What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Random Dungeon Queue Change Needed

124»

Comments

• Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    Lots of ideas to make the RQ better (or just take it off) but i have to say, all that was in the preview forum topic about the randon queue and it came as they planned, i really dont believe they wil change it now...

about removing it or bring back the raw ad from daily dungeons like was, there's 2 points we must keep in mind
    1) Is much harder to program a bot to run a dungeon if you dont know what it will run
    2) Is almost impossible to have keys for every dungeon (extra chest) in game so this way if you want to open the both chests you HAVE TO BUY KEYS ! (something i never done and will never do because i dont like to bet on my money...)

I believe this 2 reasons will queep trhe randon queue here, the only good point is that in a few mods wee wil be able to run MSP and FBI with easy so it will not hit us that hard as it does now...

BTW i said i wouldnt use the RQ system for epic dungeons but i did tried to get guild shards and i ended in FBI as GF with a group with no DPS, 2 hours (and a lot of players changes) after i decided that the 30min punishment would mean nothing fi compared to the time i've lost there (never passed the turtle)...
    so i went to my shooter game for a few days... thinking in buy a expansion btw (in the shooter of course...)

used to pay 5 night in the week, now i think maybe i will play on weekends (maybe)
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    pitshade said:

> @mordekai#1901 said:

>

Nothing you say changes anything. If RQ isn't making queues pop faster as Asterdahl said they would, then that stated goal failed to materialize. But it was always a pipe dream because the problem is the lack of healers and nothing else. Queue as a healer, queue pops. Queue as anything else, enjoy the wait.

"because the clerics and tanks needed will be largely sent there first."

My characters are not resources for Cryptic to allocate, sorry.

Couldn't agree more.
    My Tanks aren't so bad for queue times, but Healers...

They wanted to ship the needed character types where they wanted them to go, so not so popular dungeons becam as actove as possible, doesn;t mater that most people don;t want to play them... play them they will.
    The "Not So" random allocation shows that to be the case.

It would probably make the whole thing go much smoother if there were more options to fill the quotas, or different quotas for different dungeons... but that is as unlikely as a step back to the way queues used to work.
  • Options
    bodini72bodini72 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    As a player that has historically had no problem spending real money on the game I can say that for me this queue'ing system is a deal breaker. I will spend no money at all and will utilize only the free to play aspect of the game from now on. Cryptic, if you are reading and paying attention then understand this, you have lost money on this change until you adjust it to something reasonable. I'm certain there are many others of the same mentality as I am. If you won't listen to those that take their time on the preview server or those of us that take the time to tell you here that this queue change is garbage, then maybe you'll listen to your profits, or loss of them.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Trying to random skirmish a PoM with no DPS (3 tanks, 2 warlocks, 1 support 1 low geared) and joint topping DPS on my tank with one of the SWs a long way ahead of the other 3 (my tank is not a DPS build in any way) is a bit silly. No chance of gold, we were lucky to get silver. Some sense in the way the random Q is put together would be useful.