test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Owlbear vs Crit Builds

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

That picture will be your son in 17+ years when he gets to a higher level math course.

Signed,

A Graduate of Sharpedge's Perfect Math Class.

(Also, speaking of which, I'm not sure what I did besides pull my inner Sharp and wonder where the labels are. You should be thanking Sharp for the ability coefficients and level bases...)

• sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Fair enough! Lol
    Thanks @thefabricant

*edited for extreme stupidity
    Post edited by sirjimbofrancis on
    Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Very Nice!
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    @thefabricant He's your evil twin. He keeps taking credit for all your hard work!
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • talon1970talon1970 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 152 Arc User
    As always i like your work, your insight and your passion with the Tr class, so that we all could better perform better in PvE and become an viable option again.

The only thing i am a little bit afraid of is...the owlbear cup.

It is something personal, that i don't like things, like the old Lostmouth set, which are maybe the main source of the dps any class could do, but i am always a little bit afraid if things like that become an "overlook" and "adjustment" from the devs, that it is not that viable anymore.
    I could now bring on my cynicism and my dark sense of humor, that an dev noticed that with an owlbear, the tr is too strong and we all know, what will then happened....

It is not an critic on this build, i like it, really and i have read your comments on reddit, that it is an option, to other more than viable exe builds.
    And also, i will post it on the german section as always, to spread your and others thoughts, knowledge, so that maybe more Tr are performing better, bc i see many, many are still don't do it now.

I
    talon1970 said:

As always i like your work, your insight and your passion with the Tr class, so that we all could better perform better in PvE and become an viable option again.

The only thing i am a little bit afraid of is...the owlbear cup.

It is something personal, that i don't like things, like the old Lostmouth set, which are maybe the main source of the dps any class could do, but i am always a little bit afraid if things like that become an "overlook" and "adjustment" from the devs, that it is not that viable anymore.
    I could now bring on my cynicism and my dark sense of humor, that an dev noticed that with an owlbear, the tr is too strong and we all know, what will then happened....

It is not an critic on this build, i like it, really and i have read your comments on reddit, that it is an option, to other more than viable exe builds.
    And also, i will post it on the german section as always, to spread your and others thoughts, knowledge, so that maybe more Tr are performing better, bc i see many, many are still don't do it now.

Thank you! It's very tricky to compare whole builds. But, I had a feeling, if we looked at exactly why people liked the Owlbear Build, namely that "with big power buffs they'll out perform everything" we'd find that that isn't the case. I think I showed that outside of a very narrow circumstance, solo vs mobs, it won't his as hard as the Crit Builds. I hope that is the takeaway and not, "owlbears suck" or "Sabos are best" or "sabo Owlbear are best".

I'm a little afraid people will just look at the graphs and not read what I say, and come to the wrong conclusion.
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    TL;DR Who won? Crit? Owlbear?
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪

It wasn't a full comparison, just a damage comparison between 4 encounter powers in a mob scenario. Bottom line is, if you are in a buff group, the crit Build will hit harder. In Solo play vs single target, crit Build most likely does better (hit for hit) because of at-will damage from DF and, especially with executioner damage buffs. In solo play vs mobs, Sabos out perform Executioners (of course), but Owlbear builds probably out Damage crit builds (hit for hit) in solo mob play.
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • doink#2651 doink Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    So my TL,DR says:
    Sabo build for mobs in groupplay, cause you have to consider you can refill your stealth via Bladeflurry 2-3 times during 1 lurker assault. It hits for 4-8 times for me on ps4, not sure if this is a bug or intended. I proc cunning ambusher a lot. Also, you can have infinite stealth smoke bombs and ITC with a haste group, op and acdc, cause the cooldown from acdc with annointed army is 4 seconds instant, and not like 4 seconds in 2 seconds with HG. So smoke bomb is up all 6-8 seconds, or less.

Also it seems Bladeflurry is the only encounter to proc Back to the shadows properly and quite often, so your cunning ambusher may go through the roof, if 1 hit of flurry refills 25 % of your stealthbar.
    Doink....useless TR...

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited September 2017

It wasn't a full comparison, just a damage comparison between 4 encounter powers in a mob scenario. Bottom line is, if you are in a buff group, the crit Build will hit harder. In Solo play vs single target, crit Build most likely does better (hit for hit) because of at-will damage from DF and, especially with executioner damage buffs. In solo play vs mobs, Sabos out perform Executioners (of course), but Owlbear builds probably out Damage crit builds (hit for hit) in solo mob play.
    Owlbear used to be good for some classes with multiproc effect or proc for entities like chills and still that was weaker than a critical build . One day devs woke up and said: OTher things are ok that one so gamebreaking.

ENchantments with weapon damage scaling do a lot more " gamebreaking " ( if we can call that owlbear did something gamebreaking) activating from everything att wills dailies encounters feats etc. AT least owlbear was 50% of the power and proc from encounter.

WEapon enchant i have seen 1m hit while owlbear hardly 400k.
  • hammbo1969hammbo1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    Taken me months to get to a stage where I have 106% crit. Even if the Owlbear build outperformed pure crit ridiculously - I'd still be obliged to play the crit build.
  • doink#2651 doink Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    It also depends on how the sabo is skilled in the sabo tree, with 5/5 in gutterborn or different... For me the crit build with Sabo won as intended, cause of the multiprocs of several talents.
    Doink....useless TR...