't. To be honest I am bored with the choices I am offered for my dungeon RQ, at first I thought it was fun to do dungeons I hadnt really done that much but they are just too easy & to be honest quite long, its not really that enjoyable. Is there away to seperate the queues into something level appropriate or can the dungeons we're being offered be made harder or have different RQ tiers related to your IL i.e. how the standard queue works, but if it stays how it is guess my choice is to stop running them
  • Options
    preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    The down-scaling truly is broken

I recently ran with a level 40ish guildie through Pirate King's Retreat, and I was very careful to only heal and buff so he could get the fun of doing the content on level

My sellsword just wanted to kill anybody that looked at her funny, though, and by the end of the dungeon had done as much damage as the player...

I'm not saying that the right answer would be to actually scale 15K players down to be on level with Cloak Tower.... not even sure how that would work honestly.... and take away all other forms of earning RAD except making them play the game as a noob, I'm just saying the down-scaling we have now is just garbage

Wouldn't matter if they hadn't insisted on launching ERQs in their broken state.... they could just ban 70s from RQs in leveling dungeons and none of these problems would be problems
  • Options
    marv700#9957 marv700 Member Posts: 135 Arc User

Wouldn't matter if they hadn't insisted on launching ERQs in their broken state.... they could just ban 70s from RQs in leveling dungeons and none of these problems would be problems

As previously stated, that would leave ALL fresh 70s and many other 70s with no random queue they could do.

OR, they could let folks queue solo for the leveling dungeons to get AD. Oh wait, that is how it used to work....
  • Options
    preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    I usually write how I speak, which can be confusing

Read that as an IF, THEN statement

IF they hadn't launched Epic Random Ques in a broken state (containing t3 dungeons) THEN they could just ban 70s from RQs in leveling dungeons and none of these problems would be problems