test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why don't you introduce a ladder system to PVP, you already have rankings,

daphnesnowbourndaphnesnowbourn Member Posts: 16 Arc User
When I'm like page 300, or something, their is no reason why I should be coming up against the #1 probably at least 20% of the time. That is completely stupid. PVP is not fun at all, except for the very elite top group of players. Actually I use to like it back when I first started, of course that was before I was level 70, and was playing against people I might acually stand a chance against.

I'm not even sure how PVP is fun for the top tier players, it doesn't show their skill, or have any element of luck either one. All it show is that they have put together an overpowered team. Why do they even want to play against me if I present no challenge???

The other weak helped, when you had solo, queing. Except you still allowed teams to queus as a group, you just split them up. Which means that they took turns letting each other dominate, at one station. Guaranteeing that they leveled up. In order to truely make it fair you would have to make them queue seperately. And I'm sure you keep some statistics, and know the groups that usually always queue together, you should make it so that no more than 2 of them get on a team, and that they are not playing against their normal teamates.

You allready have the rankings so make them useful. I have spent at least a few hundred dollars on this game in the past. And am currently VIP, but am ready to quite, because the only thing over level 70 that isn't a grind, is PVP. And even that isn't enjoyable. besides why should have to go play PVP, even, when I know I don't stand a change to win??? Just to get my 6000 - 7000 Astral Diamonds.

Wake up an quite catering this game to a select goup of elite players.

Comments

• cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    It comes down to not having enough players to actually do matchmaking most of the time, which is tied to rewards being sucky.
  • miyanaamiyanaa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    "Why do they even want to play against me if I present no challenge???" Maybe to make them feel better about themselves lol. You know ,if a 15k BiS PvP player 1 shots an 8k player they think they are Gods of NW :D

Seriously though. Ive heard of people syncing matches in solo queue, I think Gravity guild does that, pretty sad.
    Even premading in normal queue is totally useless atm. Why not try to make 5v5 in priv queue? I'll always keep wondering.

As a BiS PvP player Ive stopped playing this game (again), only cause PvP is totally dead and PvE gets boring really fast.
    Private queue was hyped for a few weeks after launching but at some point fighting same people over and over (with TR broken skills and perma-stun OPs) is just....boring.

Would be cool if we had some kind of rankings in NW, like in Overwatch for example. So certain ranks play vs the same ranks, and they rank up/down depending on wins. But its literally impossible to do in Neverwinter, mainly cause people would abuse all possible bugs and would do troll comps just to win.

So yeah, just give up :P
    PvP DC ~ Meep Neox
    YouTube
  • miyanaamiyanaa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    @etelgrin

We ran priv queue 5v5s everyday for houuuurs for a few good weeks tbh. No trashtalking ever. It was fun for some time, we tried different comps and tried to balance things out by swapping players between teams.

So not sure what u are talking about :P
    PvP DC ~ Meep Neox
    YouTube
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    etelgrin said:

@miyanaa

5v5 priv que is impossible even with as much custom pvp channels as you can imagine because people are salty or trashtalking between each other. I heard some of them will even take a screenshot of your character wearing particular twice fixed ring and call up your parents telling them that you used the ring, if the ring is not the case and they still lose, its the troll comp, if its not the troll comp is the one particular player that made it imabalance or other, I bet you heard it many times.

Hehe i would take screen with feytouched ( while ok that an enchant already bought ) since is a known bug get fix at mod 12b .
    I should also keep playing with drains even if it is not my style because community need to count every broken thing as broken thing and not whatever they feel is broken, Or use whaterver you feel without be a jerk to others:)
    30% damage reduction right? when under normal conditions would reduce 18% instead.................

Souls sparks lasted for 1 week i remember but this is ok was part of the build and i guess the same and for feytouched.