test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game Client Crashes (Not responding)

finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 447 Arc User
A lot of times i get this crash when swapping to charachter screen or changing zones..
Anyone knows what casuses this ?
And how to fix this.

Have updated all drivers and did a file test (no corrupted files)
Thank you
Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer

Answers

• Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Same issue here and several friends I know have same issue.

Couple tips.

- If the name of the map appears but the screenshot of the area doesn;t, check the top right, if the minimise window button does not show, it's crashed.

- I cannot speak for anyone else but the following areas do not crash for me.

PE- Driftwood Tavern (thankyou @putzboy). (it has crashed very rarely when exiting a Skirmish such as KR).
    Mantol Deroth.
    Well of Dragons.
    Stronghold.
    Caer Coenig.

---

I ran with someone in MC said they had the same issue (maybe it wasn't). They contacted support and support said their Windows install was missing files. At some point in the conversation this person decided it was better to suffer the crashes than continue getting their issue solved by support.

People say a lot of things though, usually with some added embellishments.

---

This issue started for me last November, my Hard Drive died and was forced to use Linux. When the issue started I thought it was Linux and WINE. Couldn't post in Technical support because despite it being an Unnoficial User Sub Forum, a request for user support was moved as Cryptic do not officially support Linux.

The Issue continued with a clean Windows 8.1 install.

---

Sometimes I can play all day and no issues, sometimes the game crashes on every other loadscreen.