Install Arc
Options

Dungeon Statistics:

2»

Comments

• Options
    preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    They could just sell gear-score packs on the Zen Market and make a killing
    Maybe make it a subscription so, like a balloon with a tiny hole in it, if you quit blowing your money in it, it deflates
  • Options
    baronstragenbaronstragen Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    @thefabricant Statistics are just that, statistics. And a group is really only as strong as its weakest link in T2+ (T3) dungeons. I've been here years and seen the gear score change to item level change to a different item level and it's never really changed a thing. I don't bother with reinforcement kits anymore - they're pointless when you keep changing most of your gear. I could inflate my ilevel but I don't need to. And to the sharp eyed, it's not hard to tell who is inflating their score and who isn't. There are people who will kick you even if you are being part of the team, but to them aren't dps'ing or healing enough. Your system would generate more questions than it would answer. Don't get me wrong, there are parts of it I appreciate (like the number of times abandoned), but it sounds a lot like the pvp ranking system with wins and losses and kills and that system is flawed. For every statistic made, a statistic can be falsely generated. Time statistics are flawed as well (bio breaks, etc.) The other thing is content skipped. It's easy to run through MSP and avoid 75% of the mobs to shorten the dungeon time, but some people like to clear dungeons as well. There really is no easy fix.
    Varric the Cursed Dwarven cursed to be Tiefling CW
    Original Serenity Mostly Retired DC
    Tokarek Bearded Dwarven OP Tankadin
    JuiceHead Goofy Human GWF
    Member of H3llzWarriors and Limitless.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    IL is irrelevant, is wrong. The difference between a 6k GWF and a 16k GWF is significant. I know, where you are coming from. My main has 16k+ IL, bc idk for the costs, he is my main. I have two alts shy of 15k IL with full R12s (except utility slots) , 1 legendary companion, 4 epic companions (sellsword, aarchons, etc), 5 mounts, 5 insignia boni, good gear (I dont use SOMI gear, bc I dont want to grind vonin blood and I could not be bothered to run TONG, to grind the seals, but executioners black attire etc are sometimes better and decent enough IMO). They lack a few boons, but otherwise they are near BIS. I could push them to 15 or 16k IL, but the difference in performance would not compensate the costs of ADs.

That being said, I understand, your argument, but the time requirement would force you, to run only with good players and, sadly, most of the long time players I did do my dungeon runs with left the game. Furthermore I see FBI, MSP and TONG as a waste of my time (time spent/ reward wise) and would hate, to run it on every alt for X times, to enter or be invited.

The only real indicator of skill or performance is running the dungeon and even there ignorance is bliss, like ppl complaining about the low dmg of the MOF rene CW compared to the SS thrauma CW in a FBI run.

BTW I am one of the players, you complained about, running (epic) dungeons or skirmishes solo or duo, not because I dont want to help out, but because my tolerance for stupidity and entitlement is limited and these runs are faster, then 95% of PuG runs, I dont have to wait for que to pop, nobody goes AFK or has a disconnect and last but not least, I dont have to read insults from players with shiny names like big XXXX slayer, sexybabe or the 105th Legolas, who would not understand game mechanics, even if you would tattoo them into their eyelids, for taking to long soloing the boss after they died in the first 30 seconds.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    asterotg said:

BTW I am one of the players, you complained about, running (epic) dungeons or skirmishes solo or duo, not because I dont want to help out, but because my tolerance for stupidity and entitlement is limited and these runs are faster, then 95% of PuG runs, I dont have to wait for que to pop, nobody goes AFK or has a disconnect and last but not least, I dont have to read insults from players with shiny names like big XXXX slayer, sexybabe or the 105th Legolas, who would not understand game mechanics, even if you would tattoo them into their eyelids, for taking to long soloing the boss after they died in the first 30 seconds.

Brilliant and funny :smile: