test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

refining Rough AD and praying on ALTS.

roxannejadroxannejad Member Posts: 7 Arc User
Hello all,

I will try to be direct and cut to the chase, I recently came back to the game, I've played neverwinter back in beta-live phase back in 2013 or so, I suppose I am a founder, and I invested some money into the game, so I intend to commit to it and play it more from now on, but here is what i noticed when i came back, Having alts is so much more advantageous and to the point of it being UNFAIR compared to having 1-2 characters.

Please take this post into consideration, and implement it in mod 12b. it is really something important.

As it stands now, there is somethig unfair and unjust about the game, the fact that having many alts has so much advantage and is ultimately much more rewarding even on a small scale like having 1 extra low level alt.
For 2 main reasons, refining AD, AND praying.

I dont like having alts, i like having 1 character that i can farm and upgrade and focus on. but the game now FORCES me to create more alts, even low level alts, to be able to benefit from them.

most of the player base now have 3++ characters on the account, some people have 15 characters and these characters are mostly used for refining AD and praying, because if you have alts, you can increase the number of refining AD you can get by 36k / char, then use the astral exchange to give them to your main, so the more alts you have, the more AD you can get. and that is just not fair for someone with no alts.

Now please don't go around nerfing this and messing it up for people with many alts, else the consequences of that choice will be the same with bonding runes changes, people will not like it at all specially those who paid money to get those character slots, keep the thing as it is now, What i want is a small fair increase for the single or double character players.

I for example have 1 main character that i like to play. and i dont wanna have anything else, for me that is good, HOWEVER compared to people with many alts they get a lot more benefits than me, simply by clicking a button of refine ( or pray )
while every 6 days i get 1 chest of augment artifacts from 11 currency of praying, people with alts get a chest per alt.

i was forced recently to create a level-5 alt JUST TO refine more AD, and to me that is a hassle and illogical, I dont wanna be forced to create a low level alt just to refine. or just to pray. I like having 1 character and not switching between 3 alts.

So in order for this to be fair for everyone, increase the cap on refining RAD / day / character as long as there are 1-2 characters on the account.
Everyone in this game gets 2x slots, and almost everyone bought something at some point, which means they have an extra slot from first time purchased.
so a total of 3 slots is the normal number of slots anyone can have without putting effort or spending a lot, so the number 3 is the key.

My ultimate suggestion is this:

If someone has 1 character ONLY on the account, he should be able to refine 3x 36k Rad = 108k AD /day and the praying reward should be x3 also. ( it is the same as now, but instead of the hassle of doing it on 3x characters, we do it on one. )

If that same person created an alt for whatever reason, that number will be divided amongst 2 characters, meaning 108k / 2 = 54k / character / day

if the person has 3 characters total OR MORE, then the praying reward and the refining AD will be back to same now. 36k / char / day and 2x marks of prayer /day ( forgot the name ), people who spend money and zen on extra slots should benefit more from those who dont spend. and since the normal number of character slots everyone has is 3. that multiplier should be the basis.

1 character = 108k RAD and 6 marks / dayy ( instead of making 3 characters to refine 36k and praying on each. )
2 characters = 54k RAD and 4 marks / day
3 or more characters = 36k RAD and 2 marks / day.

that way its fair and just for everyone, without FORCING us players who want a single character, to create alts simply for the sake of refining more RAD and praying. However if we wanted to buy extra slots for more benefits, we can.

please consider this, as i am sure it will make a lot of players happy, and it will have 0 effect on the game and the balance whatsoever, we will be getting the same amount of AD and the same amount of prays, but instead of distributing it on 3 characters which forces us to create those 3 characters to refine the Rad and pray.

thank you for reading.
awaiting your feedback, if you have anything to comment or ask please do.

Comments

• safespacecadet#3341 safespacecadet Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    But are you going to make 108k RAD every day on one character? Or 54k RAD on 2 characters? Seven days a week? If you are currently doing that, I pretty much guarantee you will burn out.

