test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ok moaning time

welshdemonwelshdemon Member Posts: 48 Arc User
Hi all just want to have a moan i know the devs will never see this but still i need to get this off my chest.
I am LVL 70 TANKADIN i feel like i am a good tank cos not alot of my party dies also that is what they say has well.
So to the moaning at the end of the dungeon i will have taken depending on dungeon 2-40mil damage and all i ever get is a +1 ring wtf is all that about.
This RNG HAMSTER has always pissed me off in every mmorpg game because i have made sure everyone is safe and able to kill the mobs fast with out dying and the DC loves me cos i hardly ever need their healing even though they are awesome at it i just have enough heals of my own to keep me going.
Ok rant over srry guys/gals
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    I feel your pain.

Which is why I tend to avoid RNG as much as possible. That is my only advice. Avoid RNG and grind instead.

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    If they only gave rewards based on the paingiver charts, anyone who played support or even a true tank or healer class, would end up being S.O.L. RNG is fickle. Give the RNG some love maybe the RNG will love you back? (Don't ask me how to give it some love though, I'm still trying to figure that one out myself).
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    There used to be a local urban myth that running any content on a Thursday (after reset) increased your chances of better loot. Like any myth, best taken with a pinch of salt.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

There used to be a local urban myth that running any content on a Thursday (after reset) increased your chances of better loot. Like any myth, best taken with a pinch of salt.

Talking of myths. And RNG in particular I suddenly realised that all my "good luck" in RNG has happened "early on" in a sequence.

Let me explain.

In my first batch [6] of Chultan Treasure maps I received a 480 item level mask, a whole bunch of Chultan Treasures [campaign currency] and two +3 rings. Since then meh +1 rings and rubbish.

In my first 20 ToDG I got my one and only +5 ring and a Knights Brigandine Chest piece. In the 50-60 ToDGs since, meh nothing.

In my first 20 or so refining bags I got a Coal Ward. In the million bags since, not one.

SO maybe RNG is actually based on something to do with giving a player NEW to something a higher chance to get a good drop and then diminishes afterwards? Discuss :smile:
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    RNG was best for about 1 week after the Keygate nerf, since then it has been crappy again
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

If they only gave rewards based on the paingiver charts, anyone who played support or even a true tank or healer class, would end up being S.O.L. RNG is fickle. Give the RNG some love maybe the RNG will love you back? (Don't ask me how to give it some love though, I'm still trying to figure that one out myself).

Dude, it took me over 1.7k CN runs to get my 1st Shard of Orcus' wand. I did thousands of DotDM queues in hopes for the Beholder Tank, but nope. I have over 2k hours in the game, Rank 10 VIP and countless keys bought yet I STILL DIDN'T GET JACK HAMSTER. And by that I mean, I literally NEVER got an epic in a lockbox. HAMSTER the RNG and HAMSTER the "luck" required to get everything. There's people like me that grind and grind and grind until we lose all our senses and don't get jack, and then there's people who have 2x Hunter +5 rings equipped 2 weeks after Chult has been released. That is NOT OKAY.

The fact stands, some people just have infinitely better luck than others. And that's just plain ol', HAMSTER.
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    So we are moaning about RNG? Cool.
    RNG is a Bia tch!!!!

• isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    So you made a thread to talk about how great you are, and that RNG sucks... Great stuff, and this is why "Devs" are jumping for joy when they see posts like yours lol.
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    lantern22 said:

RNG was best for about 1 week after the Keygate nerf, since then it has been crappy again

This feels VERY true. However the prices on AH disagree. For example, all artifacts that were 800k + are all under 100k now, many are less. Stuff is dropping, just not for me! xD

• tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    Most artifacts will drop to near-zero price with the new RP system (feeder benefit going away). Some of the drop to current levels probably happened when the new system was announced (speculation, I didn't track prices).

RNG and loot tables are set so that there's a steady progression of power inline with the designer's ideas about how fast average player power should grow. If the loot tables are too generous, content is quickly trivialized and requires frequent rework to remain relevant to the players. If the loot tables are too stingy, players don't have a sense of progression and get bored.

Like with any system involving random outcomes, most players will be either above or below random expectation. Some will be drastically above or below. Some people come home from Las Vegas big winners, some lose everything, most lose around what probability dictates they should (e.g. 5% if you play roulette). If you're on the bad luck side of the random curve, it certainly isn't fun. In the long run, though, the game's RNG will treat you as good or bad as every other player.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

Most artifacts will drop to near-zero price with the new RP system (feeder benefit going away). Some of the drop to current levels probably happened when the new system was announced (speculation, I didn't track prices).

RNG and loot tables are set so that there's a steady progression of power inline with the designer's ideas about how fast average player power should grow. If the loot tables are too generous, content is quickly trivialized and requires frequent rework to remain relevant to the players. If the loot tables are too stingy, players don't have a sense of progression and get bored.

Like with any system involving random outcomes, most players will be either above or below random expectation. Some will be drastically above or below. Some people come home from Las Vegas big winners, some lose everything, most lose around what probability dictates they should (e.g. 5% if you play roulette). If you're on the bad luck side of the random curve, it certainly isn't fun. In the long run, though, the game's RNG will treat you as good or bad as every other player.

If luck it truly does balance out later on, and every bad RNG case will be balanced out by a good one of the same scale, by this time next year, I should own Cryptic. I'll look forward to that, @tripsofthrymr