test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF: T. Lightning, Steel Blitz, Mirage Weapon

chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
So I feel like I am the last person to figure this out, but evidently there is an interaction between T. Lightning, Steel Blitz, and the Mirage weapon from the River District which really boosts one's DPS. I just did two dungeon runs with a GWF who had good gear, not top of the line however, and his damage far exceeded my expectations. My question is, how important is the Mirage weapon for this interaction? I pretty much dread the idea of going back to the River District to get this weapon. Would T. Lightning, Steel Blitz, and some other similar weapon, such as the Relic weapon, be "good enough"?

Comments

• mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I recently switched just for fun, and borrowed a T- Lightning from my CW and tried it on my 15.8 GWF (w. Aboleth), and yeah, mobs and minor bosses are nothing short of hilarious :)

I haven't bothered making the Mirage weapons, so I don't know if they add even more, and on proper bosses you can really tell the difference from using Holy/Terror/or some other decent single enemy enchant, but that's what load-outs are for...
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Mirage currently adds bonus procs from each mirage in combat. Plus you get full weapon damage from the enchantment for every lightning chain made by clones. This is not a bug as said per a device many mods ago, but it will be removed in 12b. Lightning is still a great enchantment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User

Mirage currently adds bonus procs from each mirage in combat. Plus you get full weapon damage from the enchantment for every lightning chain made by clones. This is not a bug as said per a device many mods ago, but it will be removed in 12b. Lightning is still a great enchantment.

Which part will be removed in 12b?

The clones proc or the Steel Blitz fun?

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    The clones proc part... if you get any major bonus damage and extra skill procs to boost power that will be removed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • mathayis#3326 mathayis Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Where is the post from the devs saying that they are changing the way the mirage weapons work? I've not been able to find it.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    October bug fix thread on preview forum.
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Where is the post from the devs saying that they are changing the way the mirage weapons work? I've not been able to find it.

It's somewhere on the bug fix thread, I'm pretty sure I saw it there, try checking the least 7 pages or so, it should be there still.

Edit:

Found it, copying and pasting (and editing a bit) from the thread:

"tolkienbuff said:
    CW Mirage weapons proc feats in CW paragon Trees without interaction from CW. The Mirages causing damage proc these feats independent of player action.

@ctatumdev#6113 said:
    This has been fixed. Please note that in this fix, we have also fixed the bugged ability of the clones proccing enchantments. This was a bug. Since the clones are technically temporary pets, they should not proc enchantments."

If you want to see the original post, look for those of October 11.
  • chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    Okay well then I won't bother getting the Mirage weapons. Thanks!
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    AS gwf i dont need mirage to do the heavy damage with lightning all i need is to slot steel blitz for aoe fights.

THE mirage propaganda continues non stop but let it be nothing will change because the thing is not the mirage that make the difference.