Also, there are not just people with multiple alts. There are also people with multiple accounts.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    There was no point in mentioning you being around at beta, basically you played for a few weeks then left for four years - during which time the game has changed and expanded dramatically, probably to the point where anything you thought you knew is no longer relevant.

Typically for a mid level player I'd say it takes (roughly) an hour to farm enough salvage to max 1 character at 36k (unless you get lucky & have multiple drops in runs) so two hours of farming if you're passing salvage to your 2nd character.

That's on top of working campaigns and gear progression. This means you'd need to be playing for at least 3 hrs per day for your suggestion to be of any value to you.

If you're putting in more than 3 hrs per day and hitting the 72k barrier then you can easily save for a couple of days and buy another set of character slots - you don't need to progress them much to be able to salvage but suddenly you can refine 144k per day, enough for 4 hrs of farming per day.

High level speed runners can make twice that within the same time frame but they've invested a huge amount of time and/or real money to get there so I don't begrudge them.

Also as you are probably not very up on the current news for NW development, I would say 'be careful what you wish for' as more often than not, drawing the devs attention to an area ends up with changes nobody wants - including the people that did the requesting.

For more info on this, check the preview threads section for coming changes.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    I would also point out that if your idea was implemented people would use multiple accounts with basic farming builds to cheat the system using your suggested capacities. As such, a player with 3 accounts could refine 324k per day by just running the treadmill.

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    There is no point to mention what you did in beta because having alt has been the norm since day 1. I have no idea why you did not know that back then. Do you know how much you need to pay to add an alt? In full price, $2.50. In 80% off price, 50 cents. If you do Zax, $0.
    Why were there multiple 80% off character slot sales? The game wants you to have many characters.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • roxannejadroxannejad Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    armadeonx said:

I would also point out that if your idea was implemented people would use multiple accounts with basic farming builds to cheat the system using your suggested capacities. As such, a player with 3 accounts could refine 324k per day by just running the treadmill.

anything that people be do after my suggestion is implemented, can be done now. nothing will change.

instead of distributing it on 3 characters, id rather have it on 1 character

your idea may happen now, and still people can do that across accounts they can get 3 chars / account and farm 36k / char

which means they can farm for 9 characters across 3 accounts, and get the same amount you mentioned 324k

but instead of going through the process of " putting items on your shared, then logging alt refine, then using exchange "

you will simply salvage them on your 1 character.

my idea is bulletproof as it does not introduce anything new,it is exactly like now but with a small rework, it simply collects the amount of AD you can get across 3 characters, and condense them into 1 character ( as long as this character is alone on the account )

that way you can get the SAME amount of AD you get now, but instead of using alts to refine, youd use your main.

note : i play few hours a day, 3-4-6-7 depends on my availability, I can farm that much AD, your post the one above this, also suggested that it takes time, but mate you are not seeing that it is exactly as it is now..
    my idea is not something new that requires grinding, you already do grinding now, but instead of expanding the Rad over 3 characters to refine then collect them back on your main, you can do that directly without having the hassle to collect alts

"keep in mind if i wanted to that on 3 characters or more, then i would buy a slot and have more alts to do "

but as it is now, it is basically forcing to create alts to get the amount of AD i can "simply" farm a day by doing content.

hope this makes more.

But are you going to make 108k RAD every day on one character? Or 54k RAD on 2 characters? Seven days a week? If you are currently doing that, I pretty much guarantee you will burn out.

Also, there are not just people with multiple alts. There are also people with multiple accounts.

you kinda contradicted your idea, you said " are you going to do that ? , you will burn out "

then you mentioned people with many alts and not just that but with many accounts.
    arent they burned out ? :P :P

ill farm whatever i can / day, sometimes i barely farm, sometimes i farm a lot,
    quite few days i had 100k Rad sitting on my main, before i learned about the account share refine AD exchange method.

the idea again here bro, is that it is the same as now.

lets say i farmed 10 epic items today = 40k RAD, instead of putting 9 items on my main to refine 36k, then put that last item on shared account, log alt , take item, salvage it, refine 4k , use exchange to get it back to my alt

i will simply refine all 10 on my main, bcz the cap is not 36k, but 108k

you see the logic ??

goes for any number of RAD above 36k.
    armadeonx said:

There was no point in mentioning you being around at beta, basically you played for a few weeks then left for four years - during which time the game has changed and expanded dramatically, probably to the point where anything you thought you knew is no longer relevant.

Typically for a mid level player I'd say it takes (roughly) an hour to farm enough salvage to max 1 character at 36k (unless you get lucky & have multiple drops in runs) so two hours of farming if you're passing salvage to your 2nd character.

That's on top of working campaigns and gear progression. This means you'd need to be playing for at least 3 hrs per day for your suggestion to be of any value to you.

If you're putting in more than 3 hrs per day and hitting the 72k barrier then you can easily save for a couple of days and buy another set of character slots - you don't need to progress them much to be able to salvage but suddenly you can refine 144k per day, enough for 4 hrs of farming per day.

High level speed runners can make twice that within the same time frame but they've invested a huge amount of time and/or real money to get there so I don't begrudge them.

Also as you are probably not very up on the current news for NW development, I would say 'be careful what you wish for' as more often than not, drawing the devs attention to an area ends up with changes nobody wants - including the people that did the requesting.

btw im curious as to know how you came to the conclusion that i played the game for few weeks then left for 4 years ??

i played for many months unend, i spent hours and hours of playing and grinding and farming each day, till i was one of the top tier rogues in PVP and PVE, ( Not max but in the top ).

so its kinda presumptuous of you to assume i played a bit and that i dont know anything about the game ^_^
    edited September 2017
    You don't get it. The game simply wants you to have multiple characters to get AD this way. The dev already indirectly acknowledged this method by
    (a) 80% character slot sales in the past few years,
    (b) changed purple seal ring to account bound (from character bound) after mod 12 because people complained they could not move that to another character for salvage. They used to be able to move blue seal ring which was eliminated in mod 12.

Having alt has many advantage. AD is only a little part of multiple advantage. There is nothing unfair. Anyone can do it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited September 2017

armadeonx said:

btw im curious as to know how you came to the conclusion that i played the game for few weeks then left for 4 years ??

i played for many months unend, i spent hours and hours of playing and grinding and farming each day, till i was one of the top tier rogues in PVP and PVE, ( Not max but in the top ).

so its kinda presumptuous of you to assume i played a bit and that i dont know anything about the game ^_^
    There were two clues - firstly you mentioned about playing in Beta but not any of the mods. Secondly, your only comment prior to this discussion was in September 2013, exactly 4 years ago. Something tells me that if you were an active player in the early mods that there's a high chance you would've been an active forum participant.

Just for clarification, what mod did you play up to?

My other point about "be careful where you draw the devs attention" relates to how they have a very nasty habit of taking a suggestion and turning it into something you didn't want. E.g. I would suspect that if they were to work on this idea they would morph it into an account wide refinement cap.

I.e. you could refine up to a set limit on your account regardless of the number of characters. That's the kind of thing they'd do. I'm saying this as a person who has had an idea or two implemented by the devs. I acknowledge that having to transfer salvage to an alt is a bit time consuming and not having to do that would save a bit of time, however, I'd rather them leave the entire subject alone because for every nice thing they do, they add two that players don't want.

Please do as I suggested and go read up on the changes coming in mod 12b. Don't forget to read the feedback.

armadeonx said:

armadeonx said:

There were two clues - firstly you mentioned about playing in Beta but not any of the mods. Secondly, your only comment prior to this discussion was in September 2013, exactly 4 years ago. Something tells me that if you were an active player in the early mods that there's a high chance you would've been an active forum participant.

Just for clarification, what mod did you play up to?

My other point about "be careful where you draw the devs attention" relates to how they have a very nasty habit of taking a suggestion and turning it into something you didn't want. E.g. I would suspect that if they were to work on this idea they would morph it into an account wide refinement cap.

I.e. you could refine up to a set limit on your account regardless of the number of characters. That's the kind of thing they'd do. I'm saying this as a person who has had an idea or two implemented by the devs. I acknowledge that having to transfer salvage to an alt is a bit time consuming and not having to do that would save a bit of time, however, I'd rather them leave the entire subject alone because for every nice thing they do, they add two that players don't want.

Please do as I suggested and go read up on the changes coming in mod 12b. Don't forget to read the feedback.

i do agree there is a high chance of it being twisted by the devs for their own benefit, but i just had to suggest it.

i played beta, up to sharandar release, then i played sharandar for a while, then stopped.

came back couple of years ago, leveled from 60--68, then stopped again, then returned 2 months ago, i dang 70 and im near 11k ilvl.

that should be a clear explanation, however i played pre-and after sharandar quite a while, i forgot the exact period, but i would say around a year or so.

no i havent been playing for these 4 years. i was playing WoW and dota and league :P :P

anyways sorry if i brought this subject and it ended being a twist :/ but i just cant be bothered to create alts, level them to 5, and just start using this share account items to salvage then refine on alts then use astral exchange.. this whole process is completely useless and time consuming needlessly :/

anyways lets hope they dont take it the wrong way, and ive read the mod 12b changes, with the new raise of AD u get per dungeons and skirmishes, this suggestion will work wonderful, as u can get to the 108k cap on your ONLY main character, a lot faster than now. which is a good bonus.

anws thanks for replying.

You don't get it. The game simply wants you to have multiple characters to get AD this way. The dev already indirectly acknowledged this method by
    (b) changed purple seal ring to account bound (from character bound) after mod 12 because people complained they could not move that to another character for salvage. They used to be able to move blue seal ring which was eliminated in mod 12.

Having alt has many advantage. AD is only a little part of multiple advantage. There is nothing unfair. Anyone can do it.

i disagree that the game wants you to get AD like this, the changes you mentioned are simply to help people level and "gear" alts faster, as a lot of people enjoy playing many classes.

these changes help people to be somewhat sufficient on their alt, by using their main to get bound to account gear and giving it to alts, with the added bonus of refining AD

but the MAIN point is not to MAKE YOU get AD like that. as it is a very silly and counterproductive idea.

think about it and let me know what you think.

thanks for your reply anws.
    edited September 2017

i disagree that the game wants you to get AD like this, the changes you mentioned are simply to help people level and "gear" alts faster, as a lot of people enjoy playing many classes.

these changes help people to be somewhat sufficient on their alt, by using their main to get bound to account gear and giving it to alts, with the added bonus of refining AD

but the MAIN point is not to MAKE YOU get AD like that. as it is a very silly and counterproductive idea.

think about it and let me know what you think.

thanks for your reply anws.
    No, that was not the reason you think it was. The main reason is for salvage in another account.
    There was a lot of complains after mod 12 landed. People called that AD nerf (because they couldn't move the character bound seal ring to another character). People was not complaining about their alt needs to wear it.

There is no useful gear provided in the seal vendor. Buying runic is a trap. Runic gear has no meaningful salvage value. Restoring it and maintaining it is just painful. Buying ring can give that to alt but why? There are better ring you can get from mod 12. Those seal rings are basically for salvage.

It is introduced in mod 12. In mod 12, there are far better and (very importantly) inexpensive mod 12 new gear, weapon, ring in AH to gear up alt. Higher item level. Better stat.
    People are crafting and selling those stuff with virtually free materials. That is why they are cheap and very affordable. Easier than getting seal from dungeon.
    These cheap gear, weapon and ring are all available BEFORE the patch that made the seal ring to be account bound.

For the gear you got from dungeon, except for certain special gear, most of them are for the class of the character. i.e. GWF gets GWF armour/head/arm/feet. Unless your alt is in the same class (another GWF), there is no point to pass to another alt for the sake to gear him up.