test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Module 12b Preview Patch Notes: NW.90.20170828a.6

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Content and Environment
Merchant Prince's Folly
  • Various logic for this skirmish has been updated and improved.

Combat and Powers
Classes and Balance
  • Devoted Cleric: Exaltation and Divine Glow: Players should no longer sometimes lose half of their expected Action Point gain when casting on high-Deflect targets.
  • Devoted Cleric: Shared Burdens should no longer cause invalid deflections.
  • Hunter Ranger: Blade Hurricane: This feat's base damage has been reduced to 150% (down from 165%).
    • This is in conjunction with a previous change on Preview to make the Blade Hurricane effect start at the end of a melee power's animation, rather than on activation. That change should allow a player to squeeze more powers into the time of its effect.
  • Scourge Warlock: Aura of Despair should no longer cause invalid deflections.
  • Scourge Warlock: Warlock's Bargain should no longer cause infinite damage loops.
  • Various healing powers can no longer be dodged.
Enchantments, Enhancements, and Runestones
  • Transcendent Feytouched now properly applies a single 18% damage debuff, rather than two 15% damage debuffs. The other ranks with this effect now properly apply their stated values too.
PvP
  • CC Diminishing Returns: We're trying out a change that causes new stacks of CC Diminishing Returns to refresh the effect. Once the player reaches 4 stacks, they remain immune to CC for 15 seconds before the full stack drops.
  • Dwarven Valley's PvP area now properly flags the player as "in PvP" for various effects.
  • Healing Suppression has been increased to 75%, up from 50%. This is an experimental change, and is likely to change in the future.
  • Stronghold PvP no longer restricts players in the same guild from joining the opposite side of the match, though it will still prefer to keep them on the same side.
General
  • Charm of the Serpent: This artifact no longer sometimes casts twice on activation, and is no longer affected by Recovery or other cooldown reduction effects.
  • Greater Everfrost Shirt and Pants should not cause players to incorrectly enter combat.
  • Powers with "lunge to target" components should now feel more consistent against large enemies.
  • The "Giants Among the Dead" Stronghold Heroic Encounter should no longer trigger player deflects from far-away players who aren't fighting them.

Items and Economy
New Gear
  • The Strategist set bonus no longer causes various Deflect powers to proc.
  • The Strategist set bonus now properly procs as expected.
Merchant Prince's Folly
  • Rewards from this skirmish now properly respect the Active Companion Bonus of the Chultan Hunter.
  • Rewards from this skirmish now properly respect the weekly campaign currency limit.
  • The Deinonychus that drops from this skirmish is now properly the Deinonychus mount, rather than a companion.
Professions
  • Leatherworking: Deep Wilderness Gathering now gives 300 profession XP for completion, in line with similar tasks in other professions.
PvP
  • References to the Tenacity stat have been removed from a few remaining item tooltips.
Refinement
  • Preview Only: Ultimate Enchanting Stones and Ultimate Marks of Potency are now available cheaply in the Preview tab of the Wondrous Bazaar.
  • Attempting to upgrade certain items no longer results in a crash.
  • Enchanting Stone is now called Moderate Enchanting Stone.
  • Enchanting Stones have been renamed to match the equivalent tiers of Marks of Potency.
  • Gemstones from Invocation are now bound to account.
  • Gemstones now show their RP values in yellow text.
  • Icons for various Rank 13 and 14 enchantments have been added.
  • Lesser Bonding Runestones are now Rare quality, reduced from Epic.
  • Refinement items from the Winter Festival can now properly convert into Refinement Points.
  • Runestones no longer incorrectly talk about matching slot color, as there is not a slot color mechanic.
  • The Refinement Point cap is now 50 million, reduced from 100 million, to avoid running into a system limit.
  • Ultimate Marks of Potency now properly cost 125,000 Astral Diamonds, down from 150,000.
  • "Upgrade" now properly attempts to upgrade an enchantment when it's one of a stack, rather than just feeding it Refinement Points.

User Interface
Boons
  • The "You have unspent points!" notification now properly appears for Cloaked Ascendancy and Jungles of Chult.
Campaigns
  • The appearance of the Patronage Token tasks has been tweaked to make it clearer when they're locked.
Collections
  • Cult of the Dragon weapons are no longer in Collections, since they are no longer available.
  • Eternal Armor now shows up in Location view.
HUD
  • A "Dismount" selection no longer incorrectly appears on the player right-click menu.
Inventory
  • Overload Enchantments no longer show the "+" icon in the lower-right, as they cannot be fed resources in order to recharge.
  • Filter information text now appears at the top of the inventory when one or more filters are active.
  • The "Sell All Treasure" option now exists, but there's a known bug in this build where it'll only sell one item per use.
Queues
  • The displayed reward is now consistent, rather than changing when the player character's level is scaled.
  • When queuing for Private PvP Domination, it no longer displays the "Random Hero's Accord" queue as checked.
  • When queuing for PvP Solo Queue, ratings are now more likely to be taken into account.
  • When Random Queues pop, it now displays the name of the Random Queue rather than the actual resulting instance.
Zen Market
  • "Buy Wards" shortcuts from Refinement now properly show both Preservation Ward and Coalescent Ward purchases. (Note that this will not function on NeverwinterPreview.)

Art and Animation
General
  • Certain Stronghold Hunter Ranger axes are no longer held backwards.

Performance and Stability
General
  • A couple crashes have been addressed.
  • We've made a change to how visual effects draw when working on multiple threads. Ideally, this will have either no player-facing effect.

Known Issues
Patronage System
  • The Dread Ring patronage token currently has no effect.
  • Underdark, Maze Engine, and Cloaked Ascendancy patronage tokens still cannot be created.
General
  • The Barkshield Armor Enhancement still incorrectly absorbs damage even when it has no stacks of Bolstered Bark, and incorrectly absorbs more damage than it says it should.
  • The Required Item Level for random leveling queues is incorrectly marked as 10,000.

Comments

• tstrong21#4991 tstrong21 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    @terramak

The Overgrown boon in Chult is still giving 30 item lvls for the first point, but 0 items levels for the second point on live version.
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Hey @terramak - can we also get the Purple Enchanting stones in the WB OR get the conversion function turned on please?

Exceptionally hard to rank up additional enchants to test stats without them.
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    Quartermaster Bags - Once you have Quartermasters at Rank 13/14, the stuff dropping is Quartz (1 Refinement point) and Peridots (50 RP), and rank 2s... Looks like going over a certain percentage bugs them out.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Hmmm...I was hoping to see a fix to the FF and BtS DC powers that seemed to have broken last week....ah, well, next week then.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    @terramak Hello, I can't copy any character in the preview below the 18th one, the window that let's you choose the character you want to copy to preview in this site(...arcgames.com/en/.../character/copy/nw#~) isn't scrollable and even by zooming in or out the characters are not viewable to be selected, can you please fix it?
    edited September 2017
    @terramak FEEDBACK: don't know where to post it or how to change to red color...

I'd like to note that in the new refining system, that even if you have all the refining points needed, you can't fully refine an enchantment if you don't own the reagents, AND if you have them you are immediately asked to upgrade, you should have the choice to fully refine first and THEN upgrade otherwise you might try accidentally refining without wards and ending up losing the reagents!!!
  • eliybeatseliybeats Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    Was the nerf to blade hurricane needed? We probably have the best powers to use already with combat builds dmg wise that isn't affected by the capstone's activation time. I guess this is good as for variety but was the nerf really needed? Not sure what would be better to use in our rotations other than fox maybe.
  • maxthakillamaxthakilla Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    The barkshield enchantment for armor is fine as it is right now for PVE... if ever you make it absorb the amount written on it... it might become balanced for PVP but in PVE it will be very useless. Please do not destroy barkshield for PVE. Thank you.
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Looks like bonding stones are broken. I have 3932 base arp on my character with 1 legendary pet (after legendary stat pass through) , I have 3 R12 bonding stones, with 3 loyal avenger items. So I should have (55% * 3) * (435 * 3) + 3932, which should be greater than ~6k. I get 5110 after bonding stones proc. So something is broken.
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User

@terramak you can not buy pioneer equipment for other classes, no matter that you have a 100% advancement complete at Chult.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    a couple of questions:

1) did this fix to feytouch fixed also the interaction with powers casting entities? (the cooldown of the enchantment gets bugged and its uptime reduced to 0).

2) was the nerf to combat HR really necessary? no one thinks they are over performing
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    I've just tested blade hurricane on preview and I think the fix is working nicely.

On live, with plant growth and thorn strike you can get 2 procs from split strike (4 attacks, sometimes even 3 which is weird) or 2 procs from clear the ground (4 attacks).

On preview, I can get 3 procs (6 attacks) pretty much every time, the third proc kicks in just before flurry stops so you may sometime get 2 procs only, but rarely.

I tested all encounters and flurry starts at the right time for all of them. Good job!

I believe the extra procs will easily make up for the slight reduction from 165% to 150%.

Thanks for this change.

Could we please get a list of the fixes which were part of the first mod12b preview patch?
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    macjae said:

miguelfdz said:

Less healing on pvp? Now all DC will go dps, even on last patch was pathetic self heals. You should give the dc 50% more healing outgoing healing instead on healing 70% more averyone but you (Class mechanic)

No, less healing in pvp will make the heals that DCs provide *more* valuable. Currently, everyone (that is properly specced for PVP) has way too much healing on their own independent of classes whose role is to heal. Reducing the overall amount of healing means that the additional healing provided by DCs and healing OPs will make a larger relative difference.
    how exactly DC will be more viable with this change?
    healer DC only mitigate damge and heal.
    they reduce Astral shield effect by 75% and heals in PVP reduce by half (compare to today)
    Bastion of health heal for 30k, with this change it will heal for 7.5k in PVP...and this is the strongest heal we have with 2 sec casting time and 12sec cool time
    if i follow your logic they should increase heal dippresion to 95% and than cleric will shine in PVP

as for all the talk abot cleric palying DPS. either ppl play PVP on XLS sheet or they never play cleric at all
    more then half of cleric powers have heals, even for rightuous.
    you think DPS cleric can go to PVP without astral shield, no heals, cast FF do 5k damage and be usuefull?

as cleric i am used to see nerf in every mod.
    but mod12b cutting 75% of astral shield, heals by half and bonding power buff by half... might be the biggest nerf i seen so far
    most likely cleric will go back to the state of mod1-5 = training dummy
  • rellik8821rellik8821 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Fey Blessing is not dropping enchants?

Still need coal wards in Zen shop or Wondrous Bazaar in Preview
  • michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    BUG: Unparalleled Plague Fire debuff is overwritten by inferior Plague Fire ranks, only the combination Unparalleled + Transcendent works correctly.
    Example: Player 1 is equipped with Unparalleled PF, Player 2 is equipped with Greater PF. They both attack the same enemy, keeping their PF at 3 stacks.
    Expected: 18% debuff (12+6)
    Observed: 6% debuff. Sometimes the debuff is 18% for a couple of seconds, then it becomes 6%.

BUG: Unparalleled Frost debuff should last 10 seconds, with 20 seconds cooldown. There is no cooldown: the uptime is 100%.
    This bug does not occur if you attack the same target at the same with an Unparalleled Frost and a Frost of different rank: in this case it respects the cooldown.

BUG: Unparalleled Dread debuffs (normal and on critical hit) are 5%, but the tooltip states that they are 4%.
    Post edited by michela123 on
  • graydoomgraydoom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    Could you guys implement some "fill all power points bottom" in powers window, and put mounts insignias and companions in loadouts?
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    What is the expected purpose of the Patron System for reducing campaign time for alts?

Is it 50% reduction in campaign time? 30%?

My estimation is that in its current form, for SKT especially, it only reduced campaign time by about 20%. Since you have to grind campaign resources on a character to pay for the token. And the token costs 50,000 AD in addition to the campaign currency.

So is 20% reduction in campaign time worth 50,000 AD? Not for me. For me to use the system, there needs to be a better pay off.

For the campaigns like Dread Ring, ToD, Sharandar and Icewind Dale...any currencies I have goes into our guild coffer to upgrade the guild. I do not have any hoarded that I can spend on the Patron System,

I think the Patron System is a great idea. Unfortunately, the cost is way too high on test server.

After I grind SKT/SOMI for over 3 months, the last thing I want to do is grind it more so I can buy a token.

The way SKT currently stands, it takes about 3 months to grind through the campaign if you do dailies and weeklies in both the SKT starter zones and SOMI. If you just did the initial 3 zones, you would save about 50% of your time each day with dailies, but only add about 25% of the time to the process, as SOMI does not give many Secrets of Ostoria relative to the other zones. Voninblood has to be acquired by grinding HE's or looting artifacts. Looting artifacts can get you about 10K an hour, depending on your luck.

On a different note. Is there any way we can get a kobold added to the Strong Hold tavern that cleans everything and likes to talk about cleaning. You could name him Deekin!
  • andre#8369 andre Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Looks like my dc class is getting worse and worse....and still no pally, GF, or SoD tweaks...

At least fix BtS and FF lol.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    terramak said:

• Preview Only: Ultimate Enchanting Stones and Ultimate Marks of Potency are now available cheaply in the Preview tab of the Wondrous Bazaar.
    • Attempting to upgrade certain items no longer results in a crash.
    • Enchanting Stone is now called Moderate Enchanting Stone.
    • Enchanting Stones have been renamed to match the equivalent tiers of Marks of Potency.
    • Gemstones from Invocation are now bound to account.
    • Gemstones now show their RP values in yellow text.
    • Icons for various Rank 13 and 14 enchantments have been added.
    • Lesser Bonding Runestones are now Rare quality, reduced from Epic.
    • Refinement items from the Winter Festival can now properly convert into Refinement Points.
    • Runestones no longer incorrectly talk about matching slot color, as there is not a slot color mechanic.
    • The Refinement Point cap is now 50 million, reduced from 100 million, to avoid running into a system limit.
    • Ultimate Marks of Potency now properly cost 125,000 Astral Diamonds, down from 150,000.
    • "Upgrade" now properly attempts to upgrade an enchantment when it's one of a stack, rather than just feeding it Refinement Points.
    take note

RP cap info is missing:

eg:

also FIX tradebar currency cap:

Preview marks not BoP:
    eg:
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • eliybeatseliybeats Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    After testing on preview server I'm still unsure about the change. It makes other powers more viable but the dmg nerf was not necessary. In high end groups blade hurricane sometimes isn't even used completely due to how fast encounters come up with high recovery and dcs and ops reducing cool downs even more. In my experience it is better for single target dps to use encounters asap and sometimes stack them and then flurry( gushing wound and pg immediately after) during those situations. Until I play in a group not really sure how this change will be. @dragonsban3 my nemesis will not be affected by this as much as he uses storm warden and can stack encounters like myself. I perhap might since I use more at wills due to careful attack and rapid strike( for single target) in order to keep up dmg wise. I might be wrong it would only be in those low cd situations though. In a pug dungeon the changes will definitely be better. However since this affects rush down play style I would definitely consider it a small nerf. Which would be unfair. Considering trapper and is still bis dps wise and combat is almost tied with it and can surpass it depending on stats I would revert the 15%. People who say that Combat is best dps don't run with other top hrs in the trapper who can make it seem second hand, but I do, and I assure you, Combat doesn't need the nerf considering that trapper can root, apply dots, buff with long strider's consistently, and do massive dps as well. 165% would be better for the combat capstone, not 150%.
  • time2011time2011 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    i agree with eliy cause combat hr's can do some gnarly dps but compared to a trapper can run circles around a combat built hr, that nerf really was not necessary at all if it was just that change to the flurry proc'ing it'd be ok but a 15% dmg redux is just stupid imo
  • panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    dolrey said:

plavia said:

macjae said:

miguelfdz said:

Less healing on pvp? Now all DC will go dps, even on last patch was pathetic self heals. You should give the dc 50% more healing outgoing healing instead on healing 70% more averyone but you (Class mechanic)

No, less healing in pvp will make the heals that DCs provide *more* valuable. Currently, everyone (that is properly specced for PVP) has way too much healing on their own independent of classes whose role is to heal. Reducing the overall amount of healing means that the additional healing provided by DCs and healing OPs will make a larger relative difference.
    how exactly DC will be more viable with this change?
    healer DC only mitigate damge and heal.
    they reduce Astral shield effect by 75% and heals in PVP reduce by half (compare to today)
    Bastion of health heal for 30k, with this change it will heal for 7.5k in PVP...and this is the strongest heal we have with 2 sec casting time and 12sec cool time
    if i follow your logic they should increase heal dippresion to 95% and than cleric will shine in PVP

as for all the talk abot cleric palying DPS. either ppl play PVP on XLS sheet or they never play cleric at all
    more then half of cleric powers have heals, even for rightuous.
    you think DPS cleric can go to PVP without astral shield, no heals, cast FF do 5k damage and be usuefull?

as cleric i am used to see nerf in every mod.
    but mod12b cutting 75% of astral shield, heals by half and bonding power buff by half... might be the biggest nerf i seen so far
    most likely cleric will go back to the state of mod1-5 = training dummy
    You have wrong healers :0
    Top DCs in our server can heal everyone to full health in few seconds (even in PvP).
    No one from top DCs play healer...and no one dc if plays healer can save you from one hits. (i dont talk about pvp)
    The healing in PVE is absolutely useless!

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
    No response? Do you not want us to help you solve the problems?
  • jiubiizeekkjiubiizeekk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
    Yep we still haven't had a single word from the devs...
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    So "Ultimate Marks of Potency now properly cost 125,000 Astral Diamonds, down from 150,000"

But Superior Marks of Potency will still cost 100,000 AD?

Drop Superiors to 50-60k or something like that, to keep some form of consistency within the system...
This discussion has been closed.