test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion for TONG

chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
With the upcoming nerfs to bondings, which will make TONG all but impossible except for the highest-end teams, here is a suggestion to help ease the path of progression for everybody else:

1. Cut the hitpoints on the first boss by approximately 1/3rd. Teams will still have to follow the death spheres mechanic, but it will be easier for all teams to accomplish. And the high-end teams will still have no problems with this boss - it will simply be easier. But let's be honest, the high-end teams have no problems with this boss right now, so nothing will functionally change for them.
2. Because this boss becomes easier, lessen the rewards. Reduce the chances of Huntsman gear dropping, and reduce the number of Seals of the Brave rewarded.
3. To compensate for nerfing the first boss, buff the second boss. Right now, high-end teams simply ignore this boss' mechanics. Thus, double his hitpoints, and force teams to obey the dwarves mechanic. Make the fire/lightning/etc. AOE attacks an insta-kill for the team unless a team member is on the balcony killing dwarves. Decrease the response time of the dwarves, so that a team member must stay on the balcony to kill them, so that there is not enough time for a team member to run back and forth from the balcony to the boss.
4. Because this boss becomes harder, increase the rewards. Increase the chances off Huntsman gear dropping, make some drops unbound, and include some of the rarer Masterwork crafting materials (e.g. Fartouched Residuum) in the loot table for this boss.
5. No changes to final boss.

These changes will allow teams of all levels to obtain some measure of progression with TONG, and still be appropriately rewarded, without nerfing the entire dungeon or making it "e-z mode".
  • It is a win for weaker teams. They will be able to farm the first boss and get a few Seals of the Brave. They will also be able to explore some of the traps and challenges on the way from the first boss to the second boss, so that they actually understand what to do once they become stronger and better able to tackle the challenge of the second boss.
  • It is a win for stronger teams. They will be better rewarded for killing the second boss.
  • It is a win for teams who want interesting, challenging dungeon mechanics, as those aren't changing; rather, they are being enforced more strictly.

Comments

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    1 sure.
    2 I think the seals and loot is fine. It's not like this gear is being used and seals are capped..so reducing the seals isn't needed.
    3 I dint think this is a good idea. There is nothing that explains the mechanics at all that I know of and making it an install is overkill. Make the damage more and that's probably all that's needed. To many things have little room for error in this casual game.
    4 ...meh. leave the rewards but I agree partially with the changes.
  • chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    The idea is to make it a little easier for groups on the front end while keeping the same level of difficulty overall in the dungeon. Seems to me, the second boss is the natural place for a buff.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    1. Sounds good
    2. I see no reason for this. You say the boss becomes easier because it lost some HP but you ignore that players will be weaker. It's not going to make a huge difference in time or difficulty. Not to mention, the amount of seals given aren't exactly overwhelming as is.
    3. This game doesn't need more insta-kills. The difficulty is fine. I don't care what high-end teams do. I care what the average team can do. I'm beyond tired of people calling for nerfs/buffs/harder content/easier content/etc based on the needs of the 1%. The dungeon should be accessible to a larger pool of players not smaller.
    4. No buff to boss was needed so no buff to loot needed. Regardless, the boss naturally becomes harder due to bonding changes.
    5. No changes needed indeed.