test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Grow Alliance

Hi all those stumbling into this thread,

I have been looking around and often see people who would like to join a guild that offers a certain playstyle or dedication and end up either guild hopping for a while or not getting accepted untill they met a certain level, item level, gear etc.
Sadly I know my main guild has also such a requirement, but next to that we have a sort of Academy which let's people get a feeel of how a Guild works descend upon them.
But let's face it. A lot of these "Academies", (by lack of a better word" require alts of a certain level, experience etc to run them to be online most of the time.
This distracts main characters often away from their own grind, quests etc.
So I am wondering.
Howmany of these socalled "Academies" roam out there, not being able to get into the same Alliance as their Main Guild due to some restictions set by Alliance leadership or purely because there is soo much interest in the Main Guild's Alliance that a spot is granted to a more competative Guild rather than an "Academy Guild".

I ask this because being part of an Alliance grants a few more benefits to these Guilds that strife to help people grow untill they are ready and willing to hop over to the Main Guild.
Some aren't that eager to hop over to a Main Guild due to the relationships they build up in their Academy and prefer to remain there, help the Academy grow and other players find their way in Neverwinter.

However pooling more than one Academy into an Alliance of Academies increases the amount of knowledge available and also opens up more chance of assistance and even Dragonflights etc more than just being a stand alone Academy.

If you have several Academies in an Alliance and Guild B has nobody online of their "leadership/knowledgebase" and Guild C does have someone online the Alliance chat becomes a very viable bonus tool for questions.

Offcourse such a venture should require a bit more talks about it, but I don't really see the harm of some oldbees in Academies putting their collective heads together and help nurture a more pleasant gaming experience to newer players and help guide them through more aspects of the game and offering them more options.

Comments

• docsnuggles#6615 docsnuggles Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    I understand the reluctance this idea might pose for some people.

The fear of cross guild recruitement might be one of the most prominent fears in the whole, next to that maybe the fear of donations going elsewhere than own guild.
    However I feel most, if not all fears can be extinguished by good communication and agreements.

Thing is we all want people to stick around in the game, preferably in our own Guild. Reality however is that for every 10 people you get into your Guild only a few or even one remains in said Guild.
    By having a diversity of Academy Guilds you atleast create a tad broader possebility of people remaining in one of the Academy Guilds and as such maybe grow on to the Main Guilds.
    Also by combining knowledge and assistance you create a tad wider net in which people can be caught when they tend to fall into uncertainty or are feeling lost.
    This might make more new players likely to stay in the game and as such be a benefit for all of us but in a slighly other way than we might have hoped or expected.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    Sorry, but I don't understand what you are saying. You want to have those Guilds ?
    I don't see any benefit of those. There are actual normal guilds that don't have IL requirements that in normal alliances. Why to have separate guild with some distinction ? Some fitting more leveling people, others less, but with a very wide verity of guilds I don't see the purpose of this.

Some guilds already made sister guilds for leveling people because they got capped on the accounts. And move people once room is freed on the main guild. But this is up to those who manage the guilds, as it's a significant additional work.
  • docsnuggles#6615 docsnuggles Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    The intention is as follows:

All Academy Guilds or however they are called have alts in them from experienced people. This however requires often to have a seperate channel for the people in the Sister Guild or Academy so they can communicate with the Main Guild incase none of the experienced people is currently online in the Academy Guild.
    If however several of those academy guilds form up in an Alliance you gain a bigger pot of expertise and help.
    Plus often a sisterguild or Academy isn't part of the same Alliance as the Main guild, often due to the fact that the spots in the Main Guilds Alliance are used for more extensive Guilds.
    This often sets the socalled Academy Guilds at a small disadvantage, being they hardly ever have enough people available for stuff like DragonFlight, Marauders and such.
    Also running Major HE's at times can pose an issue because there is a need to have certain characters in the academy guild online.

By combining forces you create more options and possebilities for these Academy Guilds to offer a broader variety to those who are part of those Academies.
    You are more likely to find people from around the same level to team up for dungeons, skirmishes or PvP.
    You have to turn less to Looking for Group chat in PE and grow in experience with people you learn to know and how they play, they develop together and thus create bonds, friendships etc which will only benefit them a lot more in the game and possibly ties them to the game more profoundly.

In my years online I found that the real ties to the game isn't the gearscore farming and BiS hunting. It's the friendships and relations which one builds up which ultimately tie you more to the game.

And let's face it. We hardly expect Cryptic to make the game more fun for new(er) players, it's the interaction they have with other players which will define their desire to keep on playing.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    Why not just make a custom channel for "new players" and job done ?

And why to keep said newer players in a separate "ghetto" ? Most guilds do not have this separation, and those that do it's mainly sub level 70 and post level 70, and there is not much to do about sub-level 70.
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited September 2017
    Most guilds I have come across cap out on accounts far sooner than characters. I'm sure there are some exceptions.

Our alliance is full, with two guilds at GH 20 and a third about to get there. We always have room for new players to join without any particular item level requirements, and for all characters that the player actively uses to be part of the alliance.

Our GH 20 guilds can at times be capped on accounts, but people are welcome to join the other real guilds in the alliance with real guild leaders and knowledge about the game. If these "academy" guilds are without real leadership and structure, I would suggest looking for an alliance filled with real guilds rather than placeholder guilds.

I'm sure it's a rare alliance in which all guilds are at the cap of 150 accounts and 500 characters that are actively played (meaning players that log on at least once in a while).
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min