Install Arc
Options

New Mount - Carpet of Flying

2»

Comments

• Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited October 2017

I just bought myself an epic carpet of flying mount on live and got a pleasant surprise. :smile:

I asked earlier in this thread for the epic version to be tweaked so that it allows you to carry passengers just like its legendary counterpart does. I didn't see a followup dev comment to my request or anybody saying that the epic mount does allow passengers so I assumed the devs had not done this. A bystander saw me riding my epic carpet mount and asked me if it carried passengers. I told him I didn't know if it did or not but that it probably doesn't. I had him help me test it and it turns out that the epic version does in fact allow you to carry a passenger.

My thanks to the devs for making it so the epic carpet of flying mount allows for passengers just like the legendary version. This will be great for fairying around lowbie players and its very helpful that we don't have to shell out 7mil AD in order to host the passenger feature.

For anyone who doesn't know how to use the new passenger feature, here are some directions:

Join parties with a player who owns a carpet mount, stand near the mounted player, open the player interaction menu (press F or right click the player's name in chat), and then click the "pile on" option. Remember that you must be in the same party as the player you are trying to board in order for it to work, the pile on option grays out otherwise.

I'm guessing that the reason this mount only lets you carry party members is to prevent trolls from mounting random player's carpets. However, this protection measure is not needed. If someone does hop on your mount without asking, you can simply desummon your mount and the troll will fall off. I'd like to request that the devs remove the party safeguard so its easier to use this new passenger feature.

It's possible that it isn't WAI...

https://clips-media-assets.twitch.tv/142923274.mp4
    Dam... I hope they don't change it back. Its better the way it is and I doubt people buying the epic version for its passenger feature are going to be very happy if the devs change it back now.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,289 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Are you trying to kidnap a npc?

lol. You can't kidnap NPCs, they can't open the player interact menu.

That would be hilarious if you could though.
    But without being in the party, you can kidnap any player unless there is a dialog box pops up for the passenger to accept when you pile him/her on.
    Since you are such a bad guy, you fly the carpet to T-Rex and drop her in the middle of it and fly away. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    @trgluestickz, I've gotten confirmation that it isn't supposed to happen. But they haven't decided what to do yet.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    if we get confirmation on the 2seat ability in the purple one i will start to buy Keys, but i think we will not get this till the end of the key sales...
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    rafaelda said:

if we get confirmation on the 2seat ability in the purple one i will start to buy Keys, but i think we will not get this till the end of the key sales...

Well... That day is today hehe...

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10701704
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Are you trying to kidnap a npc?

lol. You can't kidnap NPCs, they can't open the player interact menu.

That would be hilarious if you could though.
    But without being in the party, you can kidnap any player unless there is a dialog box pops up for the passenger to accept when you pile him/her on.
    Since you are such a bad guy, you fly the carpet to T-Rex and drop her in the middle of it and fly away. :)
    You can't kidnap a player because the passenger player is the one who has to open the interact menu and select the pile on option. The owner of the carpet cannot select the pile on option for them...
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    @frozenfirevr you are right, its not intentional that the epic allows passengers and they are fixing it in the morning (october 27th).

The good news is that the devs are giving the people who bought the epic carpet before the update some pretty sweet compensation.

The bad news is that fewer people are going to have the money needed to purchase the pile on feature after tomorrow.

Also, it looks like the announcement has caused epic carpet of flying prices to skyrocket to 2mil AD a piece. If anybody here has an unequipped epic carpet, either equip it yourself ASAP or try to sell it before maintenance starts in a few hours.

Here is what I found in tomorrow's patch notes word for word:

"Release Notes

Items and Economy

General

Carpet of Flying: The Epic version of this mount no longer allows a second player to ride pillion. The Legendary version is unaffected by this change.
    Those who have already equipped their epic Carpet of Flying will automatically receive a Legendary Carpet of Flying costume, complete with the ability for a second player to ride pillion.
    These players will not receive the combat or equip power of the legendary carpet.
    This fixup will only affect players who have equipped the epic carpet before this update.
    See this post for more details."

Here is the post those notes are referring to:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1235729/epic-carpet-of-flying-passenger-functionality
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options

@frozenfirevr you are right, its not intentional that the epic allows passengers and they are fixing it in the morning (october 27th).

The good news is that the devs are giving the people who bought the epic carpet before the update some pretty sweet compensation.

The bad news is that fewer people are going to have the money needed to purchase the pile on feature after tomorrow.

Also, it looks like the announcement has caused epic carpet of flying prices to skyrocket to 2mil AD a piece. If anybody here has an unequipped epic carpet, either equip it yourself ASAP or try to sell it before maintenance starts in a few hours.

"Release Notes

Items and Economy

General

Carpet of Flying: The Epic version of this mount no longer allows a second player to ride pillion. The Legendary version is unaffected by this change.
    Those who have already equipped their epic Carpet of Flying will automatically receive a Legendary Carpet of Flying costume, complete with the ability for a second player to ride pillion.
    These players will not receive the combat or equip power of the legendary carpet.
    This fixup will only affect players who have equipped the epic carpet before this update.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1235729/epic-carpet-of-flying-passenger-functionality

I bought mine for 1.2 mil :confused:

There's another bad news too, for the Legendary version's owners and owners to be, it isn't as exclusive any more.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    edited October 2017

"Release Notes

Items and Economy

General

There's another bad news too, for the Legendary version's owners and owners to be, it isn't as exclusive any more.
    Lol. I'm sure the legendary would not have been very "exclusive" anyway. Already have seen lots of people flying around with the legendary version and its a very popular mount. The number of people with pre-update epic carpets isn't that high compared with how many people are likely to buy the legendary as months wear on. Remember that many players don't check the forums and probably don't know about the update. Many people also like to wait for the prices of new epic mounts to drop before buying them anyway and as soon as the announcement was made prices went up to 2mil a peice, which will prevent many players from taking advantage of the announcement regardless of whether or not they know about it.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options

"Release Notes

Items and Economy

General

Lol. I'm sure the legendary would not have been very "exclusive" anyway. Already have seen lots of people flying around with the legendary version. The number of people with pre-update epic carpets isn't that high compared with how many people are likely to buy the legendary as months wear on. Remember that many players don't check the forums and probably didn't see the update. Many people also like to wait for the prices of new epic mounts to drop before buying them anyway and as soon as the announcement was made prices went up to 2mil a peice.
    Yea, but most of the people who bought it already, bought it only for the looks. So they've complaining that they paid too much. IMO, the best solution would've been to create a legacy version with the pillion feature and leave the looks as it.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    edited October 2017

"Release Notes

Items and Economy

General

Lol. I'm sure the legendary would not have been very "exclusive" anyway. Already have seen lots of people flying around with the legendary version. The number of people with pre-update epic carpets isn't that high compared with how many people are likely to buy the legendary as months wear on. Remember that many players don't check the forums and probably didn't see the update. Many people also like to wait for the prices of new epic mounts to drop before buying them anyway and as soon as the announcement was made prices went up to 2mil a peice.
    Yea, but most of the people who bought it already, bought it only for the looks. So they've complaining that they paid too much. IMO, the best solution would've been to create a legacy version with the pillion feature and leave the looks as it.
    While your solution would have been reasonable as well, I don't see any issue with the way they chose to do this. Another reason players buy legendary carpets is the speed combined with a lower price tag. Its one of the cheepest legendary mounts and many players choose to buy cheeper legendaries for the speed. The legendary costume skin does not have the speed. I have yet to see any complaints about this announcement on the forums though maybe we will start seeing a few.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

rafaelda said:

Well... That day is today hehe...

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10701704
    ANd now i'm sad that i didn't bought one from AH directly XD