test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Graphics / appearance change bug

kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
Starting this thread for a new user to create a bug report thread.
My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
kuI2v8l.png

Comments

• pillowpillowcasepillowpillowcase Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Calling me a new user is a bit weird, but I suppose I haven't been on the forums before...

Anyway! That was an aside. Hi, I have an old account and have a few level 70 characters. After starting on the Cloaked Ascendancy campaign with my main, and realising the third quest in the introduction would give me a chance to redesign the rest of my team, I decided to take all my characters through the process at some point. I then tried with one of my other characters, and basically tried to remake what I was unhappy with about them.

When I clicked "Apply changes" in the Tower of Alteration, however, it gave me an in-game message to the effect of "You can't change your character's equipment here". I'm not sure about the exact wording, but it was something along those lines - and when I looked at the character in the sheet window, none of the changes I'd made seemed to have been applied. Furthermore, in the appearance change screen, my character was wearing a red shirt of some description (I had gone in with fashion gear on display, and when I clicked "Hide armor" the red shirt showed up on the upper body). It didn't look very good, and certainly didn't look like any of the character's other gear. I therefore decided to try and use the other token as well, and see if the changes would stick - and if the shirt would go away, because the shirt was the one thing that had actually stayed, even though it was the one thing I didn't want.

The second token seemed to apply the changes, but the shirt didn't go away. So, in an effort to figure out what the problem was, I tried to change the appearance of two of my other characters immediately. With the first of them, I tried to do the same thing - have fashion gear on display, and click Hide armor - and the same thing happened. First, the changes failed to apply the first time; second, the shirt showed up again and didn't go away. Then, I tried to go through with the other one, and just not click Hide armor. I actually don't remember right now if I got an in-game message telling me that the equipment couldn't be changed - but this character, at the very least, didn't get a grubby-looking brownish shirt overriding their upper body. So right now, I have two characters who have that ugly thing covering their torso and arms, and no way of getting it off (my change appearance tokens were used up; the first time, in each case, ate a token even though none of my changes were applied to the character).

For reference, the first character was wearing a full Turmian Merchant set; the second was wearing a Feywild Regalia, but without the hat. Here's a picture of the second one, for reference - I took off her top to show what the shirt looks like. It doesn't show up unless there's nothing else on the upper body.

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The shirt appears on a character created using the original designs before either mod 3 or 4? To avoid or remove the bug, click in a preset look and modify your appearance from there. Using an un-updated model glitches the system. It tries to update to a current look but adds the shirt for some reason.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • pillowpillowcasepillowpillowcase Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    That might be the case! These are all old characters - however, the first character whose appearance I changed was by far my oldest, and comes from the time of the open beta, and no shirt appeared. Maybe it's a compound of the characters being old, and an error with something or else I did?

Honestly, that does sound like a good explanation, though. I have no way of fixing it by that method, however, given that both of my Change Appearance tokens were swallowed.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    If you ever buy/acquire another token, clicking on a preset and then using it as your base will remove the shirt glitch. That is probably the only fix.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother